Hint of the Next Celebration

well with cars coming out on the 9th maybe this is to announce that they will be changing the speedway over to a cars theme and complete the fantasy land east convertion.

Teenchy

bruiser659 said:
Thats an ad from 2005!

Are you saying this is an old ad that someone is trying to push off on us as something new...and in just 2 days?

I'm surprised that more people are not questioning the accuracy of this post even with the attachment. I'm so use to everyone saying that posts like these are rumors etc.

Can anyone tell what the rest of the invite says from their computer? What does it say right next to the word Disney? Is that Paris?

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist...but something this big seems wierd that its just being announced 2 days before?

NeverlandCub

No, IMHO this has to be something much more then a ride related announcement (especially a refurb). The wording on the announcement suggests a large scale, multi park experience. It could be a new show to replace wishes/remember as the 50th comes to a close...

What is the logo on the bottom of the invite? Disney Parks? I don't remember seeing that logo before...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*sigh* No, no conspiracy.

The blog is from an AP entertainment/Pop culture writer. The date is current.

The meeting has been known to DL for about a week, as it's being advertised as a "must see" on their cast TV.

WDW fans simply didn't know much about it until now.

NeverlandCub

Teenchy said:
Are you saying this is an old ad that someone is trying to push off on us as something new...and in just 2 days?

I do find the late notice suprising but I do not question the acuracy, this is an AP blog not a fan site.

NeverlandCub

mousermerf said:
The meeting has been known to DL for about a week, as it's being advertised as a "must see" on their cast TV.

You must know more, you are killing me here. So does that mean the announcement is happening at DL? Is it press only? and what logo is that?

Teenchy

NeverlandCub said:
You must know more, you are killing me here. So does that mean the announcement is happening at DL? Is it press only? and what logo is that?

Yes Mousemerf , Mousemerf please let us know! You know we wont be able to sleep the next 2 days unless we dig up some more information.

Any CM's out there in the know, that dont mind risking their jobs with a little leak? Hey they do this in my hometown of Wash. D.C. all the time and no one ever seems to lose their job..."The power of the incumbent"!:hammer:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*shakes magic 8-Ball vigorously*

"I see new name tags in the future."

That's all I got kids, and that's just an educated guess.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, they're working to make Parks and Resort a global division which acts with some unity. This is essentially jay's job... err go this event with a global celebration.. and thus the rumor that it's him trying to save his job.

If he can't prove the parks can work as a unit and aren't better off operating independantly, well, he's out of a job as the head of the supposed division.

Tom

Beta Return
I used my CSI-type Photoshop skills and did some digging and enhancing of the image, and here's what I see.....

A castle poking through the clouds and a lot of small text.

Hmmm.....something fishy going on here....:lookaroun

speck76

Word Mark WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE
Goods and Services IC 020. US 002 013 022 025 032 050. G & S: Jewelry boxes not made of precious metals; picture frames; sleeping bags; mirrors; badges; pillows; furniture
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78879125
Filing Date May 8, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91301
Attorney of Record Barbara Quinn
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Goods and Services IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: Toiletries, cosmetics, dentifrices
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78879129
Filing Date May 8, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91301
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Goods and Services IC 018. US 001 002 003 022 041. G & S: Articles made from leather and imitations of leather, and not included in other classes; bags; tote bags; wallets; purses; backpacks; diaper bags; shopping bags; leather key chains; luggage; umbrellas
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78879113
Filing Date May 8, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education and entertainment services
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78879116
Filing Date May 8, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Goods and Services IC 024. US 042 050. G & S: Fabric goods; bed linen; table linen; bath linen; textile articles not included in other classes
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78879121
Filing Date May 8, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Streett Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Goods and Services IC 021. US 002 013 023 029 030 033 040 050. G & S: Dinnerware; glassware; beverageware; housewares; coasters; removable insulators for drink cans and bottles; household containers; lunch kits consisting of lunch boxes and insulated containers; trays; hair brushes and hair combs; toothbrushes; figurines; plastic cups; cookie jars; paper cups; paper plates; wastebaskets; wind chimes; thermal insulated containers; cookie jars; tea kettles; trays
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78879122
Filing Date May 8, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

speck76

Word Mark DISNEY PARKS
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, footwear, headwear
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78893351
Filing Date May 25, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

NeverlandCub

I don't wanna dig too deep into the Disney Parks thing because I assume that it is just a small side to what is coming on Wednesday but I don't think they own disneyparks.com which is interesting. The address listed on the domain registration is:

Meyers, Jared (aol email address)
Online Holdings
PO Box 470367
Celebration, Florida 34747
United States

The phone connects through to a voicemail at a place called Celebrity Resorts (http://www.celebrityresorts.com/). I guess they don't need it for anything really but strange that they don't own an address that they now have a word mark for.

bassman

this whole new celebration sound interesting,if it happens.
if it does,could we see a few more ground breaking,revolutionary ride concepts in the rather near future.hmmmmm?

NeverlandCub

Oh yeah and the "Where dreams come true" thing? Yawn. Talk about beating a dead horse. I'm hoping for a more innovative campaign then that. Dreams = Wishes with your eyes closed :)

Biff215

From http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

Rumor has it...new worldwide Disney marketing event TBA on June 7?
Disney's being very secretive about a June 7 media event in NYC. We've heard Disney will announce the successor program to the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" marketing campaign that's scheduled to end in October 2006.

Supposedly titled something like "A Year of a Million Dreams," the idea is that every day in 2007, a number of Disney resort guests will be selected to have their Disney dreams come true. (Note to you fellas: it does not involve canoodling with Ariel.) If what we hear is true, expect giveaways like free meals, toys, special seating for parades and shows, and more.

Of course, we could be completely wrong about all this. But we will have someone at this invitation-only media event, and we'll have the details for you as soon as they're announced.
Posted 2006-06-05

brkgnews

I don't doubt the authenticity of it, but I do have to say that this media teaser seems a bit "low-rent" compared to others in the past. This looks like little more than a folded shiny paper thing, just like a park map. They sent us a press mailer about a rather simple survey about America's character preferences, and it was much more complex than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom