Hurricane Irma

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
nip3G92.png
Thanks for posting.

invader

That could be bad. Really bad.
This would effect more population centers & runs a MUCH higher risk of not only Biscayne flooding but the Everglades as well. As bad as it would be for S. Florida & parts of Georgia/Carolinas I would much prefer Irma taking an easterly route.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Jose just upgraded to Category 2...and following a track similar to Irma. Those islands that just survived Irma are about to be wacked by Jose.

Okay, who ticked off the weather gods?

Sonic Sunglasses

This. The latest European model run had Irma making landfall in the central Keys/west of Homestead and took it right over Lake Okeechobee and Orlando. Should also note the North American model runs have been a bit more west as well today, scraping Irma's eye wall along the east coast of the state.

In other words, there's still a good chance this storm trends more west and tracks inland up Florida rather than the east coast. The entire peninsula needs to be on alert, including Orlando, Tampa, and the west coast.
They've announced mandatory Zone A evac for Pinellas county effective tomorrow morning. Mobile home and coastal residents in the St. Pete area need to bug out. I hope it's merely a precaution.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They really cant at this point. The forecasters are still saying things are still not clear, and Disney need to be very careful in the decisions they make.

In the past, closures have been announced with very little notice, and on the day of. I wouldn't expect anything until at least Saturday, possibly Sunday.

Expected landfall is now Sunday.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This would effect more population centers & runs a MUCH higher risk of not only Biscayne flooding but the Everglades as well. As bad as it would be for S. Florida & parts of Georgia/Carolinas I would much prefer Irma taking an easterly route.

Don't we all in Tallahassee.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They really cant at this point. The forecasters are still saying things are still not clear, and Disney need to be very careful in the decisions they make.

In the past, closures have been announced with very little notice, and on the day of. I wouldn't expect anything until at least Saturday, possibly Sunday.

Since Irma is expected to make landfall in southern Florida on Sunday morning, I would guess Saturday would be the day when decisions for the resort as a whole will be made for Sunday thru Tuesday, whatever those decisions entail as to being open or closed.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just for anyone who isn't aware, the ECMWF model shown above, is the European Center for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, and is the most well regarded hurricane prediction model currently available. It figures very highly into the NHC advisories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom