Home made autograph books

jessicaj

Original Poster
I am just wondering if any of you make your own autograph books? I sure do and people always wonder where we got them when we at WDW. If you do what size do you make yours and how big do you make them? And last but not least post a picture here so that we can all see them! I will get them out of my DS room as soon as he wakes up form a nap and then I will post pictures of them. I make them new ones every year so I have a lot to take pictures of.

Disneyfalcon

I've posted mine here before but I couldn't remember which thread. So here's a few of them again. I just take cut cardstock to the park. I don't carry around the album with me, I'd be too nervous!:lol:

Surgery_0781.jpg

Surgery_079.jpg

Surgery_081.jpg

Surgery_082.jpg

Surgery_085.jpg

Surgery_084.jpg

Surgery_083.jpg

Surgery_086.jpg

eagles

my problem is, my kids do not want me to take the autographs out of those books. so i am stuck with the books.

this trip i got these clear cards that i am taking with me. and i am going to get autographs on them, then i will put those into my scrapbooks.
well that is my plan. now i just have to remember where i put them.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Those are incredible DisneyFalcon! Thanks for posting it. You are really creative and I'm sure your kids will enjoy those for years to come. :D When I have kids I'd love to do something like that. Kudos to a great way to make/keep memories for your kids that they'll no doubt enjoy with their kids.

jessicaj

Original Poster
Sorry I have been unable to post my pictures. My DS is really sick and is currently glued to my lap. So I will post my pics as soon as he is a little better and does not cry when I put him down.

I too am stuck with the whole book while we are there. Although on our last trip in Jan. I told my DD age 5 that she had to carry it around herself this time. She did it! I was shocked. The only time she did not carry it was when she got an ear infection during the trip and spent a couple days in the stroller instead of her brother.

Disneyfalcon

Thanks One Lil Spark!:) Disney albums are definitely the ones that the kids go to over and over. I spend a little more time on my Disney albums and that's exactly why.

minnie2000

These are all fantastic! Keep posting everyone - I need as much inspiration as possible!

Has anyone got any advice? I would love to do something like this with my daughters, but to start off I would have to do it quite simply! Any tips?

mouselvrmom

Alright, Tammy. I know I've seen lots of you autograph pages before, and I've finally decided that I might do something like this for our next trip. How are you carrying your cut cardstock for the to sign on? Are you taking like a mini clipboard or something, or just a book that's hard for them to sign on?

minnie2000

I've just remembered something that might be relevant. When we met Mary Poppins and Bert last year, DD's autograph book was full, so we asked them to sign a piece of paper we had with us. They apologised but said that they were only allowed to sign in a book, not on a piece of paper. Perhaps it would be necessary to take a book of cardstock, and then cut out the autographs when we got home.

jessicaj

Original Poster
Here are some pics of my autpgraph books form 08

This one is my DD. She is such a pink girl.
fatherdaughterandautographbooks024.jpg

These are pics of my DS. It was his first trip. The Q on the cover is because that is his nickname. His name is Quintin but we call him Q or baby Q. He was only 11 months old on this trip.
fatherdaughterandautographbooks021.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks022.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks023.jpg

I used the Bind It All by Zutter to wire bind it all together. I used A7 envelopes as the pages so that each page has a pocket for extra photos or stories of the autograph session. Next I will post some of my older autograph books that have the embelishments added to them. I usually add embelishments and pictures when I get home.

mouselvrmom

Oh my goodness, you bound it yourself! I was looking at the pages thinking you must have and then when you said that you did, I was amazed! You are so crafty! I think for my first try at this I might try an 8x8 or something.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of yours!

jessicaj

Original Poster
Ok these are form 06 and 07. All are my DD as my son was not here yet. Although I did have a book for him when I was pregnant that I had the characters take pictures with me while I was prego. They were all so cute. Mickey and Pluto kissed my belly and the Fairy Godmother waved her wand over it. So when I find that one I will post those pics.

fatherdaughterandautographbooks035.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks036.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks037.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks040.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks042.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks026.jpg

fatherdaughterandautographbooks027.jpg

i hope these inspire you to make your own. It is so much fun and I cna't tell you how excited my DD gets when I pull it out of the suitcase (I surprise her every year witha new one) My sisters both have one as well that I made for them and they are 19 and 21.

k.hunter30

Wow Jessica! Those are fabulous! I can't wait to see the pics of the cahracters interacting with you while you were pregnant!

When making your autograph book, how many pages to do make? For the Princess one, did you onlt have Disney princess characters and their friends sign in that book since that's what goes with the theme?

jessicaj

Original Poster
Wow Jessica! Those are fabulous! I can't wait to see the pics of the cahracters interacting with you while you were pregnant!

When making your autograph book, how many pages to do make? For the Princess one, did you onlt have Disney princess characters and their friends sign in that book since that's what goes with the theme?

Well, I used to make my DD a book for every theme. 1 princess book, 1 Mickey and Friends and 1 Pooh and Friends. So three books total. Thats a lot of books to lug around the parks. Now I have 2 kids so they each get one. She wanted pink. So I used some princess paper in there and at my LSS we actually have pink nd purple paper with mickeys on it. So I use that in there as well to use for the other charcters. I then choose to change all the pictures to black and white for that album so that even though Mickey might be wearing red and black it still blends in with the papers she wanted.

I make them 30 pages long. So they can eaither get 15 autographs with the picture next to them or they can get 30 autographs and I can put the pictures in the pocket. Although I must say that she really has never gotten more then 15 to 20 in one trip. She is only 5 so maybe as both kids get older I might have to add more pages.

How many pages do you other scrappers add? I would like to know how many older kids might need.

Disneyfalcon

Once several years ago, I cut out colored cardstock and I had each character sign on a coordinating color. I forgot what they used as a hard back.

Maybe they won't let you do that anymore?

Now I buy a spiral bound book of index cards. They're only a couple of dollars. If you can't find one without lines, just make sure you hand the character the side that doesn't have lines.

Then when I get home I just tear/cut out each autograph and make a page.:)

k.hunter30

Well, I used to make my DD a book for every theme. 1 princess book, 1 Mickey and Friends and 1 Pooh and Friends. So three books total. Thats a lot of books to lug around the parks. Now I have 2 kids so they each get one. She wanted pink. So I used some princess paper in there and at my LSS we actually have pink nd purple paper with mickeys on it. So I use that in there as well to use for the other charcters. I then choose to change all the pictures to black and white for that album so that even though Mickey might be wearing red and black it still blends in with the papers she wanted.

I make them 30 pages long. So they can eaither get 15 autographs with the picture next to them or they can get 30 autographs and I can put the pictures in the pocket. Although I must say that she really has never gotten more then 15 to 20 in one trip. She is only 5 so maybe as both kids get older I might have to add more pages.

How many pages do you other scrappers add? I would like to know how many older kids might need.
Dh and I LOVED getting characters' autographs! :lookaroun On our last trip (his first ever!), we got about 25 autographs.

Once several years ago, I cut out colored cardstock and I had each character sign on a coordinating color. I forgot what they used as a hard back.

Maybe they won't let you do that anymore?

Now I buy a spiral bound book of index cards. They're only a couple of dollars. If you can't find one without lines, just make sure you hand the character the side that doesn't have lines.

Then when I get home I just tear/cut out each autograph and make a page.:)
I must have taken that idea from you! That's what we did last year. It seemed to work very well! And--once I get around to starting our WDW album--it'll be easy to piece it all together.

Disneyfalcon

I must have taken that idea from you! That's what we did last year. It seemed to work very well! And--once I get around to starting our WDW album--it'll be easy to piece it all together.

It was easy. I used most in my autograph album - it's pretty thick!:lol: But some ended up in my big book. I also got the kids to each get autographs of the same characters and then I could choose which one looked nicer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom