Hyperion Wharf Begins

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is there really such a huge biker contingency at WDW to warrant such a store?

Are they really going to be courting such niche markets?

How about a pick-up truck store? The Volkswagen store? The SUV store...oh the possibilities are mind-boggling...

MoxHair

Peeked around the wall by the boat dock near Paradiso 37 and it's all grass, every last bit of where the clubs once stood is all grass..

Captain Chaos

Peeked around the wall by the boat dock near Paradiso 37 and it's all grass, every last bit of where the clubs once stood is all grass..

Well, isn't that where this supposed ampitheater ws supposed to go??? And hasn't the ampitheater now been cut??? I'm not sure if it is true or not... Other sites have said so... But I dunno...

I'm just renaming this Hyperion Whiff cause so far, that is all it is... A major WHIFF....

flavious27

How about a pick-up truck store? The Volkswagen store? The SUV store...oh the possibilities are mind-boggling...

A V Dub Store? I actually do see that working.

WDWFREAK53

A V Dub Store? I actually do see that working.

Yup...that would REALLY work...as long as they focused on the vintage V-dubs.

I mean...it's a no-brainer to have a Herbie animatronic out front. (No blinking eyelids though!)

Maybe squirting windshield washers...a hood that opens...the car could "shudder" and maybe "burn rubber." (as well as honk the horn).

The problem is that the quality of VW products are going really downhill. If you don't believe so, check out the new Jetta. There is a reason it's as cheap as it is. That's not the "German Engineering" that people know and love.

They also just unveiled the new Microbus concept...so having that on display would be really cool too!

And...they could also do Cruise Days for VW's. It would gain a lot of traffic in the area.

jt04

Original Poster

HD would not be going through the effort and expense to relocate if they did not like the location. So there must be a market.

Well, isn't that where this supposed ampitheater ws supposed to go??? And hasn't the ampitheater now been cut??? I'm not sure if it is true or not... Other sites have said so... But I dunno...

I'm just renaming this Hyperion Whiff cause so far, that is all it is... A major WHIFF....

I guess financial issues mandated a cutback on the mulch.

But they upgraded the Seed for Sod.

Sorry doom and gloomers but I don't think the HD store would be moving if HW was not moving full speed ahead. I keep wondering though if management realized what an amazing piece of land that they have on their hands now that the clubs are gone and they have decided to invest a bit more in the area and some reimagineering is happening.

One thing DCA is proving is that spending money on capital improvements, done in the right way, can create amazing returns.

MoxHair

BTW, I'm not part of the doom and gloom contingency. I was just really disappointed to see them lay down sod instead of working on building stuff.

jt04

Original Poster
BTW, I'm not part of the doom and gloom contingency. I was just really disappointed to see them lay down sod instead of working on building stuff.

Good to hear. I pointed out a couple times in this thread that the seed is likely mandated by environmental regulations because the area is so close to a natural body of water and erosion would be seen as a problem. I think this was confirmed because they have since created a dirt path for vehicles and they installed expensive temporary erosion barriers on each side of the new path. There is no way they were likely to complete a removal project one day and start construction the next. The removal crews had to have time to leave the area and the construction company will need to stage all of their equipment. All in an area still open for business with heavy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. It is also likely that companies like HD requested they be able too complete their move before the heavy construction starts.

I believe some of the doom and gloom people know this very well, but they will do anything to stir the pot and create the illusion of something that isn't. Some bitterness remains over PI's demise.

Hyperion Wharf is on the way. :)

DaGoof00

So TDO won't even pay to build an ampitheater for its 3rd party entertainers--but people believe they'll just give away a fireworks show for free every night. (This when the evening entertainment for guests paying $80 a head at DHS often is cut back to 2 nights a week.)

Truth!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Good to hear. I pointed out a couple times in this thread that the seed is likely mandated by environmental regulations because the area is so close to a natural body of water and erosion would be seen as a problem. I think this was confirmed because they have since created a dirt path for vehicles and they installed expensive temporary erosion barriers on each side of the new path. There is no way they were likely to complete a removal project one day and start construction the next. The removal crews had to have time to leave the area and the construction company will need to stage all of their equipment. All in an area still open for business with heavy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. It is also likely that companies like HD requested they be able too complete their move before the heavy construction starts.

I believe some of the doom and gloom people know this very well, but they will do anything to stir the pot and create the illusion of something that isn't. Some bitterness remains over PI's demise.

Hyperion Wharf is on the way. :)
Do you have a picture of the erosion barriers?

jt04

Original Poster
You think?:D

Fixed that for ya...

I can always count on you Lee. It is like chumming for sharks. :lol:

But on a lighter note, the longer the AC stands the more I think they may be making plans for that building. Maybe not a complete return of the AC but maybe something to preserve the venue. Who knows at this point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom