Hint of the Next Celebration

tirian

No, that ad is not from 2005; but like most of Disney's recent marketing, it is a collection of images they have overused for the last five years. (For example, many of the WDW execs are annoyed with Yellow Shoes for recycling the same material every year; but I won't say more than that.)

Anyway, this press conference will definitely be worth watching. I haven't heard anything more substantial than a lot of rumors, but it seems like it's going to be big news.

As for Epcot's 25th, the only concrete information I know is that at one time, marketing was seriously considering a decent (but not huge), retro-themed event. I honestly don't know how far it has developed, since that's not my department; but the retro concept was really popular for a while.

KrazyKemp

I, personally, am very interested to see what this is all about...

At first, I thought it was the Princess - Pirates subject that has been brought up before...

But then I see that it says "A monumental evening of announcements"

Very intruiging, indeed...

Skippy

Oh the anticipation. I'm quite intrigued, but the information right now is lacking, come on Steve, know anything about this?

AEfx

I've been saying for awhile that, obviously, one "celebration" would follow another.

People keep talking about Epcot's 25th...are people forgetting that WDW is 35 this year? It's not the biggest of milestones, but they certainly did go all out at Disneyland's 35th. Any excuse for a marketing event...er, "celebration".

My guess is they'll roll them all up into one, and the marketing people will be extremely happy that they don't have to focus on DLR or the awkward phrasing of "Celebrating 50 years of Disney Theme Parks Around The World".

As to announcements, I don't really expect anything we don't already know about; but it would be a nice surprise.

AEfx

matthope03

So I know this is going to sound greedy but if HCOE ends in October and this new marketing campaign starts in January that means there is nothing for November and December? I realize the Christmas festivities will be going on but I want a celebration or something darn it!

Skippy

I don't know how much 'back to back' the celebrations usually are, but taking a two month break would make sense if they want to make a smooth transition to get all the advertisements switched around the parks.

But I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to this.

animay

I'll be happy if we just get some retro EPCOT merchandise out of this.

They produced so much beautiful stuff through the Disney catalog for Disneyland's 50th. Stuff like that would be wonderful.

SirNim

matthope03 said:
So I know this is going to sound greedy but if HCOE ends in October and this new marketing campaign starts in January that means there is nothing for November and December? I realize the Christmas festivities will be going on but I want a celebration or something darn it!
Heck, personally I'm sick of all the special "celebrations" and hoopla that I'd be rather grateful to visit WDW without some sort of commercial tagline/motto following me around everywhere.

speck76

FYI.....Disney trademarked a line of merchandise a few years back

Word Mark WALT DISNEY'S RETRO DISNEY BRAND
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Bathing suits; beachwear; belts; cloth bibs for babies; underwear; sweaters; Halloween costumes; dresses; gloves; hats; caps; hosiery; infant wear; jackets; mittens; pajamas; pants; sweat pants; sweat shirts; shirts; shoes; shorts; sleepers; socks; T-shirts; tank tops; tights; vests; jerseys; scarves; neckties; robes; night shirts; night gowns; head bands; wrist bands; skirts; coats; leotards; leg warmers; stockings; panty hose; athletic shoes; slippers; boots; sandals; rainwear
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78303089
Filing Date September 19, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition April 26, 2005
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Attorney of Record Joe Quigley
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE BRAND APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Other Data Walt Disney does not identify a particular living individual
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

HoW

Something I've not seen mentioned yet, and I am throwing this out there only as food for thought. But, if this is indeed property-wide then the new "dream" theme could either tie-in the return of the Dreamfinder, or account for the recent rumors of the return of the Dreamfinder.

Skippy

If we don't get anything for Epcot's 25th, I hope that they'll at least announce that there will be nothing, so there isn't all this hope and speculation building up.

cdunbar

I hope they go all retro I mean that would be awesome or if they did something like had a night where people could buy an additional ticket for like an '80's themed party and u could dress up and do different things basically like the halloween and christmas parties they have at MK but slighty different:D

worfbb77

Ok I know What It Is...

I know someone who knows someone that overherd in the cafe. that the big announcment is....

PROJECT GEMINI.....

Only kidding this wait is going to kill me though.

ssidiouss@mac.c

HoW said:
Something I've not seen mentioned yet, and I am throwing this out there only as food for thought. But, if this is indeed property-wide then the new "dream" theme could either tie-in the return of the Dreamfinder, or account for the recent rumors of the return of the Dreamfinder.

I hope your right.. .they did say DREAM.. could they be hinting at the dreamfinder?? hmM!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom