Hollywood Studios entertainment overhaul

RSoxNo1

I LOVE the Aladdin show. Was there for the world premiere and the AMAZING after party where some publicity hacks tried to literally play keep away with Michael Eisner and have enjoyed it countless times since ... and the fact they let the Genie ad-lib and add topical humor is great. Something they would NEVER allow at WDW where the real world doesn't exist!
Aladdin is the best Disney show I've ever seen. I try to see it every day I'm at the Disneyland resort.

Does anyone know if the carpet is flying again?

Enchantâmes

Its time for the Aladdin show to go... I think a broadway level BatB (DLR has no Beauty and the Beast attractions) or Tangled (No Disney resort has a Tangled attraction yet...) show would be amazing. Nothing Pixar related please, there is enough Pixar in the parks at the moment. I would say a Lion King show but its still on broadway.

LongtimeReader

Aladdin is the best Disney show I've ever seen. I try to see it every day I'm at the Disneyland resort.

Does anyone know if the carpet is flying again?

As of July, it was not flying. I feel like we'd have heard about it from other sites if it had been reinstated into the show. Hope it's soon, that scene is pretty poor without it.

RSoxNo1

As of July, it was not flying. I feel like we'd have heard about it from other sites if it had been reinstated into the show. Hope it's soon, that scene is pretty poor without it.
That's a "wow" moment for several kids, I hope it's put back but I suspect it's an OSHA issue

LongtimeReader

That's a "wow" moment for several kids, I hope it's put back but I suspect it's an OSHA issue

Kids AND adults. It was beautiful. As I hear it from some friends of mine in the show, the stunt Jasmine made a balance check mistake and caused the weight to overturn the carpet. It is designed to stop and hold in the performers (which it did), and the way I hear it, was NOT a mechanical failure. However, the performer caused enough of a stir to cause them to cut the scene indefinitely. Even though, apparently, she is hired specifically to do the flying stunt and was her mistake.

Mind you, there are two people in that carpet, and nobody mentions stunt Aladdin's role in it. So this could very well just be gossip among stage performers, which we are VERY apt to do without much factual basis. Just a disclaimer.

Yes, I WOULD love to see Aladdin replacing VOTLM. It's such a great show from what I seen, and would be perfect! I'm really excited for Tangled too! :D

Hope this is true!

RSoxNo1

Yes, I WOULD love to see Aladdin replacing VOTLM. It's such a great show from what I seen, and would be perfect! I'm really excited for Tangled too! :D

Hope this is true!
Aladdin needs a much larger theater to truly work. Of the existing theaters, the Premier Theater is probably best equipped, but even that would require major modifications for a direct lift.

doctornick

Is there any update on the shows for DHS? Is there still plans to replace BatB and VOTLM in the near future? Is it being held up by the other expansion plans so it needs to be coordinated?

It seemed like the hot rumors were of either a Tangled or PatF show going into the Theater of the Stars. And the Phineas & Ferb rumor seems to have died out -- is it because the Muppets are going into that space again?

I'm a little surprised these shows have not been closed yet and replaced given the presence of the two franchises in New Fantasyland and just for the purposes of hyping up some new experiences for DHS.

wdwfan22

I must be the only person who doesn't like the Aladdin show. I love live theater, and I thought the Aladdin show was...well... just not good. I don't get the hype. As much as I want these two shows replaced, I would say no if it was for a clone of DCA's Aladdin...

You are not the only one who doesn't get all the hype for the Aladdin show, I didn't feel any sort of love for that show. Seen it a couple of times, don't have to see it again, and really hope we don't see it end up in Florida. And as for the Genie trying to be a stand up comic by using modern day references in the show, it comes off tacky.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ironic, since that's exactly how Genie is in the film version of Aladdin.

Touché
touche.gif

SirLink

You are not the only one who doesn't get all the hype for the Aladdin show, I didn't feel any sort of love for that show. Seen it a couple of times, don't have to see it again, and really hope we don't see it end up in Florida. And as for the Genie trying to be a stand up comic by using modern day references in the show, it comes off tacky.

Aladdin at DCA is basically a British Pantomime without the dame character ... and in my view as I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago ... was a great way of keeping the show fresh #UglySultan :cool:

AEfx

The Aladdin show was a true surprise and a highlight of my trip to Disneyland. As much as I enjoy VOTLM, I'd totally take it at WDW - though I have a feeling it would be scaled down, which would stink.

cheezbat

The Aladdin show is light years better than any stage show at WDW.

I see it every time I visit Cali...it's a must do!

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't get it. The effects are cheap and laughably bad (the snake makes me LOL everytime). The script is awful. The staging is utterly senseless. How does Aladdin teleport? How does he just jump and fly across the marketplace? Why do they use two sets of voices during Whole New World? Why do they step off of the carpet and walk around on the clouds halfway through the song? When did all these characters acquire superpowers?

And those TERRIFYING genie masks. Good Lord.

The same director helmed the horrifying Little Mermaid musical on Broadway, and we all know how that went.

tumblr_m8qeeyhkZr1rcb0d2o2_500.jpg

DaGoof00

Its time for the Aladdin show to go... I think a broadway level BatB (DLR has no Beauty and the Beast attractions) or Tangled (No Disney resort has a Tangled attraction yet...) show would be amazing. Nothing Pixar related please, there is enough Pixar in the parks at the moment. I would say a Lion King show but its still on broadway.

HAH! WDW totally has a Tangled attraction - state of the art toilets in the Magic Kingdom...;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom