Home made autograph books

Disneyfalcon

:lol: Yep I'm that person. :wave: But seriously, if we're just taking the one picture, does it matter if we have one person or six? :p

Yes that's fine of course. I just love giving you a hard time!:lol:

My kids haven't really lost the magic. They still love Disney, the parades, they love seeing the characters...they just don't want to spend precious ride time waiting in line for them!:)

mouselvrmom

Yes that's fine of course. I just love giving you a hard time!:lol:

My kids haven't really lost the magic. They still love Disney, the parades, they love seeing the characters...they just don't want to spend precious ride time waiting in line for them!:)

:lol: I'll have to make sure that if I'm ever in line ahead of you that we take lots of pictures. I want to make sure the kids have lots to grumble about. :ROFLOL:

BigB911

I read a tip somewhere that it'd be worthwhile to create an autograph book, instead of spending the money to purchase one. So, since I scrapbook (yes, I'm a guy. Yes, I scrapbook.), I decided to attempt to make one for my daughter for our first trip. My first objective was to find a small enough 3-ring binder that wouldn't create too much of a burden to lug around the park. I found a bright pink 6x8 binder at Office Depot for $4.

Next was locating the right paper! I was thinking 5x7 card stock, which Office Depot doesn't sell. I was looking for a variety of colors, and hopelessy searched the 'net. When I couldn't find it, I almost settled on blank 5x7 index cards (white card stock), but then found 5.5x7.5 assorted card stock at Michael's! I was thrilled!

After that, I went about scouring the 'net for free Disney-related clip art. I printed the pages on both sides. I have one page for the autograph, and one page for the pic that will be taken with the character. I also took a Disney Princess gift bag that a b-day present was once wrapped in, cut it apart, and I'm going to embelish the front and back of the binder with it. I'll post a page or 2 from the book, and a pic of the front and back once it's done. Only thing left to do is hot-glue or superglue the embelishments and punch holes in the pages.

DW says I should sell the pages online for a small fee. I just enjoyed doing it!

minnie2000

I read a tip somewhere that it'd be worthwhile to create an autograph book, instead of spending the money to purchase one. So, since I scrapbook (yes, I'm a guy. Yes, I scrapbook.), I decided to attempt to make one for my daughter for our first trip. My first objective was to find a small enough 3-ring binder that wouldn't create too much of a burden to lug around the park. I found a bright pink 6x8 binder at Office Depot for $4.

Next was locating the right paper! I was thinking 5x7 card stock, which Office Depot doesn't sell. I was looking for a variety of colors, and hopelessy searched the 'net. When I couldn't find it, I almost settled on blank 5x7 index cards (white card stock), but then found 5.5x7.5 assorted card stock at Michael's! I was thrilled!

After that, I went about scouring the 'net for free Disney-related clip art. I printed the pages on both sides. I have one page for the autograph, and one page for the pic that will be taken with the character. I also took a Disney Princess gift bag that a b-day present was once wrapped in, cut it apart, and I'm going to embelish the front and back of the binder with it. I'll post a page or 2 from the book, and a pic of the front and back once it's done. Only thing left to do is hot-glue or superglue the embelishments and punch holes in the pages.

DW says I should sell the pages online for a small fee. I just enjoyed doing it!

Sounds great! I'd love to see some pictures!

Seems to me that there are a lot more male scrapbookers out there than we thought! (sorry - digital image manipulators) :)

eagles

I am going to be so sad on the day that we are those people. Sam and I love meeting characters as much as the kids. We are kind of like stalkers, we get super excited to see one out that we haven't met before. So far the kids are just as excited to see most of them, but I sense the day is coming when they aren't.

Although, then you just have to get them involved. We use Lexie as our runner. She runs up in line to catch a spot before they close up the line. That way she feels involved in the process even if she isn't so thrilled to meet the characters. We make sure to make a fuss over what a good job she did securing our place in line. :lol:

characters are not the only thing she stalks! (dream team? or is tammy the stalker? :ROFLOL:

mouselvrmom

characters are not the only thing she stalks! (dream team? or is tammy the stalker? :ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL:Yep, it's Tammy who is the dream team stalker. Although I might have to try it this next trip, I've had 2 trips so far where I haven't won anything. :mad: I'm sure I'll be lucky this time. :lookaroun:lol:

Coree

:ROFLOL:Yep, it's Tammy who is the dream team stalker. Although I might have to try it this next trip, I've had 2 trips so far where I haven't won anything. :mad: I'm sure I'll be lucky this time. :lookaroun:lol:

Do ya think the dream team is out during EMH? Then you may have some stalking buddies. :lookaroun :lol:

joanna71985

I am just wondering if any of you make your own autograph books? I sure do and people always wonder where we got them when we at WDW. If you do what size do you make yours and how big do you make them? And last but not least post a picture here so that we can all see them! I will get them out of my DS room as soon as he wakes up form a nap and then I will post pictures of them. I make them new ones every year so I have a lot to take pictures of.

Last summer I printed out clipart onto cardstock, then bound it together. The characters loved seeing their own cards. Plus I brought along different color sharpies, so they could sign in their own color (Pooh- red, Yellow Ranger- yellow, ect).

Disneyfalcon

We want pictures!!:)

Disneyfalcon

Last summer I printed out clipart onto cardstock, then bound it together. The characters loved seeing their own cards. Plus I brought along different color sharpies, so they could sign in their own color (Pooh- red, Yellow Ranger- yellow, ect).

Pictures, pictures!!

Disneyfalcon

I don't think you can attach anything. You have to find a site to host your pictures. You can use the albums here although the file size has to be pretty small. You can also use a free site like photobucket.

After you upload your picture to a host site, you can insert the url into your posts.

BigB911

I don't think you can attach anything. You have to find a site to host your pictures. You can use the albums here although the file size has to be pretty small. You can also use a free site like photobucket.

After you upload your picture to a host site, you can insert the url into your posts.

You should be able to attatch to your posts. In other VBulletin-hosted forums that I belong to, you can upload files and pics.

Fran98765

There are hundreds of ways to set up a VBulletin forum and the owner has a lot of options to choose from. Some choose file attachments, others don't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom