HM rumors DEBUNKED!

The "rumors" are all due to "a friend of a friend who heard something about....". All we have to do is find that ONE friend and put an end to any more rumors. But in all honesty, a friend of mine told me that Walt Disney was frozen..........:lol:

JimboJones123

I still don't agree. ReDis still has some pretty good info.

Hopefully, he'll reply to this thread again soon to further enlighten us all.
Some people really find it so very important to prove such things. Reminds me very much of the story of Jebediah Springfield. Just remember WWLSD.

Buried20KLeague

Some people really find it so very important to prove such things. Reminds me very much of the story of Jebediah Springfield. Just remember WWLSD.

So wait. We should cut the head off the Partners statue, then play sax with bleeding gums Murphey? Whoa. I was waaayyyyy off about this whole thing. :lol:

Buried20KLeague

I still don't agree. ReDis still has some pretty good info.

Hopefully, he'll reply to this thread again soon to further enlighten us all.

It might be tough to refute absolute info that has been proven at this point, from sources no one questions... Including the all powerful Steve. :wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Wait a minute...

Are you using the "wave" smiley to give me the "middle finger"?! :mad:

Also, Steve isn't always accurate either, actually.

Why is this such an issue to you? Are you realy that much of a sad act? Move on theres nothing to see here.

Psssst its a theme park, part of an entertainment corporation, not a cure for cancer or middle east Intel.

polarboi

Tough call on that guy.
Some of what he said was correct, or at least very close.
Other stuff...not so much.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm not saying that everything he said was wrong... just that he's not reliable. He claimed to be an insider with direct knowledge of these projects, but he got this one really, really wrong, which means that either he made it up intentionally for giggles, or he got bad information from another source and isn't quite the insider he pretended to be.

Let's look at exactly what ReDis had to say about the HM in June:

Per request, here's a report on the pop-up ghosts in the attic scene at Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom. First of all, the entire scene right now is gone. The bride is being replaced, the pop-up ghosts and their mechanisms are gone... everything - gutted. The pop-ups are being replaced by new suitors who will operate at an angle so that they come towards the omnimovers before "disappearing." To compensate for the more startling appearance of these ghosts, the characters have been made made to look less frightful as they come towards you... during the day.

Then, a month later:

The pop-up ghosts are now gone in the Haunted Mansion attic scene. Unfortunately, the new ghosts were deemed too frightening because they "lunged" towards the vehicles. Although the plan had been to have their heads turned to a more comical face during the day, and only after dark have them turned to a more frightening face, the decision was made and that is that. You will be able to see these props in the graveyard scene, although they will be stationary and I am unaware of their determined location within that scene at this time.

And yet Lee tells us:

After my last post I contacted a source who confirmed my suspicions that the day/night thing was only a blue-sky sort of thing that would have worked for hard ticket events. Not put into the plans, not budgeted, nothing.

Then when someone posted a fake ride-through experience that mentioned effects that we now know weren't actually in the mansion, ReDis seemed to believe every word of it, and said:

By the way, when the guest mentions:

"Also, a lot of the popping up heads have been changed and look more comical than frightening now which was disappointing. A few of the heads now pop out directly at you instead of just into the air, which I wasn't expecting and made me jump."

Those are the pop-ups that were meant to go in the attic scene but were deemed too frightening for children. They're now much farther away in the graveyard scene. Also, if you'll look closely you may be able to see that the comical appearing heads have a frightening face on the back of their cranium... you can check my old posts to see what that was for.

And when questioned about the fact that his predictions (of which he supposedly had first-hand knowledge) didn't come true, ReDis didn't admit to getting any details wrong; he continues to insist that it was still true when he posted it in June:

The 2-faced pop-up ghosts were moved to the graveyard and were used to replace the old pop-ups (most of which were scrapped). The day/night changes were scrapped due to concerns about kids, though many of the affects (the bat audio) are now used for both day and night. All other statements I made were absolutely correct, and these were also correct although they changed and I discussed them as plans for the HM were changed during the refurb project.

Even though Lee tells us:
Everything that you see in the Mansion refurb was greenlit a year ago. Nothing was cut during the refurb.

And Steve tells us:
- there were no plans to ever have a day and night version.
- there are no backs to the popup heads with different faces...any of them.
- the popup heads are the exact same heads that were there before the rehab. They were not even touched.

So yeah, it looks like ReDis was really, really wrong on this one, and refuses to admit it. So either he doesn't have the firsthand knowledge he pretended to, or he likes making up extra details to get a reaction. Doesn't mean that all his info is bad; at the very least, he obviously reads a lot of rumor sites and quite possibly knows someone on the inside. But while his rumors are fun, they're clearly not reliably accurate. (Which is a shame, because some of the things he rumored sounded really cool... though at this point it looks like at least one of them was also completely made up.)

-p.b. :cool:

P.S. I'm not trying to be a spoilsport or jump all over any one person. I love the rumors as much as anyone. I just think it's important that we know when something is just a rumor and may not be 100% accurate, because otherwise we start expecting something that doesn't end up being in the final product, and people are disappointed that something was "changed" or "taken away" when it was never going to be there in the first place.

JimboJones123

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm not saying that everything he said was wrong... just that he's not reliable. He claimed to be an insider with direct knowledge of these projects, but he got this one really, really wrong, which means that either he made it up intentionally for giggles, or he got bad information from another source and isn't quite the insider he pretended to be.

Let's look at exactly what ReDis had to say about the HM in June:

Then, a month later:

And yet Lee tells us:

Then when someone posted a fake ride-through experience that mentioned effects that we now know weren't actually in the mansion, ReDis seemed to believe every word of it, and said:

And when questioned about the fact that his predictions (of which he supposedly had first-hand knowledge) didn't come true, ReDis didn't admit to getting any details wrong; he continues to insist that it was still true when he posted it in June:

Even though Lee tells us:

And Steve tells us:

So yeah, it looks like ReDis was really, really wrong on this one, and refuses to admit it. So either he doesn't have the firsthand knowledge he pretended to, or he likes making up extra details to get a reaction. Doesn't mean that all his info is bad; at the very least, he obviously reads a lot of rumor sites and quite possibly knows someone on the inside. But while his rumors are fun, they're clearly not reliably accurate. (Which is a shame, because some of the things he rumored sounded really cool... though at this point it looks like at least one of them was also completely made up.)

-p.b. :cool:

P.S. I'm not trying to be a spoilsport or jump all over any one person. I love the rumors as much as anyone. I just think it's important that we know when something is just a rumor and may not be 100% accurate, because otherwise we start expecting something that doesn't end up being in the final product, and people are disappointed that something was "changed" or "taken away" when it was never going to be there in the first place.
impressive :rolleyes:

CubsRock

Despite the evidence, I would still encourage ReDis to post his rumors, i enjoy reading the debates all of us have after the rumors are posted and you never know when somebody will have really reliable info!

The Mom

Premium Member
Why is this such an issue to you? Are you realy that much of a sad act? Move on theres nothing to see here.

Psssst its a theme park, part of an entertainment corporation, not a cure for cancer or middle east Intel.

He's absolutely right...it's just a theme park; relax! :lol: Thanks for the reality check, Pumba. :kiss:

Chezman1399

I'm sorry, but I don't believe there was ever any truth to two different versions of the HM. Not a bit. I'm not bashing you, either, by the way... Just the idea that it was ever on the table as a possibility.

And if it ever DID come up as a possibility, there was no way it got far enough for us to hear about it before someone said "wait a tic... we might scare the kids!!!!" :rolleyes:

The logistics alone would have basically made it impossible. Don't forget, during its massive re-build in 04-05, Disneyland planned for and built two different versions for their Space Mountain. Even put up a sign that had both versions built into it... But it was quickly figured out that there wasn't any easy way to make it work, and it was completely mothballed with the exception of a couple grad nights. And that was just a coaster. Nothing nearly as involved as the HM.

I also find it curious that this exact same rumor was floated around during Pirates' major refurb. "Scarier at night!" some said. HA! There was even some copy that came out supposedly from Disney that referenced that fact. That turned out to be complete poppycock, and on top of that the person that designed that copy fessed up to it on another Disney fan site. Interesting to me that the same exact rumor came up from those "in the know" about the Mansion.

Those that say they're "in the know", yet suggested two different versions of our Mansion lost a good amount of cred in my eyes when they said that.

And since then, I've seen all KINDS of backpedaling on earlier predictions by a handful as well. Of COURSE they've posted to say "things have changed, they're not doing this or that anymore". What else would they do?

People on here know some HM Butlers, I'm sure. I'd be interested to see what they find if they look on the back of the pop-up heads. The pop-up heads that have the same face on them as 30 years ago. My guess? They'd see the same thing they've always seen for 30 years. :lol:

But just take my post with a grain of salt. :wave:

I was just saying what I thought I remembered reading on here at one time. I didn't honestly believe they would have two versions either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom