How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

Main Street USA

Brilliant!

I found that same Disney Classics sign at a rummage sale for $12 and I didn't buy it. I'm still kicking myself for it.

Where did you find yours?
Actually, I got lucky, my ex's aunt's husband had it stashed away in his basement. He was doing some cleaning, and he knew I loved WDW, so.......it became mine. You know what they say about "one man's trash." ;)

ZapperZ

So what about Disneyfing one's office at work? :)

I get to do that mainly because I have my own office. So it has been called the Happiest Office on Earth by a few of my co-workers here. Since I spend most of my waking hours here, I thought I should make my office to be as happy and cheerful as I can. So you'll see plenty of Disney stuff since those make me happy.

Desk facing the window where I have my phone and few scrap papers and other junk.
IMG_6134.jpg

This is my work desk where I have my computer. Someone once told me that I could probably use the Mickey ears on the hat as a microwave relay. I probably could! :)
IMG_6135.jpg

This is my bookshelf that faces my work desk. I love sitting here and watching all of those stuff in front of me.
IMG_6137.jpg

I also have a blackboard in my office. So I used it to draw a giant Mickey head! We try to do our work and equations around the head (none of my co-workers appear to want to write over it or erase it!) :) Notice also the row of posters of Disney stamps at the top of the blackboard.
IMG_6138.jpg

I brought a small lounge chair just so Mickey can have his afternoon nap while I'm busy with work.
IMG_6140.jpg

A few more stuff toys, and one of the Pirates posters that I recently got.
IMG_6141.jpg

So that's my office. :)

Zz.

jeffb

Wow - that is some set up you have. Very nice!

So what about Disneyfing one's office at work? :)

I get to do that mainly because I have my own office. So it has been called the Happiest Office on Earth by a few of my co-workers here. Since I spend most of my waking hours here, I thought I should make my office to be as happy and cheerful as I can. So you'll see plenty of Disney stuff since those make me happy........

So that's my office. :)

Zz.

K-BAR

I carved some things by hand and the big stuff i cut with a router. I wish i could post pics I have much better pictures and Im doing another one right now for my seconed daugter that is all peter pan.

Jesùs_Carioca

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever posted this picture here before.

I took it a month or so ago, when I wanted to show my girlfriend how the dorm life up here in Tallahassee was like:

DSC02582.jpg

That's the little nook/top bunk bed. It's not much, but it's college for you. subtle...to say the least ;).

shmmrname

This thread is just perfect. I haven't spent more than a couple minutes reading around WDWMagic for a while, probably because there's still no WDW vacation in sight, but this thread really perked me up. Thanks everyone for the contributions. We moved into our new house two weeks ago, and we are carefully scouring the world for some great WDW stuff to fill our home with.

Jesùs_Carioca

Oh, you've won the YOMD Mickey Ears hat!!!

:)

Zz.

Hahaha, ooohhhh you're good.

As did my girlfriend that day. Man I love those ears... as I do my gi-...

This thread is just perfect. I haven't spent more than a couple minutes reading around WDWMagic for a while, probably because there's still no WDW vacation in sight, but this thread really perked me up. Thanks everyone for the contributions. We moved into our new house two weeks ago, and we are carefully scouring the world for some great WDW stuff to fill our home with.

Trust me... this thread inspires me too.

'cept I think i'll be quite a bit far away until i finally get the chance to decorate like some of these places.

Jekyll_Baker

Every room of my house as at least a little something Disney in it (except my laundry room).

Here's my master bathroom (the most "Disney'd" room so far - mostly Mickey themed)

PA250355.jpg

PA250358.jpg

PA250360.jpg

PA250356.jpg

PA250357.jpg

And one shot of my master bedroom, a work in progress, with mostly Goofy and WL. I have a couple other Goofy prints unframed so far, and a Goofy phone just out of camera shot.
PA250362.jpg

My office has a lot of stuff also, like Disney and Pixar framed stocks, a Festival of the Masters signed print, all the McD's 50th Anniversary figures, a few pairs of mouse ears, Disney Coke bottles, and other stuff - BUT it's way too messy right now to offer photographic evidence.

The guest bathroom has a David Doss print. Living room has all my Disney DVDs, a HM mirror, a PotC figurine. And my kitchen has all my resort mugs and dated WDW glasses displayed, as well as a Chef Mickey and Swedish Chef, and a couple of cake pans (Mickey and Goofy).. And several other things in boxes waiting for curio cabinet(s).

Uponastar

Thanks for sharing your pics, She! :kiss:
For anyone who's interested. . .
I've been wanting this doorknocker for quite some time, but the cost has been a bit steep. It is currently on sale at disneyshopping.com for $9.99! (closer to $20 once you factor in taxes and shipping, but still a bargain!) I ordered it yesterday! :D

ZapperZ

OK, so I've shown earlier how I decorated my office. Now, this is my home.

While I do have Disney stuff scattered all over the place, most of them are concentrated in the entrance hallway and the sitting area. So it's not as if they occupy every single inch of the place. More like confined to a certain area, and then the rest of the place only have "hints" of Disney. :)

The first 2 pictures show the hallway between the entrance and the kitchen area. I've decided to use one whole wall just for the display of my pin collection. It is not done yet (we have WAY too many pins to even fit on this one wall), so that's why you can still see empty, white walls.
IMG_9553.jpg

Most of the Disney stuff are in the entrance hallway, either on the large bookcase shelf, or on the walls around the shelf. This is where I display many of my collection. Since I have way more than I could fit onto these shelves, I tend to rotate the display items periodically, so that some of them go back into the storage bins while others come out for "air" for a while. It also keeps my guests interested, because many of them go to these shelves first whenever they walk in to see what's "new" being displayed.
IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

If you look carefully, in a couple of the pictures, there's a framed picture of Walt Disney. If you look even closer (pictures do not show it rather clearly here), you'll notice that it says "To Wayne, Best Wishes, Walt Disney". This is an authentic signature of Walt, and none of us here has the name of "Wayne" :).

I got this because a friend's brother passed away (the deceased is Wayne). It seems that his dad used to know Walt way back when, and one day his dad somehow got Walt to sign 2 pictures for his sons. So he got one, and Wayne got one. When Wayne passed away, the friend thought that we might want to keep the picture since we are such Disney fanatics (how'd he guessed? :)). So we got Wayne's autographed picture while the friend is still keeping his. I've been trying to get the friend to write this event down, so that we can keep it with the picture. He hasn't gotten around to it yet.

So, that's a little glimpse of some of the Disney stuff I have around the house. It certainly is a Disney-fied home. :)

Zz.

DisneyGigi

Thanks for sharing your pics, She! :kiss:
For anyone who's interested. . .
I've been wanting this doorknocker for quite some time, but the cost has been a bit steep. It is currently on sale at disneyshopping.com for $9.99! (closer to $20 once you factor in taxes and shipping, but still a bargain!) I ordered it yesterday! :D

Wow, that's a good deal, I think I paid $24.99 for mine but I am not sure. I have found some really good deals at Disneyshopping. I got my ironing board hanger really cheap from there. Now I am waiting not so patiently for the storybook ornaments to go on sale ... :rolleyes:
Just thought I might mention too that I saw today in Blockbuster on sale Huge really cool art type posters on sale the largest ones were marked down to $15.00 and they had a Princess one that was really nice and had smaller 16 x 20 maybe... for $7.99.

DisneyGigi

OK, so I've shown earlier how I decorated my office. Now, this is my home.

While I do have Disney stuff scattered all over the place, most of them are concentrated in the entrance hallway and the sitting area. So it's not as if they occupy every single inch of the place. More like confined to a certain area, and then the rest of the place only have "hints" of Disney.

The first 2 pictures show the hallway between the entrance and the kitchen area. I've decided to use one whole wall just for the display of my pin collection. It is not done yet (we have WAY too many pins to even fit on this one wall), so that's why you can still see empty, white walls.
IMG_9553.jpg

Most of the Disney stuff are in the entrance hallway, either on the large bookcase shelf, or on the walls around the shelf. This is where I display many of my collection. Since I have way more than I could fit onto these shelves, I tend to rotate the display items periodically, so that some of them go back into the storage bins while others come out for "air" for a while. It also keeps my guests interested, because many of them go to these shelves first whenever they walk in to see what's "new" being displayed.
IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

If you look carefully, in a couple of the pictures, there's a framed picture of Walt Disney. If you look even closer (pictures do not show it rather clearly here), you'll notice that it says "To Wayne, Best Wishes, Walt Disney". This is an authentic signature of Walt, and none of us here has the name of "Wayne" :).

I got this because a friend's brother passed away (the deceased is Wayne). It seems that his dad used to know Walt way back when, and one day his dad somehow got Walt to sign 2 pictures for his sons. So he got one, and Wayne got one. When Wayne passed away, the friend thought that we might want to keep the picture since we are such Disney fanatics (how'd he guessed? :)). So we got Wayne's autographed picture while the friend is still keeping his. I've been trying to get the friend to write this event down, so that we can keep it with the picture. He hasn't gotten around to it yet.

So, that's a little glimpse of some of the Disney stuff I have around the house. It certainly is a Disney-fied home. :)

Zz.

Love.... Love ... Love it!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom