Hint of the Next Celebration

speck76

8<:-) said:
The happiest celebration/homecoming on EARTH will be difficult to follow hype-wise.

Though I now they will pull it off somehow.

-thedisneycast
Which is why I don't think another anniversary will be sufficient.....they need to look in another direction....not fall back to what has been done before...

PintoColvig

I'd hate to see them neglect Epcot's 25th. Anniversaries on the 25s (25th, 50th, 75th, 100th) should be special and recognized. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they give it a pass since the HCOE was such a huge deal. Besides, if this announcement is primarily for Epcot, wouldn't they make the announcement at Epcot? Why hold the press conference in New York? Is this for Wall Street's sake? Has Disney made park related announcements in NYC before? Seems to me that it will be something that relates to Disney resorts world wide.

cdunbar

Mars, huh, well that would deff be unique I wonder if they will offer a monarail from both CA and FL to reach this newest attraction, lol:lol:

wannab@dis

SkipKid said:
I'm surprised we only got news of this two days before it actually happening
I'm not so sure this is as big a deal as some are making. Usually a big press event is known prior to a couple of days before it happens. Also, All Ears usually attends press events and mentions it prior to the event. I've not seen this "event" listed anywhere except this thread. Of course, I've not checked the other forums, but many of the sites would have mentioned it by now.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

SirNim

SkipKid said:
Unless they decide to open a park on like... mars or something....:lookaroun
Don't laugh!... :lookaroun

That's in the pipeline for 2176, the 400th anniversary of the USA...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
I'm not so sure this is as big a deal as some are making. Usually a big press event is known prior to a couple of days before it happens. Also, All Ears usually attends press events and mentions it prior to the event. I've not seen this "event" listed anywhere except this thread. Of course, I've not checked the other forums, but many of the sites would have mentioned it by now.

Again, DL has known about this announcement for a week or so, with their cast-TV saying everyone should tune in for the special event live coverage.

JimboJones123

If it were a big event, the media from around the nation would have been invited. That takes weeks to plan all the travel arangements. It won't be anything too huge.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mousermerf said:
Again, DL has known about this announcement for a week or so, with their cast-TV saying everyone should tune in for the special event live coverage.
Will it be covered nationally on ABC or just on cast-tv?

prberk

SirNim said:
Heck, personally I'm sick of all the special "celebrations" and hoopla that I'd be rather grateful to visit WDW without some sort of commercial tagline/motto following me around everywhere.

I completely agree. Like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," too many marketing celebrations in a row make subsequent ones meaningless. We have a furniture store in our area (Haynes) that is a joke to most people now, because they seem to ALWAYS be having the BEST SALE THEY EVER HAD this Saturday... until the next one, next Saturday. So, everyone knows you really don't need to rush to Haynes: just wait until their next "biggest sale in our history" and buy what you want then.

All they need to do for a while is traditional advertising and travel marketing -- "celebrate" the resort itself by highlighting what it has -- like skiing, character breakfasts, golf, family fun, theme park fun -- in regular commercials. Not to mention a few discount specials for off season.

Paul

speck76

prberk said:
I completely agree. Like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," too many marketing celebrations in a row make subsequent ones meaningless. We have a furniture store in our area (Haynes) that is a joke to most people now, because they seem to ALWAYS be having the BEST SALE THEY EVER HAD this Saturday... until the next one, next Saturday. So, everyone knows you really don't need to rush to Haynes: just wait until their next "biggest sale in our history" and buy what you want then.

All they need to do for a while is traditional advertising and travel marketing -- "celebrate" the resort itself by highlighting what it has -- like skiing, character breakfasts, golf, family fun, theme park fun -- in regular commercials. Not to mention a few discount specials for off season.

Paul
great post....

We have "Rooms to Go" here in FL, it is a furniture store.....they used to have ads "hurry in for no payments/interest for 1 whole year"....but the promo never ended, until it became 18 months, then 2 years, and so on.....it is such a long period of time now before you have to pay for the furniture, you may not even have it when the bill comes due.

Anyway...back to my point...."The Happiest Celebration on Earth" can not be topped.....it was the Happiest Celebration, how can anything be happier? The two options are 1. do nothing or 2. do something completely different, which is most likely the course that will be taken......

A few years from now, after something completely different is done for a while, people were forget just how happy they were during "The Happiest Celebration on Earth" and they can advertise "More Happiness than You Could Ever Imagine", and they will be right :D

NeverlandCub

I think very little mystery remains as to what this event is about. Here is the description again:

This event will be hosted by Jay Rasulo and Michael Mendenhall, the big Marketing honcho for Disney Parks & Resorts around the world. They will be outlining the post-50th marketing plans for '07 with the global tagline "Year Of A Million Dreams". The specific tagline used for Disneyland will be "Where Dreams Come True". This is similar to the 50th deal where the overall global celebration was "The Happiest Celebration On Earth", but the Disneyland-specific tagline was "The Happiest Homecoming On Earth". Seperate, but equal.

The new dreams marketing campaign is going to play up the "unique experiences" you can have at a Disney theme park, and how your dreams come true when you visit a Disney property. Tentative plans for Disneyland call for families being plucked out of the crowd and given special priveleges or experiences for the day. The plans call for simple little things like riding in the Mark Twain wheelhouse, to bigger things that involve monetary value like free VIP hotel stays, complimentary ice cream sundaes, complimentary private dinner with a Princess, language lessons in how to speak like a pirate, attraction backdoor priveleges for the day, complimentary admission media, etc. As if at any time just by being at Disneyland you can be picked out of the crowd and your dreams can come true.

The insider on the other message board indicated that this marketing press conference would not announce future attractions, other than the ones already announced like Finding Nemo, etc.

Here is the press itinerary:

• June 6
    • Arrive at the Soho Grand Hotel from LGA around 10:00 p.m.
  • June 7
    • Morning until 4:00 p.m. - Have fun around the area
    • We will meet around 4:00 p.m. for dinner at The Gallery and for credentials distribution
    • The Press Event is from 6:00 -9:00 p.m.
      • Dress Code is trendy professional (no t-shirts, no jeans, no shorts)
    • Interview with Mickey Monitor Editor around 8:00 p.m.
    • Departure to the hotel around 10:00 p.m.
  • June 8
    • Meet for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. location TBD
    • Depart to LGA at around 10:00 a.m.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
prberk said:

Paul
We had a furniture store here in Jacksonville that had a similar tactic. They ran a nearly 8 year long "going out of business sale". :rolleyes:

I to could use a break from celebrating but a celebration does supply a tag line for a new advertising campaign and judging by the steadily increasing attendance numbers it is working. I guess we have to realize that in the average persons head, Disney does not encompass every waking thought unlike it does in ours. What we see as repetitive marketing the general population sees as the next new thing.

netenyahoo

The press intinerary mentions Disneyland and people being picked to have their dreams come true which is really great. Obviously this is a global thing though, so will the other parks be doing the same thing?

Chape19714

wannab@dis said:

Yet Editior Dep Wills was able to report the All Star Suites did not open, indicating she is indeed in Orlando.

WhyteAL

speck76 said:
great post....

We have "Rooms to Go" here in FL, it is a furniture store.....they used to have ads "hurry in for no payments/interest for 1 whole year"....but the promo never ended, until it became 18 months, then 2 years, and so on.....it is such a long period of time now before you have to pay for the furniture, you may not even have it when the bill comes due.
:D

HEY! this is how I got my bedroom set thank you very much. Rooms to go...LOL

Still paying for that thing its been like over 4 years. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom