Hollywood Studios entertainment overhaul

drew81

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios will be receiving a major overhaul of several long running shows.

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage will be closing in the near future to be replaced with the rumored "Tangled" show.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid will also be closing to be replaced with a new show.

tomman710

Nice timing if all the other DHS rumors are true ... I love the BatB show but I get the freshening up of the parks, especially this one, and no need to have such overlap in FL with Mermaid and Belle.

WDWFanDave

Hollywood Studios will be receiving a major overhaul of several long running shows.

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage will be closing in the near future to be replaced with the rumored "Tangled" show.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid will also be closing to be replaced with a new show.

Is the near future in the next week, or month, or can you share? Just curious as we will be there next week and are hoping to see both. Thanks for the updates!

The Empress Lilly

Oh no, Mermaid is my favourite show on property!

I kinda get it, what with the BatB and LM areas opening up in the Fantasyland Reclamation Project. But both shows feel like they belong in DHS. After all, both movies and the park belong to the same era, to the same Disney renaissance. The way Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Mickey belong in the MK. There is a unity of style and creative vision between the LM and BatB movies and their shows and the Studios itself.

Mawg

I heard they were adding a Wall-e tour to DHS - you get to spend the day as a menial laborer picking up trash that lazy, careless people throw on the ground. Once you pick enough up you get to compact it into a small cube and take it home. It's $125 and includes lunch at the ABC Commissary!!

When can I sign up for this? Will it be available in June for my next trip?

nytimez

Good to hear. The shows are nice enough, but shows by definition shouldn't be permanent IMO. It would be nice if one of the two was NOT a princess-based show.

Buried20KLeague

I'm sad to hear about the little mermaid show. All the in-theatre effects are just great. That whole show, to me, just WORKS. The under the sea number is fantastic. I'll admit Ursela isn't the best... But I'll deal with that because of the rest of the show.

Couldn't care less about BatB though. I always thought the quality of the props and costumes and so forth was horrible.

Someone mentioned Anamagique... That would be interesting. That's a great show.

JCtheparrothead

I think most of the park feels dated and a change is needed. I agree that this along with the other unconfirmed rumors could bring this park back as one of the most popular. Looking forward to whatever this rumor brings.

The Empress Lilly

Good to hear. The shows are nice enough, but shows by definition shouldn't be permanent IMO. It would be nice if one of the two was NOT a princess-based show.
Including the Pearl Harbor stunt show in the BLT, DHS has three shows based on 'guns and explosions with cars and tanks and military airplanes'.

Compared to all the testosterone stuff everywhere, two modest princess shows, in a Disney park, does not feel like overkill.

RSoxNo1

Not surprising at all. Thanks for the info.

Edit: There was a rumor a while ago that a ride would be replacing Little Mermaid, I know the building is small, but are you sure it's going to be a show?

mm52200

I'm not sure how I feel about this. While I understand that these shows have been forever, I feel like they almost warrant classic status, they're staples of the park. I understand both are getting new areas as part of the FLE but BATB isn't really getting a new attraction, just a themed area to it. Also the Premiere Theater sits empty most of the year...why can't they put a new show in there? An addition maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom