Hollywood Studios entertainment overhaul

DKampy

Still significant enough to spawn massive franchises... Well before the movies. So to blow them off as just tv.. I don't agree

I disagree...I don't think a transformers attraction would have been on anyone's mind without the movies...a better example might have been spiderman...correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that ride was constructed before the 1st movie was released

asianway

Sorry to bring this thread back up again but just saw on disneyauditions.com that they're holding dancer auditions for BATB December 7 for full time and substitute roles...so what's the status with BATB now? Aren't Equity contracts usually a year long?
I don't think the dancers are equity, only belle & Gaston but I could be wrong

I know what you meant.
That's why I'm saying stage shows should be changed every 5 years, cause TV shows usually don't have such lasting impact as movies do. But that shouldn't stop Disney from taking advantage of a show while it's popular.

And still, the park's best ride is based on a 50 year old TV show.

The problem with changing over VotLM to P&F, is that the tv show has been on for quite some time, now, and I believe that they would have made an attraction out if it a few seasons ago. The show has nearly reached its end. Do you think that the show will stay on peoples minds very much longer after the show ends? Probably not. Like any show that was golden on Disney Channel, most are ghosts when the show ends. Will P&F have a lasting impact for very long after it ends? You amswer that question.

PalisadesPkteer

The problem with changing over VotLM to P&F, is that the tv show has been on for quite some time, now, and I believe that they would have made an attraction out if it a few seasons ago. The show has nearly reached its end. Do you think that the show will stay on peoples minds very much longer after the show ends? Probably not. Like any show that was golden on Disney Channel, most are ghosts when the show ends. Will P&F have a lasting impact for very long after it ends? You amswer that question.

Sort of reminds me of Kim Possible being very popular, but not putting it into EPCOT until way after it was off the air and not on people's minds anymore. If P & F is near its end then why change out the VotLM? Would rather they make a show based on a movie. It is Disney's Hollywood Studios Theme Park after all! Would even like Little Mermaid to stay in the building but with new updates etc.

Magenta Panther

And some may or may not get contracts. I think this pretty much confirms B&B will be here at least a little while longer...

I have no objection to it staying. I just wish TDO would fix it up a little. Or a LOT. It looked very shabby - the costuming, the staging - last time I saw it. A better adaptation of the story would help too.

GiveMeTheMusic

It's a lost cause, a relic of a less discerning time. If that show opened brand new today, it would be ridiculed beyond belief. It's nowhere near good enough to justify a 20 year run. Eight foot tall candleabras, foam teacups, community theatre level sets and a ton of canned dialogue/vocals - Disney can do better. While WDW does a fabulous job of keeping a ton of shows running every day, year in and year out, that does not negate the huge lapse of time between updates. 20 years for a stage show, 11 years for a daytime parade, 40 years for a nighttime parade (though not all at this resort).

I hope the replacement show hasn't been postponed or axed - it's very much needed.

CJR

It's too bad they won't/can't overhaul the VotLM theater into a dark ride. It's a good spot for one. I know TSM is nearby, but the park could really use another family friendly ride. I'm sure a show is a lot cheaper though since most of the technology already exists in that location.

imagineer boy

I would love to see the Aladdin show from Disneyland brought to DHS. It is a wonderful show, and since we now annually go WDW it would be great to have it brought to the Park.

Agreed! Althogh some of the Disney cruise line ships are playing the same show, so in that case it may not be so likely.

It's a lost cause, a relic of a less discerning time. If that show opened brand new today, it would be ridiculed beyond belief. It's nowhere near good enough to justify a 20 year run. Eight foot tall candleabras, foam teacups, community theatre level sets and a ton of canned dialogue/vocals - Disney can do better. While WDW does a fabulous job of keeping a ton of shows running every day, year in and year out, that does not negate the huge lapse of time between updates. 20 years for a stage show, 11 years for a daytime parade, 40 years for a nighttime parade (though not all at this resort).

I hope the replacement show hasn't been postponed or axed - it's very much needed.

Now, I have to agree with you. Disney could do better with the show.... very ,as you said, "community theater" style. If they should do anything with any show in DHS, BatB should be the one to be axed. They then need to add something else, some other show, of a different film. Afterall, it seems that with each expansion, change or addition, comes with yet another attraction that reinforces just a few characters from the world of Disney. It seems that Ariel, Belle & Beast, and a few other characters are continuing to get multiple attractions tied to their names throughout several of the parks. Time for Disney to capitalize on another famous character that has not had it's chance in the spotlight of imagination.

Figments Friend

I would love to see the Aladdin show from Disneyland brought to DHS. It is a wonderful show, and since we now annually go WDW it would be great to have it brought to the Park.

I agree also. This would be a wonderful addition, and showcase a property that seems somewhat *forgotten* these days. By that i mean *forgotten* in regards to being a major attraction ( not a spinner ride, or a meet & greet...and various cameos appearences...)
A stage production would be awesome, though i can understand Disney wanting to place of more recent film property in that space. However, i think it would be a great fit...exspecially considering how easy it would be to convert the currant VoTLM setup into a Aladdin themed staging area. Being next door to Animation helps too.

Tip Top Club

I must be the only person who doesn't like the Aladdin show. I love live theater, and I thought the Aladdin show was...well... just not good. I don't get the hype. As much as I want these two shows replaced, I would say no if it was for a clone of DCA's Aladdin...

FigmentJedi

I doubt Phineas and Ferb's ending is in sight. Disney's already planning a theatrical movie, plus they've been intending on making it Disney's answer to Spongebob so it'll probably keep and keep.

WDW1974

I must be the only person who doesn't like the Aladdin show. I love live theater, and I thought the Aladdin show was...well... just not good. I don't get the hype. As much as I want these two shows replaced, I would say no if it was for a clone of DCA's Aladdin...

I LOVE the Aladdin show. Was there for the world premiere and the AMAZING after party where some publicity hacks tried to literally play keep away with Michael Eisner and have enjoyed it countless times since ... and the fact they let the Genie ad-lib and add topical humor is great. Something they would NEVER allow at WDW where the real world doesn't exist!

COProgressFan

I LOVE the Aladdin show. Was there for the world premiere and the AMAZING after party where some publicity hacks tried to literally play keep away with Michael Eisner and have enjoyed it countless times since ... and the fact they let the Genie ad-lib and add topical humor is great. Something they would NEVER allow at WDW where the real world doesn't exist!

I agree, the ad-lib/topical humor stuff is what makes the show great. The genie gets away with some really good lines that I am sure would'nt be "magical" enough to be allowed in Florida.

Worst part about Aladdin at DCA is the 2001 original value-engineered theater, with no lobby, no restrooms, and a beautiful entrance through what looks like a fire escape on a giant warehouse. Blech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom