Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

GenerationX

I've spent all of my life in beautiful northwest suburban Chicago (Algonquin, Cary, and Elk Grove Village), except for the 4 fun-filled oskee-wow-wow years in Cham-bana. Go Illini!!! :wave:

celticdog

I'm originally from Illinois.

I was born in Elk Grove Village. I have lived in Wood Dale and Roselle before my father was transfer to Richmond, Virginia.

Erika:

Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates were right next door to Roselle. If i recall correctly, they were to the north. If i had stayed i would've gone to Lake Park High School, we would've been rivals.:lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
If I stayed in Des. Plaines... I would of gone to Maine West...
Or...what was the other High School...Maine East?...the one that was "Shermer High School" in the movie "The Breakfast Club" that really never got used...sat empty for years...that is now... Des Plaines State Police Distric 5 HQ...

dopey

I got a Maxwell Street hot dog stand opening a couple blocks down from my house. Pork chop sammich anyone?

DMC-12

Originally posted by dopey
I got a Maxwell Street hot dog stand opening a couple blocks down from my house. Pork chop sammich anyone?

:slurp: Dopey....ever had a pork chop at Iron Mikes (Ditkas place) On Chestnut? Its like butta! :slurp: best damn pork chop I have ever had! :D

Erika

Originally posted by celticdog
I'm originally from Illinois.

I was born in Elk Grove Village. I have lived in Wood Dale and Roselle before my father was transfer to Richmond, Virginia.

Erika:

Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates were right next door to Roselle. If i recall correctly, they were to the north. If i had stayed i would've gone to Lake Park High School, we would've been rivals.:lol:

Hey!

Schaumburg and Elk Grove are right next door to each other. My brother was born in Elk Grove!

DisneyCP2000

They just opened one up down by midway airport. I've been there once, and I got to say that's true CHICAGO food!!

Coree

Thanks for the welcome FanofDisney. We'll be listening to the game tonight and hoping to pull out a victory. We need one in the worst way, that's for sure.

Holly

I just HAVE to jump in here!

I'm originally from Illinois - actually, until about a year and 1/2 ago I was there my entire life. (I'm in Northwestern Indiana now -with all the rest of the transplanted Illinoisians!)

Let's see ... I grew up on the south side of Chicago - NOT the suburbs, but the city.

I've lived in Calumet City, Homewood ... and I once worked in Burr Ridge.

So ... hello neighbors! :wave:

DisneyCP2000

Chicago roots are just a good :) I think that I'm very proud of Chgo and will boast about it whenever I get a chance :lol: As for our govenor...I'll stay quiet about that ::lookaroun

dopey

Hey! What's with everybody copying the Illinois thread?

DMC, I've only been to the new Ditka's once and I had the NY strip. It was OK. Nowhere near as good as Morton's. Maybe I'll try the pork chops next time.

DMC-12

Hey! What's with everybody copying the Illinois thread?

DMC, I've only been to the new Ditka's once and I had the NY strip. It was OK. Nowhere near as good as Morton's. Maybe I'll try the pork chops next time.

The Fridge Burger is great to!:slurp:

Just dont do what I did....and eat alot of there seafood...then drink alot of wine....cause I :hurl: on the way home one night...after a party there...lol :)

I got a great plate from the coach..from the resturant....autographed to....its at home on display in my Entertainment Center :) And...I got to watch the last game of the world series last year with the coach...how cool is that?! :) I love that place!

dopey

Originally posted by DMC-12

The Fridge Burger is great to!:slurp:

Just dont do what I did....and eat alot of there seafood...then drink alot of wine....cause I :hurl: on the way home one night...after a party there...lol :)

I got a great plate from the coach..from the resturant....autographed to....its at home on display in my Entertainment Center :) And...I got to watch the last game of the world series last year with the coach...how cool is that?! :) I love that place!

I don't eat nuthin' that swins. I've heard that food poisoning from seafood is the worst.

Hanging with Da Coach is very cool.

DMC-12

I don't eat nuthin' that swins. I've heard that food poisoning from seafood is the worst.

Hanging with Da Coach is very cool.

it is the worst....though..I think I :hurl: that night cause of all the partying....lol I have to be careful with seafood....my mother is alergic...but only when she got older *shrugs*

Thorphin

Okay, I'll bite and add on to the thread that never dies! :)

Yay for LeRoy and Champaign, IL! I bet that you Chicago Bears loving suburbanites haven't ever heard of our fine (read: pop 3000) town between Bloomington and Champaign... or our 1996 Class 2A State Championship in football! ;) Of course, when LeRoy played in Memorial Stadium a couple years later, we got killed. I think there's just some bad karma going around the place these days...everyone loses.

But yay for Illinois Disney fans! We ran into some people from Normal, IL on a bus at WDW a few years back, too.

Oh, and Sara, congrats on getting engaged!! I got engaged too... on the beach of the Polynesian this past June!!!

DisneyCP2000

Just travelled to Bloomington/Peoria/Farmington last week. 3 hr drive from Chicago. It's quite rural to a city boy like me, but I enjoyed visiting the area :)

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Thorphin
Okay, I'll bite and add on to the thread that never dies! :)

Yay for LeRoy and Champaign, IL! I bet that you Chicago Bears loving suburbanites haven't ever heard of our fine (read: pop 3000) town between Bloomington and Champaign... or our 1996 Class 2A State Championship in football! ;) Of course, when LeRoy played in Memorial Stadium a couple years later, we got killed. I think there's just some bad karma going around the place these days...everyone loses.

But yay for Illinois Disney fans! We ran into some people from Normal, IL on a bus at WDW a few years back, too.

Oh, and Sara, congrats on getting engaged!! I got engaged too... on the beach of the Polynesian this past June!!!

Excellent choice jack!! I wasn't in disney, but the Sox game was close enough. :)

And good ol LeRoy. I stop there on my way to Bloomington for a Coke from McDonalds on occasion. ;)

welome back to the forum though!

SamatBCV

Hi Everyone.

I'm in Woodridge near Naperville (born in Chicago and keep moving a little bit west).

GO SOX!! :sohappy:

Good to see so many people from IL!!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom