How far is the airport you usually fly out of from your home?

How far is the airport you usually fly out of?

• Less than 30 mins (Lucky you!)

Votes: 106 53.5%
  • 30-60 mins

Votes: 53 26.8%
  • 60-90 mins

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • 2-3 hrs

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • 4 or more hrs away

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Dubman

Little less than 3 miles from Albany Airport... Convenient, but real hard to find any kind of deals lately. Doesn't help when your DW is a teacher, you are kind of limited to when you can go, and it's obviously always during a school break..

LowesChevy

We live in Erie, PA and opt to fly out of Cleveland, OH. Its only about 1:45 minutes away. We stay at the airport hotel the night before if it is an early flight.

The Erie airport is about 5 minutes from my house, but we prefer the direct flight route. It cuts down on loosing luggage and delays, which really can kill your vacation.

fbp

A Short Bus Ride

We take OC Transpo, the Ottawa bus system. A 20 minute ride from my house. It's sweet!

We always fly out at 6:00 am so we have more than half a day at WDW on our first day. I usually don't sleep the night before, so the earliness doesn't bother me.

SAV

I am very close to the Wisconsin Border in Illinois. About 45-50 minutes Northwest of O'Hare airport(pending traffic) and about 60 - 75 minutes Southwest of Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee. Mitchell is generally cheaper Airfare and the parking is at least 1/3 of the price at O'Hare. Needless to say, we fly out of Mitchell.

Phonedave

I have a choice of three airports

Newark-Liberty is about 20 minutes (my first choice)
JFK is about 30 minutes
LGA is about 40 minutes

I like options.

Of course I could go big bucks and charter a private jet out of Teterboro and only have a 10-15 minute drive.

-dave

Ghall

We live about 15 minutes away from Dublin Airport, not too far to the airport. Its the 9 hour flight to Orlando that's the problem!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We live about 15 minutes away from Dublin Airport, not too far to the airport. Its the 9 hour flight to Orlando that's the problem!

Have they finished that mess of construction at Dublin Airport?

I couldn't get over disembarking last year by stairs down to the tarmac, and then in the door of the terminal! I haven't had to do that since I was a child! Lovely to step out the door of the plane and get kissed by the lovely soft air of an Irish morning (haha, smacked in the kisser is more like it!!)

Sorry for the off-topic post. :eek:

Ghall

Have they finished that mess of construction at Dublin Airport?

I couldn't get over disembarking last year by stairs down to the tarmac, and then in the door of the terminal! I haven't had to do that since I was a child! Lovely to step out the door of the plane and get kissed by the lovely soft air of an Irish morning (haha, smacked in the kisser is more like it!!)

Sorry for the off-topic post. :eek:

No, Terminal 2 at Dublin airport is not finished yet. Should be really good when it is finished, suppose to be open to the general public in April 2010 so looking forward to seeing it finished.

I prefer to step off the plane and be hit the Florida sun! Everytime we get off the plane at Dublin airport we are hit by the Irish rain!

Hope your enjoyed your trip to Ireland.

lisak09

Snap! We also live close to Dublin Airport, about a 15 - 20 minute drive. I know what you mean about the flight although its worth it:)

Ghall

Snap! We also live close to Dublin Airport, about a 15 - 20 minute drive. I know what you mean about the flight although its worth it:)

Great to see another Dub here. You must not live too far away from me. We live in Dublin 15, are you near by?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Where are your family from in Ireland?

Louth, Roscommon, and Galway.

The mother is from Knockbridge, just outside Dundalk, where most of her bros/sis remained, except for the one who settled in Collon, just outside of Drogheda. Dad's side is in Roscommon in Elphin, except for the sister who lives in Galway, just outside Galway City in Roscam.

My parents were each the only ones to emigrate, so it's a bit lonely over here, family-wise. I comfort myself with trips to WDW as often as I can! :ROFLOL:

Hoping the fares will come down towards the end of the year, might go over at Christmastime. The price of a ticket now and thru the summer is crazy, $800! Is it as expensive for you in comparison to fly over here in the summer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom