HM rumors DEBUNKED!

polarboi

Everything that you see in the Mansion refurb was greenlit a year ago. Nothing was cut during the refurb.

Just some info the maybe clarify a few points that have been raised in this thread.

This comes directly from people involved in the project, who really do know what they are talking about!

- there were no plans to ever have a day and night version.
- there are no backs to the popup heads with different faces...any of them.
- the popup heads are the exact same heads that were there before the rehab. They were not even touched.

If that's true, then I'm afraid it puts the final nail in the coffin regarding the question of ReDis's reliability. Gotta give him credit, though; he's gotta be pretty darn smart. Those tidbits of "insider information" were perfectly crafted to be believable, and he got a lot of people who don't normally fall for these things.

-p.b. :cool:

JimboJones123

Everything that you see in the Mansion refurb was greenlit a year ago. Nothing was cut during the refurb.
The gift shop was discussed, but never made the final plan.
On-ride photo....I heard it mentioned way back, but don't know what ever became of it. Seemed like a good idea to me, but could have been cut when they decided against the shop. Need someplace to sell them...

As for the "scarier at night"...I don't know. I did hear talk of putting that capability in, but for use on special occasions (MNSSHP, etc.), not as a nightly thing. Honestly I don't know if the new props are in there or not...I'll ask around.

The gargoyles thing was purely someone's misunderstanding.

Nah...that was just a carryover rumor from the DL refurb when they were actually considering the "Pirates of the Scare-ibbean" concept. Never made it off the boards at DL...never did at WDW either. Cool rumor though, based in at least a pinch of fact.

Whoa, did Lee just debunk the debunk? Will anybody debunk the debunking of the debunk? Thus leaving themselves open for debunkification of their debunk of the debunking of the debunk? This thread is becoming very interesting. Keep it up y'all!

Lee

Adventurer
If that's true, then I'm afraid it puts the final nail in the coffin regarding the question of ReDis's reliability. Gotta give him credit, though; he's gotta be pretty darn smart. Those tidbits of "insider information" were perfectly crafted to be believable, and he got a lot of people who don't normally fall for these things.

Tough call on that guy.
Some of what he said was correct, or at least very close.
Other stuff...not so much.

The two-faced heads....not looking good.
After my last post I contacted a source who confirmed my suspicions that the day/night thing was only a blue-sky sort of thing that would have worked for hard ticket events. Not put into the plans, not budgeted, nothing.

sissa216

Whoa, did Lee just debunk the debunk? Will anybody debunk the debunking of the debunk? Thus leaving themselves open for debunkification of their debunk of the debunking of the debunk? This thread is becoming very interesting. Keep it up y'all!

:hammer:
seems more like he backed it up

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In the grand scheme of things the size of the warb dangler and the number of wet sprockets needing toed isnt going to make the number of legs on a turkey increase.

Buried20KLeague

Tough call on that guy.
Some of what he said was correct, or at least very close.
Other stuff...not so much.

The two-faced heads....not looking good.
After my last post I contacted a source who confirmed my suspicions that the day/night thing was only a blue-sky sort of thing that would have worked for hard ticket events. Not put into the plans, not budgeted, nothing.

Eh. For me it was a tough call with the first posts. Now it taken care of itself, I think. :rolleyes:

One can be pretty convincing by compiling different things you find on different Disney fan sites... Combine that with potentially one or two actual bits of real "insider" info you've come across one way or another, and there ya go.

Capt. Salty

Direct quote from somebody who really does know what's going on (no, i am not going to name names)

"90% of everything you read on the internet (concerning Disney) is schlock."
"schlock"...hmmm
"schlock?"...
is he any relation to an "insider?"
OOOHHHH...Mr. Schlock!!!
beam me up Scotty!
:eek:

tirian

Ditto. That's what took me so long to add a reply to this board, too. (Especially after the YoaMD debacle, I wanted to verify EVERYTHING!) :D

Like you and I already said, the only rumor that was ever considered was a gift shop, and that was more of a thought than a real plan.

DisneyNut2007

-p.b. :cool:

I still don't agree. ReDis still has some pretty good info.

Hopefully, he'll reply to this thread again soon to further enlighten us all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom