Hint of the Next Celebration

ROFLOL I love rooms to go ads. in fact I had a great laugh this last week with them. They have been running an ads on tv here in tampa talking about them opening there 100 somethingith store and its a milestone for them. So come to find out that they closed down another store in tampa and moved all the crap from it to this new one so in reality they really didnt have a 100 something stores open cus they closed on of them down.

wannab@dis

Chape19714 said:
Yet Editior Dep Wills was able to report the All Star Suites did not open, indicating she is indeed in Orlando.
I'm a little confused now... maybe this is a video conference event?

The itenerary posted earlier appears to be for NYC, not WDW.

Edit... :hammer:

Chape19714

The New Your event is for July, not June. It will probally be all over, as the release mentions Disney Worldwide Parks and Resorts. We will see tomorrow.

DisneyRoxMySox

There is a lot of great specualtion on these boards.

Does anyone think that the event tomorrow is for another great celebration, however, the celebration won't start for a few years?

I am very excited to hear about this news and hopefully the stcok value will rise due to the announcement, buy your stock now!

djronnieb

I have a feeling that since it say, "will be a monumental evening of Disney announcements " that they will annouce Epcot's 25th and that they are un-freezing Walt to join in the celebrations and build the city of Epcot as Walt wanted it, and what a better man to direct the project then Uncle Walt himself!

cdunbar

Wow it would be really intersting to hear walt talk about things he wanted to do but never thought could be done, golly I hope it is about unfreezing Walt, lol:lol:

olive10tails

I have been reading this thread for the past couple of days trying to gather an opinion on it. I personally don't understand how no one except the original poster has heard a lick of any announcement. It seems to me it is going to be something incredibly low-key and quite a let-down. Believe me, I am the last one who hopes it is, but posting something about a big announcement 2 days before it is supposed to occur?? Why would they send it folded up like a poster as well? It seems that it would be more formal. I guess we shall see tomorrow. If I am wrong I will eat my words, but it seems unlikely for anything monumental to be announced; just my 2 cents.

ssidiouss@mac.c

djronnieb said:
I have a feeling that since it say, "will be a monumental evening of Disney announcements " that they will annouce Epcot's 25th and that they are un-freezing Walt to join in the celebrations and build the city of Epcot as Walt wanted it, and what a better man to direct the project then Uncle Walt himself!

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Skippy

I agree Olive. If this announcement is going to be "monumental" why doesn't it feel that way. sigh. tomorrow night anyway, i'll be waiting for news.

Number_6

JimboJones123 said:
If it were a big event, the media from around the nation would have been invited. That takes weeks to plan all the travel arangements.

Not necessarily. If you are trying to keep something hush-hush until the time you unveil it, but you want to hold a big media event, NYC is a wonderful choice. Think about it, you have major offices and studios for ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CNN, etc all there, along with major newspapers. The AP has offices in New York and alot of newspapers across the country acutally get their stories sent to them by AP reporters if they don't have anyone actually onscene for the event. Reporters from the major networks that go out will be able to send a news packet to all local affiliates across the country, this is not unusual. If news outlets want to send their own reporters, it's actually done all the time when there is a major story happening somewhere. If something happens in the morning in Illinois, you can be certain that by the evening news on the East Coast, most stations will have one of their reporters onscene covering the latest developments, or will have access to a reporter from an affiliate in Illinois that will report for them as well.

Now bear in mind, I'm not saying that this is definitely what is happening, only illustrating how it is possible to hold an event like this on what seems like short notice. As long as Disney has had the event planned out in advance and booked the necessary function areas and transportation for the media, they could send the invitations out anywhere more than a day in advance and still get a pretty darn good turnout. As far as when these invitations were received, it could have been a week or more ago for all we know and there may have been a note attatched saying "Do not reveal to public until X date." Again, not saying there was, just pointing out how things could happen.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Disney is building a train across the United States from Disneyland to Walt Disney World. You didn't hear it from me though.

1stStarIC2nite

Well, by this time tomorrow we'll all know. I personally think they'll be announcing 100% egyptian cotton sheets in all resort rooms... that's monumental if you ask me :D :sohappy:

speck76

1stStarIC2nite said:
Well, by this time tomorrow we'll all know. I personally think they'll be announcing 100% egyptian cotton sheets in all resort rooms... that's monumental if they ask me :D :sohappy:
comfortable too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom