Hyperion Wharf Begins

NiarrNDisney

It is possible it could be like the Empress Lilly when it opened. It had several dining areas featuring different specialties and price points if I remember correctly. There could also be small live entertainment areas. The artist concept seems to show a small club over the current Harley shop. DTD does not have a higher end restaurant such as the EL used to provide. And because of the buildings location valet parking would be easier to facilitate. I'm sure this is one of the possibilities.

I have always thought the building could house an asian styled street food market with all manner of vendors that you might find in many cities of the far east. Asian style cuisine is almost non-existant at DTD.

I have always thought an aquarium styled restaurant could be perfect for DTD to complete the nautical theming of HW. WDW continually competes with other nearby locations (DAK vs. BGT for example) but they really don't have anything to compete with the coasts specifically. The aquarium restaurant could change that a bit.

I agree DTD needs a more upscale dining option, so if they were to lets say have it in one area and another cheaper option elsewhere inside that space it would be a great addition. Plus in keeping with the Pleasure Island theme of nightspots for adults, if this alleged place decides to have live entertainment and a small lounge to boot I am all in.

DTD and the World lack in Asian fare. Yes we have China & Japan in Epcot, "Polynesian" food at the Poly, and whatever Yak & Yeti is supposed to be at DAK. Outside of the parks there is really only sushi (California grill, Kimonos, Kona,) and a small variety of Asian fare options at some restaurants. So I say bring on some Thai food or Vietnamese food to DTD.

After thinking about the Aquarium restaurant owned by Laundry's and their menu that they have at the one here in Colorado, I'm thinking it might not be a good fit for DTD. For one thing they already have seafood restaurants with Cap n Jacks and Futon's. Also the amount of space they would need just for the aquariums is astronomical so they would probably have to take over even more buildings just for the show.

Captain Chaos

Seed and mulch; nobody is promising they'll actually water it - that funding is for fiscal year 2013.

Ahh ok, seed and mulch... By 2013, there will be a bolder new vision... Can't lay out the details yet, but it involves... Cement... Recently discovered by TDO... So look out for that!!!

NiarrNDisney

Ahh ok, seed and mulch... By 2013, there will be a bolder new vision... Can't lay out the details yet, but it involves... Cement... Recently discovered by TDO... So look out for that!!!

No there will be a boulder or two placed here and there then they will pour cement.
Sorry couldn't resist! :)

flavious27

I saw this too and it made me wonder "Exactly how much space does one restaurant need?" SPI claims that not only would this third party take over Mannequins but it would also occupy 8 Trax and the soon to be empty Harley store. It seems to me that Mannequins alone has a ton of space why would this new restaurant need the other spaces? Whats going in there another Camelot dinner show Yikes! :eek: Whatever it is I'm guessing its huge and probably ridiculously themed too (T-Rex, Rainforest cafe). Maybe its that rumoured bowling alley that was onced mentioned somewhere here on these boards.

Wait, will disney be getting a medieval times?

71jason

This was awesome!

Save PI is reporting today that maybe that amphitheater isn't actually coming anytime soon!

So TDO won't even pay to build an ampitheater for its 3rd party entertainers--but people believe they'll just give away a fireworks show for free every night. (This when the evening entertainment for guests paying $80 a head at DHS often is cut back to 2 nights a week.)

Orange Bird

Well, there is already a McDonald's on property. They should just fill PI with cheap dinner shows, T-shirt shops, and $8 dollar buffets. Then the whole reason for buying all that extra land will be moot.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There is still the almost 30 yo one in Kissimmee, was there another one in orlando?

Perhaps I am mistaken. I know that Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede folded, but I though another of the themed dining shows also folded. I've never been to any of them, but I heard as a rule that they weren't fairing well as a genre. :shrug:

IlikeDW

Perhaps I am mistaken. I know that Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede folded, but I though another of the themed dining shows also folded. I've never been to any of them, but I heard as a rule that they weren't fairing well as a genre. :shrug:

Dolly just closed the one in Myrtle Beach last Dec.but in jun they are reopening it as a Pirate themed dinner show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom