HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Buford said:
I'll argue that COP is really what TL is all about - progressing through time with the future of technologies for the family unit. I guess it's like Spaceship Earth fits in Future World - looking at tomorrow, based on the progress we've seen from yesterday! COP is outdated, yeah!, so it definitely needs change.

Oh, another hint is the lyrics of the song. "There's a great big beautiful today..." no wait.."yesterday?" no... hmm...what is it again? :D :D

I think the same concept held true for Dreamflight, as that "travelled into the future of flight".
As a fan of Tomorrowland future, past and today, I feel that Tomorrowland is more about the concept and architecture than what rides inhabit the area.

Unplugged

All-in-all, many are criticizing Monsters Inc not being Sci-Fi....what about Stitch? The time frame of the movie and Disney Channel shows are based in modern day Hawaii? I know the character background is SciFi, but Monsters Inc has an entire science behind their power plants and such which is obviously fiction. This is really a silly debate, as is the Pixar concerns. The talent at Pixar (Lasseter) was forged at Disney and were quite entrenched in the partnership early on. Rough times aside, we should be pleased to welcome them back. The kids love their characters and I for one truly appreciate the quality of the stories and the visualization.

I understand the desire to keep Tomorrowland pure, but it is the tomorrow of the past which should provide a little flex in trying to bring creative new attractions for kids and families. I agree Studios would be a great place for it as well, but it would be nice to have another attraction that would provide indoor entertainment. It can be a long trek across the park in extreme heat and or rain with little ones.

speck76

Starman1128 said:
Virgin Galactic is just a fancy elevator ride and its not even set up yet. But still you cant travel to other worlds or even the moon so pfft.
again....it is not futuristic, it is sci-fi / Fantasy

Starman1128

speck76 said:
again....it is not futuristic, it is sci-fi / Fantasy

huh? :confused:

and yea Stitch has no place in Tomorrowland either AND its a terrible attraction. Wait untill the Cars overlay of Autopia and the new Incredibles ride pop up in Tomorrowland they might as well change the name at that point because the place is burning to the ground.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
SpaceMountainUK said:
Its photoshoped, The text doesnt look quite right and as said previously WDW doesnt use that logo anymore, I am an Architect and there is no way we'd use an old company logo in offical documents that we issue, so I doubt they use it on offical documents for a new attractions.
Man you are pretty young to be an Architect...Usually someone would graduate at about 18 from high school and then take a 5 year program from an accredited school, then there is a minimum three years internship...there is no way you could be an Architect...unless it is different in the UK..:confused: I used to work for an Architect and if there was a company we did plans for and we needed their logo they would provide it for us and then we would insert it into the drawing. It is possible that that 80's logo is what was provided to them...who knows..just my two cents.. :)

Buford

I guess the debate boils down to "what fits Tomorrowland?" The current motif is the sci-fi "future that never was...and always will be." So there is a sci-fi element, and sci-fi is a branch of fantasy. But is fantasy sci-fi? I guess fantasy with the use of technologies that are currently not available, but conceivably could be, would work...and I can see that working with 'getting energy from laughs.' How that fits with Monstropolis might blur the line though. So I say we wait and see :)

speck76

Starman1128 said:
huh? :confused:

and yea Stitch has no place in Tomorrowland either AND its a terrible attraction. Wait untill the Cars overlay of Autopia and the new Incredibles ride pop up in Tomorrowland they might as well change the name at that point because the place is burning to the ground.

the name is meaningless....as is the theme.....the general population will respond to any new attraction by visiting the park.....and really...that is what is important to the company.

Shaman

speck76 said:
the name is meaningless....as is the theme.....the general population will respond to any new attraction by visiting the park.....and really...that is what is important to the company.

Good point. People want to get their money's worth and Disney's main concern is the money.

speck76

posting of information that is confidential and proprietary is not a good thing....(and really it is not very legal)

mkepcotmgmak

Starman1128 said:
well this sucks. I guess the Pixar domination of the parks will continue.

i don't know, i've heard strong arguments that the pixar guy, lasseter, will be halting a lot of pixar attractions that were on the drawing boards.

Thelazer

Hate when I see this stuff at work and can't post...

Yes the pic was legit. Yes the info is legit. NO there WAS NOT any permission given for that pic to be leaked.... Honestly this stuff HAS to stop happening everyone. Talking about a rumor is one thing, but these photos that keep showing up of the work in progress are a BIG no no.

speck76

Thelazer said:
Hate when I see this stuff at work and can't post...

Yes the pic was legit. Yes the info is legit. NO there WAS NOT any permission given for that pic to be leaked.... Honestly this stuff HAS to stop happening everyone. Talking about a rumor is one thing, but these photos that keep showing up of the work in progress are a BIG no no.
perhaps some people inside the company need to learn some business ethics.

Thelazer

No, not really. They just need to re-think how much of these projects get outsourced and start to hire some different people to work on them.

For example, there are TONS of CM's who would LOVE to work with WDI. Many of us, would sign any document they want. Heck, I personally would go so far as to sell my digital cam, block my Internet access as well. Problem is, many of the folks who currently work on these projects don't care that much. They are outsourced; they do there job, get paid and move on. They don't have much incentive beyond a paycheck. Take Joe Rhode for example, he says very little about what he is up too. I don't think he's every leaked out any photos of the work in progress. Now, the day labors they hire to actually build these rides and shows. That's another story.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
you lost me on that one

:lol:

In Billy Madison, Eric and Billy are in a competition to take over Madison hotels and Eric's least favorite topic is Business Ethics. So when he doesn't know the answer to the Business Ethics question, he tries to shoot Billy and he is taken down by Principal Anderson dressed as his pro wrestling alter-ego The Revolting Blob.

Follow now? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom