How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
I was in my bedroom this morning and thought, wonder if anyone else does this to their home? :lol: I'm sure you guys are out there. Anyone care to share? :wave:

HM stretching room portraits.
bedroom1.JPG

Star Wars Weekend (signed by Chewie!) and three hand drawn pictures of Pooh. There's also a picture of me and Pooh on top of the TV.
bedroom2.JPG

More HM portraits.
bedroom3.JPG

cb3k

For the last 3 years of college I lived in the Sigma Chi Fraternity house..., last year my roommate and I decided to redo all the walls, paint, and make the room super nice...I picked the color and chose "Pluto" disney paint (it actually looked real good with white trim)...While we were painting we incorporated 9 hidden mickeys into the room through paint schemes, coins pasted down on desk to form one, and 2 really cool lighting effects that made perfect mickeys...We also transformed one of the electrical sockets into one...

ThinkTink721

I have a framed WDW lithograph from 2006 hanging in my dining room, along w/ a picture of Mickey & Minnie riding Dumbo.
I have silver tin shaped like Mickey on my baker's rack. We got it in a gift that we purchased our kids on our trip last summer.
I have a photo of Cinderella Castle on my night stand.
My children have framed pictures of the sorcerer's hat at MGM, Cinderella Castle, & Cinderella's Carousel in their rooms.
We have set of WDW shot glasses that we purchased last summer w/ the 4 parks on them.
I have a photo of all of us in front of Cinderella Castle in our living room.
I also have a Disney Princess calendar on my desk.
:D :wave:

Tink's Favorite

Ah yes...of course, I am a huge Tinkerbell fan, so I have a few Tinkerbell items that have struck my fancy.

I first bought a framed poster of Fiesty Tink and a statue (about 2 feet high with the base) at the main store at the Contemporary when I stayed there a couple years ago. The Tink poster is the crossed arms, pouty Tinkerbell that is a pretty popular pose for her. The statue is the classic scene of her on the mirror from Peter Pan. It looks more like a ballerina pose and it comes with a music box that winds up to play You Can Fly.

Having gotten my first taste of Disney women, the next year I bought 3 framed posters and one framed lithograph of the Tinkerbell in the four seasons. They are great pictures of Tinkerbell in seasonal surroundings.

This year, I saw three more expensive items that I had to have. I was at the Art of Disney at the Marketplace when I saw Jessica Rabbit, Tinkerbell, and Ariel (3 different portraits) arrayed on a wall. I had to buy them, and now they are home with me. The Jessica has her standing in a sexy pose and she signed it, "Love Jessica", and has her lip print as if she kissed it. I'm in love.

I am trying to order a different Jessica Rabbit and a different Tinkerbell portrait, but I cannot get the people to call me back!

Anyway, I am hooked on the ladies of Disney. I will see if I can post some pics.

ThinkTink721

For the last 3 years of college I lived in the Sigma Chi Fraternity house..., last year my roommate and I decided to redo all the walls, paint, and make the room super nice...I picked the color and chose "Pluto" disney paint (it actually looked real good with white trim)...While we were painting we incorporated 9 hidden mickeys into the room through paint schemes, coins pasted down on desk to form one, and 2 really cool lighting effects that made perfect mickeys...We also transformed one of the electrical sockets into one...
I bet that took alot of time! :D

lilmizpixie3

I wish I had picture of it on the computer, but one day when i was younger I went to school and when I came home my bathroom had been converted into a mickey realm. My brother and I just stood there like...ohh..noo...because he had sponged on mickey heads on the wall and they were yellow and red. Oh god it was horrible, we redid it later thank god.

westie

We have a disney-esque room with animation cells and art that we have collected from the parks and cruise ships but, the real disnification comes arround christmas time. We do a disney themed tree with a monorail running arround it.

cb3k

I bet that took alot of time! :D
It actually wasnt too bad at all...Made the tedious task of painting go by a lot faster, and to be honest...One of the "lighting effects hidden mickey" accidentally happened when we re-arranged stuff...Haha, good times.

Tiggerfanatic

We built a new house four years ago, and I'm in the process of doing the spare bedroom in a MM theme. There are about 8 different throw pillows on the bed, and huge stuffed Mickey & Minnie sitting together in a chair, MM border around the ceiling, posters, picture frames with trip photos, a Mickey wall clock, and a pair of the the big yellow Micket slippers on the floor beside the bed. Even my light switch and outlet covers have Mickey on them. We also do a totally Disney Christmas tree every year for the family room.. I've been collecting Disney ornaments for the 28 years DH and I have been married - a couple more years and we're gonna have to get a bigger tree!!:xmas:

DisneyGigi

I have Disney things throughout our house here and there, starting with the Mickey door knocker on the front door. My laundry room is done in a Mickey motif and I have pictures here and there in the house.
My fave thing is my Disney tree that we do for Christmas. We decorate it in nothing but Disney, complete with a Mickey topper, and a Pooh Santa on one side, Skating Tigger on the other. We started doing after our first trip and keep adding to it every year. I don't have a pic on this computer but I will look through my discs.
Great thread:D

Sadiebird

I made a Mickey themed play area for my son. It has the Black mirror with the mouse ear cutouts and the matching bench with the mouse ear cutouts and the three baskets that we store toys in. There's also a wooden bench with Mickey painted on it. They had a big sale at the online Disney store and we couldn't help ourselves. Then my father-in-law made a wooden toy box and put mouse ear cutouts in it to match the rest of the furniture.

We also have the Mickey mantle clock on top of our entertainment cabinet. Plus my son's entire room is decorated with Mickey prints on the walls, a basket of Mickey stuffed animals, and a Mickey bank on his dresser.

Aside from family photos around the house featuring us at WDW and tons of Disney mugs and cups in our kitchen, I think that's it.

DisnFanatic10

small I know but in my house I have a travel wall that has a mask from Africa, and a picture of Donald Duck with a Philar Magic theme and pin in the frame (recieved this for staying at Riverside in 03) than this year I picked up an artistic Picture of POFQ's pool in the shop near the lobby, because that is where I always stay. Most people don't notice them as they are very subtle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom