Hint of the Next Celebration

This might be a rumor that I have been hearing, but.....I heard Disney is buying Universal Studios so they can bulldoze it for a parking lot!:animwink:

Scar

Part of it sounds like an "Official" official announcement for the hard ticket princess and pirates events.

1stStarIC2nite

^^^ That's what I was going to say... I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than the formal announcement of the Pirates and Princess events...

Lee

Adventurer
The promotion is "Where Dreams Come True"...or something like that.

Not sure what, if any, attraction announcements will be made.

speck76

Keep in mind these fun little celebrations are nothing more than a marketing campaign to draw people to the parks.

Following up the 50th of Disneyland with the 25th of Epcot is not a strong message.....

speck76

bhg469 said:
But woulden't you want that to make the next one so much more exciting?
How do you top HCOE?

What is bigger than the celebration of the creation of the modern theme park?

I don't think it can be topped.....I think they need to head in another direction.

WDW has never followed an anniversary with an anniversary, and has only ever celebrated the anniversary of the complex, not of the individual parks (although MK's anniversary is the same as the complex)....marketing 1 park while ignoring the other 3 would/could lead to competition between the parks.....keeping in mind that the vast majority of visitors do not attend each park during their visit. The last thing WDW needs to do is compete with themselves.

Looking back since 2001
Walt's 100th (property-wide mass marketing)
Magical Gatherings (targeted large groups/reunions)
HCOE (property-wide mass marketing)
Where Dreams Come True (??)

My guess is that they will target a certain crowd where they are currently not getting their fair share, or desired numbers....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
speck76 said:
9/30....they moved the end up
huh? ironically the last day of our trip!

too bad we wont be there the following week. im sure a bunch of stuff will go on sale to make room for the new marketing campaign

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
HandyAndy said:
You know what, the gold decorations don't bother me so much, infact I've actually grown to like them!
Its just that hideous over-sized so called 'mirror' just has to come down!:fork:

I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in May. When asked our guide said that they are talking about keeping some of the gold decorations but the mirror/window would be taken down.

CoffeeJedi

speck76 said:
keeping in mind that the vast majority of visitors do not attend each park during their visit.
Do you mean, single-day visitors being the majority of guests, or have they found that an average family on a multi-day Disney trip actually doesn't often go to all 4 parks?

Personally, i'd like a small~ish 25th aniversery Epcot celebration, there's no bigger milestone than Disneyland's 50th, so until WDW's 50'th, they should stick to smaller events. Tho, really, listen to Epcot's description from way back in '82, and see how much its failed to live up to the promise:
http://www.mousegeeks.com/audio/Old...pcot/epcot_opening_special_-_21st_century.mp3
(yes yes, a CHEESY early 80's vibe, but listen to the whole thing anyway, its just a few minutes)
Now, do they really want to have a celebration comparing where they started to where they ended up? By 2006, there should have been so much more research and cultural initiatives out of E.P.C.O.T. Center, but instead we have just a nice, slightly-intellectual theme park. I don't think they want that comparison.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
jmaxwell007 said:
huh? ironically the last day of our trip!

too bad we wont be there the following week. im sure a bunch of stuff will go on sale to make room for the new marketing campaign
It will more than likely be on sale during the time you are there. SWW t-shirts and coffee mugs were less than half price this weekend and we were only in week 3 of 4. Disney will not want to be stuck with a bunch of dated merchandise they can't sell, so a fire sale during the last week is pretty likely.

Big-Bad-Dave said:
This might be a rumor that I have been hearing, but.....I heard Disney is buying Universal Studios so they can bulldoze it for a parking lot!:animwink:

no, it's not a parking lot. it's where theyre going to put harry potter. duh

amejr999

I have a few rambling thoughts:

1. My gut feeling is that this will be rather big. That's a lot of hyperbole, and they don't want to undercut expectations too much. Jay Rasulo won't show up for a small announcement.
2. I am kind of surprised that there hasn't been any news of this before. Either that means that this will be a small event (meaning my #1 is wrong), or there's a lot of secrecy around this. Or it could have been very last minute. If this wasn't on an AP blog, I wouldn't trust it.
3. Anyone know who was invited or specifics on the time/location of this announcement?

WhyteAL

interesting I will be up there on the 8th-12th maybe they will have more information in relation to the big supprise. :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Master Yoda said:
It will more than likely be on sale during the time you are there. SWW t-shirts and coffee mugs were less than half price this weekend and we were only in week 3 of 4. Disney will not want to be stuck with a bunch of dated merchandise they can't sell, so a fire sale during the last week is pretty likely.
well, i guess that ill have to save an extra buck or 2 to get some more cool gear. thanks for the heads up masta'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom