HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

brkgnews

After a little snooping, it looks like the blueprints were made up by GRG Consulting Engineers. The info on the edge of the blueprints lines up with them...
monstersinctimekeeper27ro.gif

Surf on over to GRGCE.com, and you'll see that they do, indeed, have a history of 3D/4D show work in the Central Florida area...
http://www.grgce.com/t2.htm

Shaman

brkgnews said:
After a little snooping, it looks like the blueprints were made up by GRG Consulting Engineers. The info on the edge of the blueprints lines up with them...

Surf on over to GRGCE.com, and you'll see that they do, indeed, have a history of 3D/4D show work in the Central Florida area...

Good find! Very interesting...:D

So if they combine the interactive features of Turtle Talk, with 3D/4D effects...add seats to the theater and keep everythng else as is (like the screens)...theme it to Monsters Inc....that could make for an interesting and very good show.

Probably opening up next year....right? If not they would've mentioned it at the press event.

Captain Chaos

brkgnews said:
monstersinctimekeeper27ro.gif

Great detective work...

I never doubted Monsters Inc was going to tomorrowland.. I juts wonder what will happen once Disney Legal team sees these photos on this post... Someone can lose their job over this one.... As long as they are real documents... And, as I read these posts and look at these pictures, I am becoming more convinced they are authentic...

GRGCE seems to have done projects for Universal, T2 and the Hard Rock Hotel... Do you think Universal would have an exclusive contract with them?? I wouldn't think so.... But, T2 was nicely done, the effects were really good... i would hope they would be better though for Monsters Inc... Especially if it is interactive.

brkgnews

Merf: I don't think they did the full show, just the electrical and other vital systems. Either way, though, they do have "amusement" experience.

As for the legalities, these aren't really full-blown trade secrets -- they don't show anything about the ride/show/etc other than a possible title (which, as we are all familiar, may just be a working title anyway).

Shaman

dxer07002 said:
Great detective work...

I never doubted Monsters Inc was going to tomorrowland.. I juts wonder what will happen once Disney Legal team sees these photos on this post... Someone can lose their job over this one.... As long as they are real documents... And, as I read these posts and look at these pictures, I am becoming more convinced they are authentic...

Disney does love to plant things at times....;)

:lookaroun :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
As far Tomorrowland is concerned..

Laughter is a source of energy to be harvested in the MI world. A Laugh Floor would be akin to a scare floor - a place where workers attempt to collect laughter. Even to MI, it was a new technological discovery.

The Tomorrowland Science Center seems like a good place to show off such technology. We've essentially given up a show about a time machine for a show about an energy creation process. If it was cold fusion, no one would be debvating it goes into Tomorrowland - it just happens to be Laughter created by Monsters.

wannab@dis

mousermerf said:
As far Tomorrowland is concerned..

Laughter is a source of energy to be harvested in the MI world. A Laugh Floor would be akin to a scare floor - a place where workers attempt to collect laughter. Even to MI, it was a new technological discovery.

The Tomorrowland Science Center seems like a good place to show off such technology. We've essentially given up a show about a time machine for a show about an energy creation process. If it was cold fusion, no one would be debvating it goes into Tomorrowland - it just happens to be Laughter created by Monsters.
I agree. I think WDI can fit it into the TL theme. I'm sure a few will always complain that it doesn't fit THEIR view of the theme, but as you just suggested, it's not that difficult for most to see it as futuristic. :wave:

dxwwf3

I think WDI can fit Monsters Inc into a Tomorrowland theme as well. But I just don't think it will happen that way.

dxwwf3

I can accept that the Tomorrowland concept is dead and now I just hope for quality attractions, even if they don't fit the theme.

I just hope we hear something official soon so I can stop my bumper car nightmares :lol:

brkgnews

dxer07002 said:
GRGCE seems to have done projects for Universal, T2 and the Hard Rock Hotel... Do you think Universal would have an exclusive contract with them?? I wouldn't think so....

I doubt it, too. Even back when Arrow Development was at the absolute heart of Disney attraction development, they were doing projects for plenty of other theme parks. By the way, didn't GRG also do work for Busch Gardens?

dizneycrazy09

Thanks so much for the inside info. I personally am very excited for a Monster's Inc. attraction, and feel that it would fit in very nice with Tomorrowland theme as long as it is done right. I have faith in my Disney Imagineers (even after SGE haha).

Ciciwoowoo

Thanks for sharing! I personally think any use of the newer toons is a good thing at WDW. Walt Disney was a very savy businessman, and I don't doubt one moment he would have added in the newer characters when it was appropriate. He would have seen the value of bringing a familiar face into an attraction to bring an increased number of people to visit that attraction.

Don't forget, he build DL because he wanted a safe clean place where families could go together and enjoy themselves. I honestly believe a MI attraction would be adhering to his original goals. Oh too, remember he said something along the lines of the park would never be completed? (I am not quoting directly, so don't slam me please! :kiss: )

mkepcotmgmak

my idea for themeing it to tomorrowland...

maybe they will "teleport" you to another world, a world of monsters... who is to say that a monster is a different idea than an alien, if that makes sense... monstropolis is not part of earth, so we are being teleported to another dimension... if that makes any sense whatsoever. it sounded good in my head.

imagineer boy

I still really don't like this. I don't care what people say, but Monsters Inc just won't work! :brick: First of all, it will only slam more nails into the coffin of Tomorrowland's original theme. Second, Monster's Inc is not sci-fi, which Tomorrowland is based on. I've always thought that Monsters Inc was more fantasy ( wouldn't work in fantasyland though, because Fantasey land has the European setting in which a Monsters Inc. ride would be even more painfully out of place ). I still don't understand why they just can't put it in the freakin' studios! Its in desperate need for more rides, while it has so much empty space like the Super star television or some of the empty, useless sound stages. Its just makeing me so mad!!!! :brick:

Computer Magic

Starman1128 said:
well this sucks. I guess the Pixar domination of the parks will continue.
Tomorrowland will turn into PixarLand.....Indy will soon be called "Cars"....

I'm glad the space is being used for something other then a meet and greet, merchandise shop, play ground or stitch...

It's been so long since I've seen TimeKeeper, it doesn't matter anymore.

speck76

Starman1128 said:
well this sucks. I guess the Pixar domination of the parks will continue.

This is a pretty short-sighted opinion. Pixar is Disney.....it is no different than having shows and attractions based on Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid, or Aladdin.

At least it has some kind of relation to Disney, unlike Star Tours, and Indian Jones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom