hogwarts to replace 20k?

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Well IJA and Potter is really the comparison I was stressing. It is exactly the same situation yet people here don't want to admit it and have so far completely ignored it. I have yet to hear a logical explanation as to why Indiana Jones Adventure works for Disneyland yet Harry Potter doesn't work for WDW's Magic Kingdom.

Look at my arguement with bill on the other 20k thread on the rumor boards for another good arguement for no potter in MK because I don't wanna repeat that much. One thing I will repeat is that comparing indy to potter is like comparing return of the dragon(Bruce Lee) to power rangers the movie or gone with the wind to titanic.

Erika

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Well IJA and Potter is really the comparison I was stressing. It is exactly the same situation yet people here don't want to admit it and have so far completely ignored it. I have yet to hear a logical explanation as to why Indiana Jones Adventure works for Disneyland yet Harry Potter doesn't work for WDW's Magic Kingdom.

I havfen't been to DL but I believe Indy is in Adventureland...am I correct? That seems like it would fit in fine. I don't know where in the Magic Kingdom Hogwarts would it in. Fantasyland seems like the most logical choice but somehow it still seems like it would be out of place in there. I don't know.

Having said that, if they build it, I'll go on it :p

imagineer99

Originally posted by Erika
Having said that, if they build it, I'll go on it :p

Me too!

Remember, If you build it, they will come!:lol:

However, I still think potter works better in MGM. Plus, MGM needs the rides.

MartyMouse

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

1. A Child wizard that has incredible powers and fights the forces of evil.
2. A cool looking group of monsters that look mean but are as nice as teddy bears
3. A bunch of cows?

Honestly...choose your top 2

You know the Cow movie was kind-a funny - it was dumb but we liked it.

MartyMouse

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Even if Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is playing on ABC in early May,

Yeah how did ABC get that?
AS far as I know Time Warner AOL still hates Disney, why would they sell them the TV rigths to Harry Potter, why not put it on the WB or work out a deal with Viacom to put it on the #2 Net CBS??

Paphia

Originally posted by pilka214
i think hp whould fit really well in mgm not mk. especially in fantasy land. all of the rides in fantasyland are disney originals

If I may play devil's advocate for a second....

Disney didn't originally create many of the stories that the Fantasyland attractions are based on. The Mouse acquired the rights to Winnie The Pooh (written by A.A. Milne) Peter Pan (Barrie) Alice (Lewis Carroll)....

and at what point in Cinderella did the characters board a carousel?

What if Disney was to produce or distribute one of the future HP films? Or what if they produce an animated version of HP? Then would an attraction fit into Fantasyland? Maybe they have other plans in the works... ?

DW88

A HP ride would be a great addition to WDW. But my first pick for the new ride in Fantasyland would be a Villians ride. It has classic written all over it and I'm sure the storyline would be great. Magic Kingdom needs something like this.

Then my second pick would be a HP dark ride...with special effects and animatronics, etc. A huge Hogwarts castle in Fantasyland wouldn't fit, so I would just have a building and have the queue inside and HP themed. Of course, a thrilling ending would be cool....:cool:

Just my opinion on things.:)

General Grizz

The analogy being made here is kinda thwarted.

Disney did not create Peter Pan or Pooh, but they DESIGNED them and "Disneyfied" them into their movies and theme parks.

Harry Potter's original tale is *already made* into a film by another studio.

If Disney makes a ride based on the BOOK under its own version (and not under the Warner Brothers film), then the parallel could be made correctly.

Wilt Dasney

This thread is kinda like the CoP..it just keeps goin' around and around. Allow me to summarize the repeating plot of the last 6 pages here:

A. Harry does NOT belong at WDW

B. Harry MIGHT belong at WDW, but only at the Studios, not at MK

C. Harry does NOT belong at the Studios, b/c the park theming is a behind-the-scenes look at showbiz

C-2. Harry MIGHT belong at MK, b/c the attraction theming is fantasy and wonder

D. Harry does NOT belong at MK, b/c the park is reserved purely for Disney characters and stories

D-2. Harry MIGHT belong at MK, b/c there are "non-Disney" creations at MK, like Cinderella and Peter Pan

D-3. Harry does NOT belong at MK, b/c although characters are there which Disney did not create, all such characters have been acquired and altered to suit "Disney" sensibilities

E. Harry MIGHT belong at MK, b/c DL has an Indiana Jones attraction, with no Disney connection at all

E-2. Harry does NOT belong at MK, b/c Indiana Jones' studio is not affiliated with a rival theme park chain, unlike Harry's studio

F. Harry does NOT belong at WDW, b/c the Harry property is just a current trend and no one will give a fig about Harry soon

G. Harry does NOT belong at WDW, b/c....Gary can't fart on cue

Did I miss anything?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Even though George Lucas was the director of all 3 Indiana Jones films, the movies were distributed by Paramount Pictures. Wouldn't that mean that Paramount has every right to put an Indiana Jones-themed attraction in any of their parks? I would think so. But I'm sure that they had to have some involvement in licensing rights and more before Indiana Jones Adventure was created. If this could happen, there's no reason why Disney can't work out a deal with Warner Bros.

If they can't get a deal with Warner Bros. though I say they should still pursue the rights to the books for an attraction. I believe Harry Potter would make an amazing attraction if they did it right. But, as Grizz said, if they do it based on the book, it could actually fit into Fantasyland. If not, and it's the movie, I don't think it belongs in Fantasyland at all, but I wouldn't mind it at the Disney MGM Studios or at the UK pavilion at Epcot.

sniggle74

I know everyone is so at arms with the whole HP discussion. I've noticed that the first thing people think is that if HP does make it into the MK that it is automatically assumed that we would see the creation of a hugh replica of Hogwarts (something that could dwarf Cinderella castle). However, wouldn't it be easier to imagine taking the land we are all talking about (20k Leagues) and creating a Diagon Alley type setting where you can place the train ride "station" within it. That way, the dark ride can focus on the ride to Hogwarts (so you can see it come into view while riding - like the students would see it). That way you don't have to have a larger castle within Fantasyland.

Also, IF something like this were to happen, by configuring it to Diagon Alley the change to a more mideval look to Fantasyland could take place.

Just a thought.

16 days and counting

jt03

Originally posted by sniggle74
I know everyone is so at arms with the whole HP discussion. I've noticed that the first thing people think is that if HP does make it into the MK that it is automatically assumed that we would see the creation of a hugh replica of Hogwarts (something that could dwarf Cinderella castle). However, wouldn't it be easier to imagine taking the land we are all talking about (20k Leagues) and creating a Diagon Alley type setting where you can place the train ride "station" within it. That way, the dark ride can focus on the ride to Hogwarts (so you can see it come into view while riding - like the students would see it). That way you don't have to have a larger castle within Fantasyland.

Also, IF something like this were to happen, by configuring it to Diagon Alley the change to a more mideval look to Fantasyland could take place.

Just a thought.

16 days and counting
Please someone squash this hideous rumor:brick: Once again, it's fine for the studios, NOT the MK!

gfydady

I think everyone is missing the obvious choice...

Disney owns the POWER RANGERS...

It's going to be Jetix land with Beyblades, Digimon and Power Ranger Dino Thunder

:hammer:

TTA_addict

harry potter does not belong in the MK period, just put it next ot the some of the other attractions,
winnie the pooh,peter pan, its a small world, on and HOGWARTS??????:veryconfu
not a good fit if you ask me.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Tenny317
I think it would be so incredible to have a Harry Potter attraction. Seriously it better be genious because if not you will have a lot of angry people hahah....However, I think this is a smart move because well Harry Potter is a very popular franchise. Smart move Disney....smart move

As someone else said, Harry Potter does not belong in the Magic Kingdom. Not every Disney movie or show has a ride here, so why just throw in a franchies that's just 10 years old (short for a book)? Not only that, the theme is way off.

Now lets hope they add Cleveland, Ohio to the world showcase.

Guys look beyond the fact you like Harry and look at the themeing, story, and everything else. So guys, how does Harry Potter fit into a French carnival themed Fantasyland? :confused:

1stStarIC2nite

I wouldn't necessairly mind seeing a HP attraction in the MK, but I wouldn't prefer it. I would much rather prefer a Toontown expansion and the addition of a Villain's area.

Btw, I think a clue that Disney does own the rights to HP is that on ABC (either last Sunday, this sunday, or some other sunday lol) one of the HP movies is on during the Wonderful World of Disney.

imagineer99

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
I wouldn't necessairly mind seeing a HP attraction in the MK, but I wouldn't prefer it. I would much rather prefer a Toontown expansion and the addition of a Villain's area.

Btw, I think a clue that Disney does own the rights to HP is that on ABC (either last Sunday, this sunday, or some other sunday lol) one of the HP movies is on during the Wonderful World of Disney.

If you watch carefully, they will be showing the first televised preview of M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village" during the moving showing. :D

Tell me something, why haven't we seen an M. Night Shyamalan effects, show, walkthrough in Disney-MGM? That would be inexpensive way to add fun things to do in the park.

rosie.ca

diagon alley would be cool in like a downtown disney ,,, magic shops,candy...clothes...

*sigh i wish i was better with the typing...*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom