How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

Paul1084

Hey everyone! After a bit of an absence on the wdwmagic forums, I'm back! This is my absolute favorite thread on any forum that I've been on (yes, on the entire net, lol). I have since added more to my room and will take some pictures and post them up later tonight. We're planning on going back to Disney in August where I plan on buying some more stuff to decorate my room with (the only problem now is that I have minimal wall space! But stay tuned because I'll have more pics up hopefully by tonight! (and if you want to see the older pics of my room, look around pages 15 or so)

Laura

Premium Member
I've had to UN-Disney-fy my house quite a bit because we have it for sale, but I'll post some updated pictures (basically of the same stuff - just cleaned up a bit) to prove that you can still have just enough Disney around the house to give you happy feelings without it being "in your face". Most people don't even notice my collection because it just blends in with the decor.

I mostly just collect Mickey Mouse and don't get into anything else. Unfortunately, the Disney Store (online) rarely has any decent Mickey stuff anymore like they did years ago so it's been hard to find new things. But here's what I got...

Mickey welcome mat
555357898_ZXtC2-M.jpg

Door knocker
555358519_eNWms-M.jpg

Picture of my daughter
555359960_Zw2oS-M.jpg

Mickey Mirror - and you can see my Mickey coat rack in the reflection
555350229_uZDuR-M.jpg

Random Mickey frame
555350501_qipyB-M.jpg

Mickey frames and a Mickey
555350723_LvZB6-M.jpg

Mickey stuff on the wall
555350968_abwgg-M.jpg

More Mickey frames and a Mickey (talking) lamp
555351236_Mbg93-M.jpg

A couple Disney shelves, and I just noticed you can see my Mickey coasters in the basket.
555351503_kpYyK-M.jpg

Laura

Premium Member
(continued)

Random Mickey
555351744_tp3fw-M.jpg

Another Random Mickey
555351987_Yya99-M.jpg

Mickey key rack
555360843_rm6Jc-M.jpg

Typical kitchen stuff everyone has
555359302_jexaX-M.jpg

And some Disney explosion that made its way to the garage
555352677_bWDKP-M.jpg

Other than some framed Disney cruise pictures around the house that I didn't take pics of, that's about it!

luvlifeinfl

I am like everyone else, I have Disney litter through our house, but the room with the most is my 9 yr old daughter, I did her room in Princess theme ( of course) I purchased the Disney color paint from HD. I framed posters to make it look a little more together. I did this like 6 yrs ago so now she is asking it to be turned into a HSM theme and I think ok in 3 yrs you will out grow that.

I have more Disney stuff in my office at work also.

Oh yeah my 2 dogs even have their Disney theme food/water bowls, the pooches got to be Disney dogs.

Also our x-mas tree is done all disney. Every yr when we go I have to go to DTD to the x-mas to get my disney ornaments.

Paul1084

As promised, here are updated pictures of my room!

Door to my room with my mickey wreath that I got last christmas and the timeline of Donald Duck poster.
2vl728l.jpg

Some random pictures, pictures of when I was a kid, and a wall-e picture that my little sister drew for me :)
2kgei8.jpg

My closet door
16ja0w.jpg

Behind my closet door is a hook for my pin bag!
35i0pd0.jpg

Limited Edition Oswald Plush from the Disney Store
2u5807r.jpg

My TV and all of the other hanging disney pictures. (sisters were watching hannah montana while I was taking the pictures)
sdzg3t.jpg

2007 Nightmare before christmas litho + some words of wisdom (and yes, I know that one of the pictures is crooked. Poor planning on my part.)
29f712o.jpg

Paul1084

Some pictures taken by me and some posters off ebay.
pc37b.jpg

The rest. The picture that I drew of Cinderella Castle is in the corner, some new art from World of Disney in NYC
jruvba.jpg

overall view:
288ywir.jpg

behind my door. these were taken from a 2008 calendar that I bought:
2ujo1mf.jpg

this picture didn't fit so he's a loner :(
2dhbepi.jpg

lamp and my famous sorcerer's hat next to my bed:
3355to6.jpg

first shelf of globes/books/trinkets
2ep4idj.jpg

first shelf continued
30majxu.jpg

Paul1084

second and third shelf:
2zgdr2r.jpg

second and third shelf continued:
3162i6r.jpg

and my newest addition... my Sorcerer Mickey statue from Art of Disney. He sits on my desk, staring me down every moment that I'm at my desk :p (Part of my Graduation present. Other part was a D23 membership :))
16h5ctl.jpg

And that's it!

Hope you enjoy my room!

djpault

:wave:
I was in my bedroom this morning and thought, wonder if anyone else does this to their home? :lol: I'm sure you guys are out there. Anyone care to share? :wave:

HM stretching room portraits.
bedroom1.JPG

Star Wars Weekend (signed by Chewie!) and three hand drawn pictures of Pooh. There's also a picture of me and Pooh on top of the TV.
bedroom2.JPG

More HM portraits.
bedroom3.JPG

Disneyfan2000

ok so im not even close to done yet. i still need to get my LGB train set on the ceiling. And im still not done painting or putting the rest of my disney collection up on display. but heres a majority of it!

GetAttachment-2.jpg

chj.jpg

frty.jpg

sdft.jpg

wetr.jpg

Oh and this is my spare tire on the back of my jeep.
ghy.jpg

princess_dboo

I would just take over the kitchen, lol!
Which ones did you buy? I was considering getting a basic kitchen set, with the towels and such, but I haven't been to downtown disney yet .. and the outlet stores didn't have anything except Peter Pan. We were thinking of going Minnie in the kitchen and Mickey in the bathroom to give them equal time, but I figured Mickey might be easier to get ahold of.

Hey sorry I haven't been on this thread in forever!

I got the light blue sets from MK where Mickey is wearing the chefs hat, and I've gotten some things from Disneyshopping. Most of the expensive stuff I found on amazon.com. I have a Mickey toaster, and a tea kettle.

It probably would be easier to find Mickey things than Minnie for the kitchen, although I know at DTD they do have a large selection of Minnie glasses and such.

TxNewsies

Half of my classroom is Disney themed. Tons of stuffed animals, Mickey storage boxes, posters and such. It's a work in progress that grows each year.

MeTa

Well, I posted one of these rooms before. But my kid has now turned two and its time for his upgrade due to a new brother coming his way.

Here is the first room I posted again, followed by his new room.
IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

And the new room, still needs a few accessories but its getting there:
IMG_3698.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

Paul1084

I HAVE THAT BARBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL IN THE BOX AND EVERYTHING:D

I also have a Jasmine one lol but i took her out of the box

haha thats so cool!

We were at a garage sale and I asked the guy how much he wanted and he gave it to me for $5. Still brand new in the box and all. So I figured I'd get it... even though I'm a guy and all, it's a Disney collectible! haha!

Paul1084

I figured that I would add an overall view of my shelves since I only took pictures of pieces in the above post. So here is a shot of all 3 shelves:

m1rt0.jpg

Another thing to add. I showed a few pictures (that I posted on here) to one of my high school friends and her response was "wow, you're gay". I found that slightly entertaining. I mean, yea, I'm an 18 year old male. But if its something I like, why can't I decorate my room with it? But apparently, in here eyes, the fact that it's disney automatically makes me "gay". Not that I really care what she thinks, but I thought I'd share that with everyone here.

Senderella

LOVE this thread

I skimmed through the entire thread to see if this had already been posted. Shaw Flooring now has Disney carpeting. Right now they've only got Pooh, Princesses, Fairies, Cars, Toy Story & Hannah Montana. I emailed them to see if they'd be adding any others..like Mickey. They emailed me back the same day and said they were new for 2009 and if they're a success, they'll be adding new characters. http://shawfloors.com/disney/index.aspx

Pippa

I have random Adventurers Club stuuf around the house.....

Moose head in the bedroom (cousin of yakoose)
Replica of bessie the heffer in the lounge
Lots of ornaments that look like they are from the four corners of the earth, when we have a larger house we are converting one room into a bar. What we like to think of as the Adventurers Club UK!

DisneyGigi

We are finally getting the new house together. Got the Playroom painted and almost done. I love it because it is just fun all the way around and I added a few Disney touches here and there.

On the pool table side I have a bunch of little Disney things in the window that the kids have bought or won for me over the years as well as my Disney lunchbox I found at the flea market for 5 bucks!

102_5097.jpg

102_5103.jpg

102_5106.jpg

102_5101.jpg

102_5107.jpg

See even Elmo loves Walt Disney World!!

102_5108.jpg

And a few of my maps that I have collected over the years..
102_5111.jpg

We still have a way to go and I have added a few subtle Disney touches upstairs too.

MeTa

LOVE this thread

I skimmed through the entire thread to see if this had already been posted. Shaw Flooring now has Disney carpeting. Right now they've only got Pooh, Princesses, Fairies, Cars, Toy Story & Hannah Montana. I emailed them to see if they'd be adding any others..like Mickey. They emailed me back the same day and said they were new for 2009 and if they're a success, they'll be adding new characters. http://shawfloors.com/disney/index.aspx

Thanks for this, I am getting one of the cars rugs when they are available. it will go perfect in my kids room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom