How far is the airport you usually fly out of from your home?

How far is the airport you usually fly out of?

• Less than 30 mins (Lucky you!)

Votes: 106 53.5%
  • 30-60 mins

Votes: 53 26.8%
  • 60-90 mins

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • 2-3 hrs

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • 4 or more hrs away

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

trr1

We live in Chester County PA about 32 miles from the city of brotherly love(Philadelphia) with the traffic it take 45 min to an hour

MasonDuo

We are about 15 minutes from Milwaukee Mitchell airport. Great airport with reasonable airlines and Southwest is coming in November so even more options.

coltow

I'm about 7 miles north of Boston, with the traffic lights it takes about 20 mns. In fact we live so close that (depending on the runways in use) we can usually see a plane taking off or landing every 5-7 mns.

mickey7879

Original Poster
Are you anywhere near Rockland? We are going up there for about a week next summer. Get to fly to there on Cape Air once we land in Boston. Any experience with them?

No we're not. Go north a few more hours and you'll get to us. We're the last exit before you get to Canada on I-95! Never flown on that airline, but it would probably be cheaper if you flew into Portland or Bangor and drove to Rockland. :shrug:

mickey7879

Original Poster
It's about a 5 to 7 minute drive, 4 stop lights away!

Makes my life easier since I have to travel a lot for my job.

It's probably a really good thing we live so far from the airport we usually travel out of (4 hrs!). If not, we're quite spontaneous and if we heard of a great deal on a flight, we'd be gone! (and broke!)

You never knew where you'd find us this summer. Dh was out on medical leave, so we'd wake up and decide to go to Bar Harbor for a few days or Portland. MIL would call and would never know where she'd find us!

adrianuk91

We have a 3 hour drive down to Gatwick Airport as thats where virgin fly out of and then a 9 flight, so it takes us around 12 hours to get to Orlando.

Disney05

I fly out of LI MacArthur. It's about 20-25 minutes from home. I also work at the airport so I don't pay for parking either. :)

WDW Vacationer

We live about 25 mins away from one with EXTREMELY limited flights.

We usually travel to Boston,but this time to Connecticut to TF Green.Between 2 and 3 to get to either one!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
For us it kind of depends on where we can get the best deal.

There's Manchester-Boston Regional Airport which is about a 30 minute ride from our house.

Or, there's Logan in Boston, that's about and hour drive in good conditions and no traffic.
You must be my neighbor, those are the same times for us, although we tend to fly from manchester since we could go direct flight with southwest. ABout a 30 minute drive at 4am with no traffic!

OneLuckyMom

Depends...

I'm about 15 minutes from Sacramento

About an hour, maybe a bit more to Oakland

About 2 hours (assuming traffic isn't bad) to San Francisco - in bad traffic it can be 3+

About 2-1/2 hours to San Jose

I go out of whatever airport is cheapest, once you take into account the cost of gas and the different parking prices. The most common ones I tend to fly out of are Sacramento and San Francisco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom