Have you ever had a name for a ride either then its real name?

Fun2BFree

Fast Track, Test Pass, Car Ride, Test Car Track Pass Fast...

I've heard all these used instead of Test Track. Apparently people can't read signs or park maps anymore, huh? :animwink:

Nansafan

We use shortened versions of names for the attractions like PrincessMiko, Splash, Space etc. TTA is one of our must dos, in fact it is always our first do when we arrive on vacation. My cousin refers to it as "The WeedWay", a WedWay knock off name.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We always call buzz lightyear buzz lightbeer:lookaroun
stich is also known as stitch's great mistake:lol:
and soaring is also called snorin(quite why im not sur because me and my dw both love this ride):hammer:

PotteryGal

I call peter pan's flight "european vacation" cause i like to say "hey kids look, Big ben.... Parliment!!" When flying over london.

Finally started reading this thread and lost it when I read this, because we were joking about the same thing. I'll probably start snickering again in June when we're on it. :lol::lol:

whitemule28

Maybe even better than having an alternative name for a ride, my GF, when she was younger, would constantly ask her parents for "Gluey" before being tucked into bed. They would parade every single stuffed animal by her hoping to find "Gluey" and make her happy, but they were never able to and it would lead to them having to sit with her until she fell asleep. A year or two later, after this began and had begun to calm down as she grew older, they made a trip to WDW and at some point while walking through Fantasyland she screamed "Gluey" and sprinted off across the way, latching herself onto the "Dopey" castmember with a massive smile on her face. She had finally found "Gluey". No one knows where the name came from, but the picture of her with the massive grin on her face latched onto "Gluey"/"Dopey" still hangs in her parents living room.

My brother and I had many names for the attractions when we were young, most notably "The Troll Ride" for Maelstrom, "The Singing Vegetables" for Kitchen Kabaret, and "The Dinosaur Ride" for The Universe of Energy

gibson12

My mom called Big Thunder Mountain the Runaway Mine Train. I was sure that used to be its name, but I guess it was her own invention. We went back together just this week for the first time in over 15 years, and that was still how she remembered it. I'll have to post some pictures on the POTD thread. We had a lot of fun.

dixiegirl

Well our girls (and it started with my oldest) call TOmorrowland Transit Authority the "relaxing ride" , COP is refered to as "The great Big beautiful Tommorow Ride", Spaceship Earth is "The Epcot Ball", Trying to think of others, but these are just the ones that come to mind .....

cococola44

Original Poster
or the immortal dog ride

lol my friend told me that one because in the COP the dog is the same through out those many years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom