How California theme parks will enforce out-of-state visitors ban - OCR/SCNG

mickEblu

Correct. With that said, we will run out of willing adults to vaccinate at the current pace by mid-June (and we are expecting the pace to accelerate, pushing that up toward Memorial Day). I can’t imagine restrictions lasting much beyond that.

So when do you think the mask requirements go away? I could see Disney require them until the end of 2021 regardless of the State requirement.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Hmmm if that’s the case maybe I downgrade my on site two night staycation trip to one night and a stay at the Marriott down the street until then
Depends how much of a dealbreaker it is for you. For what it’s worth I don’t see face masks being phased out until early 2022 at best even with the vaccine due to the seasonal nature of the virus and until resistance to the variants is properly studied.

Because these vaccines were approved under an EUA by FDA (for emergency use) and with the nature of the virus still so unknown I would assume the CDC will use maximum caution on relaxing face mask policies.

Particularly given the amount of time it will take to “desired reach herd immunity” for the population once supply outpaces demand and vaccine/science hesitancy is a concern.

mickEblu

Depends how much of a dealbreaker it is for you. For what it’s worth I don’t see face masks being phased out until early 2022 at best even with the vaccine due to the seasonal nature of the virus and until resistance to the variants is properly studied.

Because these vaccines were approved under an EUA by FDA (for emergency use) and with the nature of the virus still so unknown I would assume the CDC will use maximum caution on relaxing face mask policies.

Particularly given the amount of time it will take to “desired reach herd immunity” for the population once supply outpaces demand and vaccine/science hesitancy is a concern.

It just depends on what crowds are like. If crowds are low with 15 % capacity it could be worth the prices. If not, I’m probably fine with a day trip or two and just going back home and/ or staying offsite. Also it remains to be known if 2 day tickets will even be available. We already know hotel reservations don’t guarantee a park reservation.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

It just depends on what crowds are like. If crowds are low with 15 % capacity it could be worth the prices. If not, I’m probably fine with a day trip or two and just going back home and/ or staying offsite. Also it remains to be known if 2 day tickets will even be available. We already know hotel reservations don’t guarantee a park reservation.
I agree with you there. I have a couple friends that are “grandfathered” under the old 3-day SoCal tickets they bought in the “before times”. But if (as I suspect) it’s $120+ a single day (or a partial day) with no multiday reservation option we may skip it.

That said, if the option presents itself of checking out the nearby Bowers’ museum or going to a socially distanced Angels-Dodgers I may use my points and splurge for the long weekend staycation. 🤔

Curious Constance

Yes, which is probably the end of the year. The CDC is very slow to update policies.
Yeah, I’d settle for no masks unless indoors as a compromise once the majority of people that want vaccines get them (by summer hopefully). If they do decide to let Oregonians in this summer and we manage to get reservations, me and my daughter will likely already be fully vaccinated. I’d feel completely safe being outdoors, distanced from others, without a mask. I’m just bummed they didn’t test on kids so my son could have his vaccine before next year 😒

Curious Constance

I agree with you there. I have a couple friends that are “grandfathered” under the old 3-day SoCal tickets they bought in the “before times”. But if (as I suspect) it’s $120+ a single day (or a partial day) with no multiday reservation option we may skip it.

That said, if the option presents itself of checking out the nearby Bowers’ museum or going to a socially distanced Angels-Dodgers I may use my points and splurge for the long weekend staycation. 🤔
No multi-day reservations. 🤯😩🤯

MoonRakerSCM

As of today, myself and all my family and closest friends have had the Fauci Ouchy. The flood gates are slowly but surely opening and everyone who wants it will soon be experiencing covid arm. All I know is if anyone tries to restrict travel in the coming months with vaccine requirements, I wont have to deal with it.

Personally my wifi has never come in better since getting it.

mickEblu

Why wouldn’t they allow multi-day tickets? They’re opening a hotel. No one goes to a Disney hotel for 1 park day.

It’s possible. So far we know reservations are only open to California residents and that hotel reservations don’t guarantee park reservations. Disney knows they have more than enough eager customers in LA and Orange County to fill their parks with the capacity restrictions.

ToTBellHop

It’s possible. So far we know reservations are only open to California residents and that hotel reservations don’t guarantee park reservations. Disney knows they have more than enough eager customers in LA and Orange County to fill their parks with the capacity restrictions.
Right but why does that suggest not offering multi-day tickets? WDW, DLP, AND HKDL offer multi-day passes.

mickEblu

Right but why does that suggest not offering multi-day tickets? WDW, DLP, AND HKDL offer multi-day passes.

It suggests to me that they may not be interested in offering multi day tickets with their limited supply. Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have hotel reservations guarantee park reservations? Kind of backwards to have someone have to score a multi day lottery park reservation first no? Of course I’m talking short term until capacity goes up to 35% or higher and than things will most likely change.

Also, those tickets are going to go on sale and sell out in seconds apparently. So in those few seconds are people going to really have the opportunity to select multiple days?

ToTBellHop

It suggests to me that they may not be interested in offering multi day tickets with their limited supply. Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have hotel reservations guarantee park reservations? Kind of backwards to have someone have to score a multi day lottery park reservation first no? Of course I’m talking short term until capacity goes up to 35% or higher and than things will most likely change.

Also, those tickets are going to go on sale and sell out in seconds apparently. So in those few seconds are people going to really have the opportunity to select multiple days?
I don’t know—WDW managed to reopen without guaranteeing anything with a hotel stay. And when they reopened, over 10 resorts were open. I still do not buy that they will open their flagship hotel without setting some reservations aside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom