HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

TinkerBell9988

Is Captain EO doing well at Disneyland? I would think parents would not want their kids going there knowing about Michael Jackson.

Just saw EO at Disneyland on Sunday... full house at 1 pm, and the entire audience applauded when Michael Jackson appeared on the screen. Clapping during songs, etc. People even loved the "effects", like the moving seats, etc.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful performance. :)

disneysroyal411

I thing these MJ jokes are funny, but are starting to get a little over rated. Can we calm down with them please. I hope I'm not coming off as a Debbie Downer, but he did die recently and I'm sure he had troubles that led to his problems. All in all you should feel a little bad for him other then the fact he had a ton of money and was reported of something he did/didn't do.

_Scar

No' Elton John has talent.

You should hear the other version of Paparazzi. You know, the one that boy did that went viral? She did it first and it was AMAZING.

Lady Gaga can sing her a** off. Probably the best live singer I've ever heard.

disneysroyal411

You should hear the other version of Paparazzi. You know, the one that boy did that went viral? She did it first and it was AMAZING.

Thank you! Someone else thats not related to me that gets it! Elton John still beats her on piano though. Once again, amazing live concert! "Candy and ronnie have you seen em yet, Oooh but they're so spaced out! Bennie and the Jets! O but they're weird and they're so wonderful, say Bennie she's a really keen! She's got electric boots, a mohair suit! You know I read it in a magazine wa oh hooooo. Bah bah bah Bennie and the jets!" So amazing.:sohappy:

HMF

May I recall how Elton used to dress? .
Hey' this is a Disney forum. Why should we criticise people who dress up like Donald Duck.
sir-elton-john.jpg

_Scar

I'd rather see celebrities go wacky with fashion rather than try to be all perfect or overly word-for-someone-very-active like Paris Hilton or the Kardashians.

It's nice to see stars like Rihanna and Gaga use their own style.

.... (here's my attempt at bringing it back to EO :p)

And speaking of styles, Michael Jackson has a lot of fun and sometimes weird styles. From the glove to those weird masks. lol

the-reason14

Yes as weird as she is and dresses, people have to admit she has talent. But supposedly she's in this secret society...................................well thats for another thread and another time. :lookaroun

Swfewrmco

Just saw EO at Disneyland on Sunday... full house at 1 pm, and the entire audience applauded when Michael Jackson appeared on the screen. Clapping during songs, etc. People even loved the "effects", like the moving seats, etc.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful performance. :)

True, but that's Disneyland. Whole other animal than WDW. The locals run the place, and it's their tastes that dictate the overabundance of old-time references that DL gets (EO returns, original Tiki Room stays, Lincoln and castle walkthrough return, tying in the new water show to Walt's old Sunday night show, turning the front of DCA into a big tribute to Walt's era).

Will EO play to bigger crowds than HISTA? Probably, but that's not too hard. I just wouldn't expect massive crowds at all hours of the day. Most people will probably stumble upon it. No early morning line-ups at Epcot's front gate on opening day, I can assure you.

Now to return you to the boring and off-topic discussion about Elton vs. Gaga. :brick:

Area 4

Will EO play to bigger crowds than HISTA? Probably, but that's not too hard. I just wouldn't expect massive crowds at all hours of the day. Most people will probably stumble upon it. No early morning line-ups at Epcot's front gate on opening day, I can assure you.

I think you are underestimating the hordes of locals, cast members, and ex-cast members who will descend upon Epcot on opening day. Myself included, perhaps :wave:

Swfewrmco

I think you are underestimating the hordes of locals, cast members, and ex-cast members who will descend upon Epcot on opening day. Myself included, perhaps :wave:

Prove me wrong, but again, I don't think that MJ and EO is going to elicit the same response that DL got. MJ is more closely tied to SoCal and the local AP folks who make up the loyal followers of DL. It will be busy at WDW, but there aren't going to be folks camped out at 5 AM in front of Spaceship Earth to catch the first EO showing.

RSoxNo1

Believe me, the touchLESS aren't funny any more. I'm all for Michael Jackson jokes (although this probably isn't the best forum for it), but show some creativity - don't keep rehashing jokes that others have already made.

the-reason14

For the record, MJ had fans all over the world. That's why EO was popular at DLP as it was at DL. So I would assume it would also be popular at Epcot. I guess we will all find out soon. :D

_Scar

Believe me, the touchLESS aren't funny any more. I'm all for Michael Jackson jokes (although this probably isn't the best forum for it), but show some creativity - don't keep rehashing jokes that others have already made.

Well, pedophilia is pretty serious business.

As a relatively young boy, the guy freaks me out. :lol:

It's not really joking either, more of looking at what probably happened. :lookaroun

This must have been brought up like 3 times so far lol, is this thread in a constant loop?

Animaniac93-98

Any news on what in-theatre effects might be used for Epcot's EO Martin? I'm glad to hear a restoration was actually done to EO so new prints (for DLP and obviously Epcot and TDL) wont look so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom