HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

peter11435

Blizz said:
So far I dont think Disney has trademarked a name for the attraction (searced the USPTO Trademark Search) and normally they would do this before getting as far as gutting a building and starting construction on a new ride.
They didn't trademark "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" until February of this year. And as we all know work was going on in there long before then.

MissM

Original Poster
Sorry guys, I just got home. I've been gone all day and went to a hockey game tonight. This is the first time since this afternoon I've been at the computer so I hadn't caught on the thread until now.

imagineer boy said:
Yeah... What's the story MissM?
There's no story. Steve (WDWMagic owner) didn't want them posted and he edited my post. Personally, I don't feel they were in any horrible violation since there were no floorplans, mockups, or anything other then a photo of a name and some dates basically. But...I will respect Steve's wishes in regards to private, proprietary, and otherwise, "internal" information.
-m

( FYI: missm@giveneyestosee.com )

dizneycrazy09

Starman1128 said:
And you know, I wouldnt be surprised if not only Timekeeper becomes a Monsters Inc. show...but we also get ANOTHER monsters inc. ride at the Studios just because its pixar. You won't see this kind of love for Disney's own movies (where's the little mermaid and beauty and the beast rides? how about a Cinderella dark ride?), you wont see this love for Narnia which has made over $700 million worldwide and is expected to grow into a LOTR and harry potter sized franchise, and you won't see the love for Star Wars (the biggest cash cow of all time). I hope that these projects were greenlit under Eisner because I expect better from new management.

How can you honestly say that we absolutely will not see a Narnia attraction at WDW. The movie JUST came out on DVD, and they don't usually just throw attractions out 5 months after the movie is released. Things need time. And besides, Monsters Inc. is just as much part of the Disney family as Narnia, The Lion King, or even the classics such as Cinderella. And if you are simply that opposed to an attraction such as Monsters Inc. "ruining" everything tomorrowland stands for, then just don't visit Tomorrowland on your trips to the Magic Kingdom. A Monsters Inc. attraction can work in Tomorrowland, so try to be optimistic, or at least know a little more about the story of the ride before you totally hate it.

Captain Chaos

You know, I was thinking... What if Monsters Inc ride is the big ride planned for MGM in 2008??? And they do that show in Tomorrowland... That means Mnsters Inc in to different parks... Over kill you say??? No way Disney will do this, Monsters Inc in 2 different parks.. Won't happen... Well, it can and just might... Remember, Nemo is going to be a show in Animal Kingdom and a ride in Epcot, actually, an entire pavilion.... So, there already is precedent for this... Hmmmm... Interesting indeed.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I wonder if they'll be performing "Put that Thing Back where it came from or so help me - The Musical"

:lol:

dxwwf3

mkt said:
I wonder if they'll be performing "Put that Thing Back where it came from or so help me - The Musical"

:lol:

Now THAT would be fantastic. One of the best parts of the film for me :)

Connor002

Well... this was an interesting read. :lookaroun

As for Monster's Inc. in Tomorrowland, if it's progress in the right direction, let them go for it; go ahead WDI, surprise me.

Damien666

I this turns out to be true, I will fall out of my chair. MI does not I repeat DOES NOT fit in Tomorrowland at all! It's more MGM then Tomorrowland.

Starman1128

Connor002 said:
As for Monster's Inc. in Tomorrowland, if it's progress in the right direction, let them go for it; go ahead WDI, surprise me.

Is Stitch's Great Escape progress in the right direction? If yes then this will be right up your ally.

CThaddeus

Perhaps what Disney really should do is go the way of Disneyland Paris and rename Tomorrowland Discoveryland. Of course, I keep hearing the same name may be given to EPCOT's Future World, which makes sense for that, too, since they've abandoned most of its futuristic aspects (unfortunately).

Madison

I'm hopeful that there will not be legal or contractual ramifications for the consulting agency mentioned on these blueprints. The pictures shown do not show the title block, so it is possible that the consulting engineers did not produce these drawings; however, if they did and are somehow responsible for letting this information leak, that could mean bad news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom