Hyperion Wharf Begins

lebeau

SPI has declared that the former venue known as mannequins at the now defunct PI will be converted into a full service restaurant. While SPI usually has the latest and greatest on HW news. I'd say they are just a bit late with this revalation. Must be reality sinking in.

You have a remarkable knack for only summarizing the parts of a story that support your own agenda.

The article is mostly speculation based on the concept art. The name Silk Road has always been there. And since it was the only real name included in the concept art, it lead to the conclusion that Silk Road had signed an agreement to be in HW at some point.

The article actually states that this seems less likely now that the Silk Road in Vegas has gone under. So it is entirely possible that the one 3rd party they had signed has flaked out on them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You have a remarkable knack for only summarizing the parts of a story that support your own agenda.

The article is mostly speculation based on the concept art. The name Silk Road has always been there. And since it was the only real name included in the concept art, it lead to the conclusion that Silk Road had signed an agreement to be in HW at some point.

The article actually states that this seems less likely now that the Silk Road in Vegas has gone under. So it is entirely possible that the one 3rd party they had signed has flaked out on them.
The term for that is quote mining. It is the bread and butter for conspiracy theorists, etc.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks, Master Yoda. I was not familiar with that term. I expect I'll be using it in the not-too-distant future. :lookaroun
You are welcome. I find it comes in handy from time to time. In this day and age you have to learn pretty much every devious debating/reporting tactic just to watch the news.

lebeau

You are welcome. I find it comes in handy from time to time. In this day and age you have to learn pretty much every devious debating/reporting tactic just to watch the news.

That's why I've stopped watching the news. I get my info from NPR. It's remarkable to hear news without spin (at least to the extent human beings are capable of being objective).

But the same knowledge of tactics just might come in handy at some forums I frequent...

Buried20KLeague

OK children, sorry to break up your happy thread drift but we have a new rumor in town.

Fireworks being added to the DTD experience nightly.

Just keep spinning... Just keep spinning... :rolleyes:

This rumor has ZERO to do with HW, or even DTD as a whole. The rumor is that the Poly is going to be completely shut down for asbestos removal, with OKW and SSR being pushed in its place... And to help entice people to book at these resorts, they might add some nightly pyro to be launched (presumably) from the centrally located body of water between those two resorts and DTD.

Your manipulation is old and tired.

Beyond that, that rumor sounds horribly far-fetched. There's no reason any work on the poly wouldn't be done in stages, allowing it to stay open. That's what they did when they did the CR. The poly makes WAYYYYY too much money for TDO to be willing to shut it down completely for any length of time. Plus the rooms just got renovated. We won't be seeing fireworks at DTD.

EDIT TO ADD: The fact that you made a suggestion the Earth Barge move to the lake by DTD is basically proof to me that you're trolling. That comment was meant to do nothing more than get someone worked up.

Buried20KLeague

Wait a tic... So he left out the part of the story that didn't support his argument???

Shocking.

:rolleyes:

That's why I've stopped watching the news. I get my info from NPR. It's remarkable to hear news without spin (at least to the extent human beings are capable of being objective).

But the same knowledge of tactics just might come in handy at some forums I frequent...

LOL...if you're listening to NPR thinking it's objective...well, let's just say it's really not...

71jason

With that much space needed for a resteraunt, and with Disneys and Landry's partnership, maybe they are going to put in an Aquarium Resteraunt. Similar to the coral reef at epcot just much bigger.

There was a solid rumor a year and a half ago or so that the Aquarium Restaurant was going into the Virgin store. So it's almost definitely been discussed for DTD. I agree, a restaurant that huge would be very unusual. Only comparable spaces around town I can think of are Margaritaville and the Hard Rock--both of which came with solid name recognition.

IIRC, the Silk Road artwork was leaked, never officially released (unlike the "Zach Divine"/giant TV artwork or the shot of the new ampitheater). Whether it was wishful thinking or a deal that fell through, I don't think the general public was ever meant to see that.

lebeau

IIRC, the Silk Road artwork was leaked, never officially released (unlike the "Zach Divine"/giant TV artwork or the shot of the new ampitheater). Whether it was wishful thinking or a deal that fell through, I don't think the general public was ever meant to see that.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't remember seeing any real names in the officially released artwork. But then, Silk Road wouldn't have jumped out at me either.

71jason

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't remember seeing any real names in the officially released artwork. But then, Silk Road wouldn't have jumped out at me either.

It was the one legit brand name, even the logo matched. No one has ever been able to explain "Zach Divine," so my guess is it's an inside joke.

Wilt Dasney

Um, guys...I hate to break up this doom and gloom session, but I think we can safely say it's a given that Silk Road is coming to HW.

Just check out this webpage for the restaurant that replaced Silk Road in Las Vegas: http://www.vdara.com/amenities/market-cafe-vdara.aspx

What do you see there? Notice that on the "west side" of the page is a stylized V, that could very easily be a disguised W. This is obviously a reference to the Westside.

On the opposite side of the page is a delicious toasted sandwich...which you would buy...where else? At a "market place!"

And what's in between them? A cup of coffee that's been zoomed in MUCH too closely. If you look at the image, it's easy to see the rim of the coffee cup as a "wharf" (unless you want to say it's just a coincidence that this picture just HAPPENS to be in between references to Westside and Marketplace). :rolleyes: The wisps of foam on the surface of the coffee look like clear examples of the lights at HW IMO. :)

Oh, and if you needed more proof...If you remove the V (I mean W :lol:) from Vdara, you're left with the word "dara" which was an ancient Persian term for great wealth. And where would a Persian have gained his wealth in ancient times? From the trade along the Silk Road. :)

You'll also notice that the word "dara" is conveniently located adjacent to the coffee wharf.

It's all right there. I rest my case. :cool:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Um, guys...I hate to break up this doom and gloom session, but I think we can safely say it's a given that Silk Road is coming to HW.

Just check out this webpage for the restaurant that replaced Silk Road in Las Vegas: http://www.vdara.com/amenities/market-cafe-vdara.aspx

What do you see there? Notice that on the "west side" of the page is a stylized V, that could very easily be a disguised W. This is obviously a reference to the Westside.

On the opposite side of the page is a delicious toasted sandwich...which you would buy...where else? At a "market place!"

And what's in between them? A cup of coffee that's been zoomed in MUCH too closely. If you look at the image, it's easy to see the rim of the coffee cup as a "wharf" (unless you want to say it's just a coincidence that this picture just HAPPENS to be in between references to Westside and Marketplace). :rolleyes: The wisps of foam on the surface of the coffee look like clear examples of the lights at HW IMO. :)

Oh, and if you needed more proof...If you remove the V (I mean W :lol:) from Vdara, you're left with the word "dara" which was an ancient Persian term for great wealth. And where would a Persian have gained his wealth in ancient times? From the trade along the Silk Road. :)

You'll also notice that the word "dara" is conveniently located adjacent to the coffee wharf.

My god! It all fits!

We are through the looking glass here people. There is no going back now!:lol:

Krack

Well said.

lebeau

It's all clear now!

Also, did you notice the color explosion in that sandwich? That could only mean... fireworks!

Is that a club sandwich? Could it be? The return of the Adventurer's Club?

You heard it hear first, folks. Unless it doesn't happen. Then all bets are off.

jt04

Original Poster
Just keep spinning... Just keep spinning... :rolleyes:

This rumor has ZERO to do with HW, or even DTD as a whole. The rumor is that the Poly is going to be completely shut down for asbestos removal, with OKW and SSR being pushed in its place... And to help entice people to book at these resorts, they might add some nightly pyro to be launched (presumably) from the centrally located body of water between those two resorts and DTD.

Your manipulation is old and tired.

Beyond that, that rumor sounds horribly far-fetched. There's no reason any work on the poly wouldn't be done in stages, allowing it to stay open. That's what they did when they did the CR. The poly makes WAYYYYY too much money for TDO to be willing to shut it down completely for any length of time. Plus the rooms just got renovated. We won't be seeing fireworks at DTD.

EDIT TO ADD: The fact that you made a suggestion the Earth Barge move to the lake by DTD is basically proof to me that you're trolling. That comment was meant to do nothing more than get someone worked up.

I am quite serious about seeing the earth barge move to DTD. It would not have the problems with scale that it currently does. It would fit well. OOf course they would need to add a new and improved earth barge to WS as that is really what is needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom