HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

CaptainMichael

wdwmagic said:
I can't confirm anything at this stage, but if this is one of the proposed attractions that I know are in the mix for this area, it certainly isnt your regular stage show, and it's using some new technology that Disney have been testing elsewhere.
If I'm understanding right, that would go along with the Turtle Talk 2.0 rumors.

Something interesting on the plans is the use of the old WDW logo.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay, my turn. I can`t say where I got this, and take it as you will.

Timekeeper is out of the picture. Totally. It appears the Circlevision infrastructure is being kept in place, as are some if not all of the screens. Those that remain will be used, but I can`t say if it`s in a CV360 format or not. The theme will be Monsters Inc. using technology similar to Turtle Talk. Two charecters from the movie will interact with guests, but again I can`t say if this is the total attraction or part of it.

Lee

Adventurer
I had heard the name "Laugh Floor" before, but I had no specific info as to what it was or where it was going.
Interesting info...

MissM

Original Poster
Come on guys. Look, I have no reason to make this up. I have no connection to this kind of info normally. I was chatting (via email) with my source in regards to another topic and he wanted to share some info. He knew I - and others - would be interested in it but didn't want to deal with negativity that often comes with these kinds of threads. I was excited to be able to share it with everyone but...jeez. It's WAY too early to say it's a bad idea or that it'll suck or that it's wrong or whatever, because it's not even built yet. Give the idea a chance.

Either way, for those curious, here's a little more info he shared with me:

The Timekeeper demo is scheduled to end around July 10th. The show is going to be a major change including sit-down theater seats. The entire building will be seeing a complete overhaul including enterence and queue.

I for one am going to keep an open mind. Can't judge it until you see it yourself.
-m

PS: While not used daily, the Galaxy Theater (between Buzz and CoP) IS used throughout the year for band/chorus events, special shows and things like 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.

phillipsa9

im embarrassed to even have to ask but where in tomorrowland is the timekeeper? im having trouble placing it mentally. i don't know that i have ever even done it. is it still open? i cant even find it on a map... thanks

chris15358

I can't see a stage show happening in the Timekeeper building unless the building is expanded greatly into the parking lot behind Timekeeper and Buzz. I used to work at Timekeeper and the area in the theatre and the waiting area before you move into the theatre are not large enough to support a stage show with capacity to seat 500 or more. Plus I can't see a large construction project happening to the building considering Buzz and TTA are also housed in the same building (not to mention Tinkerbell's landing platform).

MissM

Original Poster
Before I head out for the day...

All circle vision is gone all screens being torn down; all lighting in building being tore down and some reused most liquidated. It is a show where you sit down and the will be a lot of special effects.

-m

ps: Timekeeper is permantly closed. It was located directly across from what is now Stich's Greatest Escape.

scottnj1966

MissM said:
From a known and trusted source, I'm happy to be the one to break some exciting news... Timekeeper is becoming a Monster's Inc. Stage show. It's on a fast schedule and work is already underway.

I received specific permission to post this info and share the breaking news. :sohappy: So enjoy!
-m

I was thinking wow thats some great proof until I looking at it a little bit more WDW has not used that logo design since the early 80's

Heatherbell

scottnj1966 said:
I was thinking wow thats some great proof until I looking at it a little bit more WDW has not used that logo design since the early 80's

How do you REEAAALLYYY know they don't use the 80's logo on their paperwork? Have you access to all WDW paperwork?

My point is, all of this is speculation, no one knows exactly what WDW is going to do. I am pretty sure thats why this was posted in New and Rumors. But thanks to the OP for sharing! :wave:

peter11435

scottnj1966 said:

Actually they do still use that logo on some internal stuff. In fact the signs in the AKL parking lot that say "Walt Disney World Company vehicle only" use the old logo. And they were installed in 2001.

SpaceMountainUK

Its photoshoped, The text doesnt look quite right and as said previously WDW doesnt use that logo anymore, I am an Architect and there is no way we'd use an old company logo in offical documents that we issue, so I doubt they use it on offical documents for a new attractions.

orangewarrior

Miss M - Great work? Any idea on timeframe? The original post, which seems to point to this type of attraction, dated Dec 5, says 1 year 2 months. That puts it at February 2007. Is that accurate? Or sooner or later?

brkgnews

I wouldn't neccesarily read that much into the old logo. The "D" portion of the logo still is on the monorails (and on some manhole covers, too, if I recall correctly). MissM is a long-standing member of the boards who I do not feel would have any real reason to jerk us around on this. So if it is a fake, it would be a fake that was perpetrated upon her, which she passed on in good faith. We've heard Monsters Inc rumors before, so it's no surprise here. I'm willing to wait and see. (off to check a few patent numbers ;) )

By the way -- notice that if the blueprints are drawn so you are holding them and looking at the front elevation of the building, then arrow on the mouse does, indeed, point due north...
monstersinctimekeeper6md.jpg

peter11435

SpaceMountainUK said:
Its photoshoped, The text doesnt look quite right and as said previously WDW doesnt use that logo anymore, I am an Architect and there is no way we'd use an old company logo in offical documents that we issue, so I doubt they use it on offical documents for a new attractions.
As I said. Disney DOES still use the old logo for a many things.

Shaman

marni1971 said:
Okay, my turn. I can`t say where I got this, and take it as you will.

Timekeeper is out of the picture. Totally. It appears the Circlevision infrastructure is being kept in place, as are some if not all of the screens. Those that remain will be used, but I can`t say if it`s in a CV360 format or not. The theme will be Monsters Inc. using technology similar to Turtle Talk. Two charecters from the movie will interact with guests, but again I can`t say if this is the total attraction or part of it.

That makes a lot of sense...

Thanks MissM for the photos.... :wave:

wannab@dis

MissM said:
I was excited to be able to share it with everyone but...jeez. It's WAY too early to say it's a bad idea or that it'll suck or that it's wrong or whatever, because it's not even built yet. Give the idea a chance.
You can't please some people. You should know that from being around here. :lol: Thanks for the sharing the information that you were given.

MissM said:
I for one am going to keep an open mind. Can't judge it until you see it yourself.
-m

PS: While not used daily, the Galaxy Theater (between Buzz and CoP) IS used throughout the year for band/chorus events, special shows and things like 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.

I'm also going to keep an open mind. I look forward to seeing what they can come up. It sounds like it could be very interesting!

(Galaxy Theatre is used at different times, but not very often that I've seen. If they replaced it with a new attraction - or used that space, then they could easily utilize temporary stages for their events.)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
scottnj1966 said:
they still use that logo for some internal documents

Jose Eber

SpaceMountainUK said:

Photoshopped? Hardly, why go to all that effort when its faster just to spit out a page or two and photograph it.

I don't really think its a fake, if it is, someone deserves all this attention because they spent a lot of time on it!

The idea of a theatre/attraction type show with effects sounds great. Maybe taking a queue from Its a Bugs life? Another Pixar show....

Well Charles is glad they removed the lights.... he did not like the lighting in the Time Keeper attraction either:

Picture%201_1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom