HM rumors DEBUNKED!

raven

Rumors don't have to be true

Space Mountain will be closed starting in January for an extensive rehab which will replace the track and vehicles. The new track will feature 2 inversions and have a soundtrack like Disneyland. The queue area will be enclosed and a new launch system will be in place.

WE have been working very hard to update this attraction and WE will be testing it in January 2009 with OUR official openning being April 2009.

Take a little sugur with your salt.

bauton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJones123
Really, you can now bring a ghost home now for real!! That's awesome, I'm so glad they did all these updates. How much bat feces would there be anyways?

Um...that's guano. :animwink:

Don't they make gun powder out of bat quano? Maybe Disney will be making their own ammo for the Pirates and the dueling ghosts?

PintoColvig

Space Mountain will be closed starting in January for an extensive rehab which will replace the track and vehicles. The new track will feature 2 inversions and have a soundtrack like Disneyland. The queue area will be enclosed and a new launch system will be in place.

WE have been working very hard to update this attraction and WE will be testing it in January 2009 with OUR official openning being April 2009.

So THIS is how a rumor is started.

This better be spot on because after the Space Mtn. rehab is over, I promise I will quote you and hold you accountable. :drevil:

Buried20KLeague

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Thank goodness I won't be questioning whatever I hear!!! :lol:

I think a big part of a rumor forum is trying to figure out whether or not the rumors are true. I'm not sure why that's a big problem for some. :shrug: To me, that's all part of the fun of the boards.

imagineer boy

So yeah, it looks like ReDis was really, really wrong on this one, and refuses to admit it. So either he doesn't have the firsthand knowledge he pretended to, or he likes making up extra details to get a reaction. Doesn't mean that all his info is bad; at the very least, he obviously reads a lot of rumor sites and quite possibly knows someone on the inside. But while his rumors are fun, they're clearly not reliably accurate. (Which is a shame, because some of the things he rumored sounded really cool... though at this point it looks like at least one of them was also completely made up.)

-p.b. :cool:

P.S. I'm not trying to be a spoilsport or jump all over any one person. I love the rumors as much as anyone. I just think it's important that we know when something is just a rumor and may not be 100% accurate, because otherwise we start expecting something that doesn't end up being in the final product, and people are disappointed that something was "changed" or "taken away" when it was never going to be there in the first place.

So you went through all that to prove Redis only got a couple of minor details wrong? mmmkay.

Really?
When was Steve wrong last?

I think I can recall something a long time ago where steve posted somthing that ended up being wrong, but I really can't remember. I don't know, maybe its just my imagination.

Buried20KLeague

Really?
When was Steve wrong last?

When he posted a link on the main page to the now-known-to-be-bogus Haunted Mansion review... That's what I had in my head when I said that.

Although that's not his info. That's him pointing to bad info. So I suppose that's debatable. :shrug:

Buried20KLeague

Yeah...I'll give him a pass on that one. That can happen to anybody.
Stuff coming straight from Steve is pretty much always solid.

Agreed.

That was just what popped into my head as I typed that. Beyond that, I can't really think of anything else right off.

jmvd20

So you went through all that to prove Redis only got a couple of minor details wrong? mmmkay.

Minor details or not they were still wrong...

When someone claims that they are on the inside and get even minor details wrong it calls all of their claims into question.

How many times did he imply that he was directly involved in these things, stating things like "we" put these in the mansion, "I" placed a hidden Mickey in SSE etc...

Amazing that so many regulars will bash most people posting rumors yet he has gotten a free pass and even been defended by many people.

No matter, he is great at compiling lists of all available rumors from the numerous Disney site and placing them all into one post. That is fine and dandy - just don't claim to be something you are not and you will not run the risk of being called out...

DisneyNut2007

No matter, he is great at compiling lists of all available rumors from the numerous Disney site and placing them all into one post. That is fine and dandy - just don't claim to be something you are not and you will not run the risk of being called out...

FYI, ReDis does not do that! Most of the stuff that he reports is stuff that's never been heard before.

It's likely that they might've replaced the graveyard pop-ups during the rehab, with ones that look very identical to the ones that were there before the renovation. After all, they replace AAs, props, etc. with identical-looking ones from time to time, so the one that was in the attraction previously can go to the shop for maintenance and repairs if needed.

Also, I just did a little bit of observing of a pop-up ghoul and it seems that there's a second "cranium" (as ReDis called them) behind the faces that we actually see, hiding what would've been the "scary" faces. Also, they don't have eyes in their sockets, which could've been intentional to keep them comical in the day and make the eyes more visible at night. It's tough to describe. Hopefully, ReDis might be able to elaborate on this a little further...

raven

When I first replied in those original threads by Redis that I didn't believe his credibility or rumors I kept getting slammed by members believing he was for real. I kept saying that his posts simply don't sound realistic but people still sent me cyberhoss. Now some of those members are trying to say "I never believed him in the first place." :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom