How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

sueuk

We've got our downstairs media room/lounge decorated with disney snowglobes, framed lithographs of some of the best animated films, and a large custom framed 'Mickey Salutes America' poster. Really nice touch to the room.

At Christmas, a Disney only tree is errected downstairs and has 95% of our Disney ornaments on it. The family tree has a few Disney Hallmark Collection ornaments.

We're fans, but we keep things low-key when it comes to souveniers. We mostly like framed pictures.
We love buying pictures and cels too, we also have some of the Arribas Brothers crystal miniatures, and Peter Pans Flight from the Disney Starlite collection. We bought a Wyland Starlite sculpture from the Boardwalk because it looks like Nemo! I looked around after seeing this thread and got a surprise at how many Disnified items are in our home! :wave:

Foladar

Anybody go to the two Disney Outlet stores here in Orlando?
They had the Pirates lithograph (11x14 i think) for 99c, was curious if they rotate the lithos for sale or how that worked. Also got the 4-park coin framed thing for 5 bucks, so wasn't bad overall .. now to just get em all on the wall.

radiohost

We now have a fully operational monorail in our living room along the celing. We also have some attraction posters and large models of the Mainstreet station, Sleeping Beauty Castle and the Haunted Mansion.
mymonorail001.jpg

Very unique idea!

angelnikki

Oh man! Those HM pictures are really awesome, I should get those for my room :D
Well, what I have so far, is;
A Princess lamp that includes Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty, with the castle in the back, and I also have several pictures hand-drawn by me around the room :)

I also wanted to take one picture of a major thing from each park in black and white and frame them for my room, for instance,
Magic Kingdom; have the Castle and the Statue of Walt and Mickey Animal Kingdom; the Tree of Life; Epcot the Ball, and hmm for Hollywood Studios I'm not sure?
xstar

radiohost

Oh man! Those HM pictures are really awesome, I should get those for my room :D
Well, what I have so far, is;
A Princess lamp that includes Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty, with the castle in the back, and I also have several pictures hand-drawn by me around the room :)

I also wanted to take one picture of a major thing from each park in black and white and frame them for my room, for instance,
Magic Kingdom; have the Castle and the Statue of Walt and Mickey Animal Kingdom; the Tree of Life; Epcot the Ball, and hmm for Hollywood Studios I'm not sure?
xstar

Welcome to wdwmagic.com!!!!!!!

Radiohost:cool:

princess_dboo

Holy Mouse!

WOW! I am astonished. And I thought I had a lot of Disney stuff. Looks like I have some catching up to do! HAHA.

I have an entire Disney kitchen and bathroom set and a vintage Mickey phone as well as some stuffed animals and office stuff...but dang...WOW!!!!

I want my whole house to be Disney one day as well...

Good going guys. It is comforting to know I'm not the only one who adores all things Disney!!! :D

Foladar

WOW! I am astonished. And I thought I had a lot of Disney stuff. Looks like I have some catching up to do! HAHA.

I have an entire Disney kitchen and bathroom set and a vintage Mickey phone as well as some stuffed animals and office stuff...but dang...WOW!!!!

I want my whole house to be Disney one day as well...

Good going guys. It is comforting to know I'm not the only one who adores all things Disney!!! :D
Do you have photos of your kitchen and bathroom? I'm trying to do that with ours right now too!

princess_dboo

Do you have photos of your kitchen and bathroom? I'm trying to do that with ours right now too!

Actually, I still live at home with my dad, so all of my kitchen and bathroom things are in boxes still. I have been saving up all this stuff so that when I do get a house of my own I'll be able to move in and Disney-fi it.

:)

I wish I did have pix. I do have a duvet that I got from Disneyshopping.com. I'll have to take a pic of it to show you.

Foladar

Actually, I still live at home with my dad, so all of my kitchen and bathroom things are in boxes still. I have been saving up all this stuff so that when I do get a house of my own I'll be able to move in and Disney-fi it.

:)

I wish I did have pix. I do have a duvet that I got from Disneyshopping.com. I'll have to take a pic of it to show you.
I would just take over the kitchen, lol!
Which ones did you buy? I was considering getting a basic kitchen set, with the towels and such, but I haven't been to downtown disney yet .. and the outlet stores didn't have anything except Peter Pan. We were thinking of going Minnie in the kitchen and Mickey in the bathroom to give them equal time, but I figured Mickey might be easier to get ahold of.

Foladar

Need more ideas! We're thinking of printing some of our vacation photos in 11x14 form, picking up those two packs of 11x14 frames at Michaels, and putting them up on the wall too. Of course, those collage photo frames probably look better, but atleast you can see the 11x14s better. I'm just afraid of them falling off the wall.

Foladar

Those look awesome, maybe sometime I'll pick those up.
I saw two nice posters at the Art of Disney, one was a foil-like, but it was sized 14 by 34, ugh. Anybody know a good crafts store that has frames something like 16 by 40? Custom frames run 200+ at Michaels, and that was with 50% off.

EpcotServo

Our house is more than Disney-fied, stretching portraits on the wall and all.
:lol: :wave:

As for my room in particular, one of my key treasures is my custom-framed print of John Hench's WDI 50th Painting.
:D

EPCOT Explorer

Our house is more than Disney-fied, stretching portraits on the wall and all.
:lol: :wave:

As for my room in particular, one of my key treasures is my custom-framed print of John Hench's WDI 50th Painting.
:D

Pic or it's not there.:lookaroun:lol:

And you have promised them for a while!:lol::fork:

birdie4015

OK, so I've shown earlier how I decorated my office. Now, this is my home.

While I do have Disney stuff scattered all over the place, most of them are concentrated in the entrance hallway and the sitting area. So it's not as if they occupy every single inch of the place. More like confined to a certain area, and then the rest of the place only have "hints" of Disney. :)

The first 2 pictures show the hallway between the entrance and the kitchen area. I've decided to use one whole wall just for the display of my pin collection. It is not done yet (we have WAY too many pins to even fit on this one wall), so that's why you can still see empty, white walls.

IMG_9553.jpg

Most of the Disney stuff are in the entrance hallway, either on the large bookcase shelf, or on the walls around the shelf. This is where I display many of my collection. Since I have way more than I could fit onto these shelves, I tend to rotate the display items periodically, so that some of them go back into the storage bins while others come out for "air" for a while. It also keeps my guests interested, because many of them go to these shelves first whenever they walk in to see what's "new" being displayed.

What are these frames that you use? I have shadow boxes for mine, but these look easier and more room to hang them up.

blappin

with our son 3 months away from being born i finally got the nursery finished. The pictures below are before and after. The color that we choose was from Home Depot and was Mickey Sailor (3A-60) on the top and Cinderellas Ball Gown (3c-40) on the bottom. I will post more pictures when we get all of the pictures hung and the furniture in.

DSC_0015%20%282%29.JPG

DSC_4105.JPG

DSC_4109.JPG

CBug88

We have a disney-esque room with animation cells and art that we have collected from the parks and cruise ships but, the real disnification comes arround christmas time. We do a disney themed tree with a monorail running arround it.

Same here! Christmas would not be complete without our Disney Tree and monorail! I also have various stuffed animals that I have collected over the years during my visits as well as some T-Shirts, hoodies, etc.

I have also Disney-fied myself by getting the retro Journey into Imagination symbol tattooed on my left wrist:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom