Have you ever had a name for a ride either then its real name?

maelstrom

I still call the TTA the Wedway. Sometimes I call Maelstrom and El Rio Del Tiempo, Norway and Mexico.

Horizons smelled like l'oranges, though, not pineapples.

paulmockridge

my daughter who was 4 at the time suddenly announced while walking through the contemporary car park that she wanted to go on the knobulator once we had stopped laughing, we questioned what she meant, frustrated she pointed up to the monorail heading towards the magic kingdom she is now nearly 8 and we still call it that :lol:

Tom Morrow

Aside from shortening some names (like shortening Expedition: Everest to just "Everest"), I always call attractions by their proper name. People getting the names wrong, especially well-known ones, annoys me.
Mine are pretty common, though. Nothing on this planet aggravates me more though than "Fast Track" "Fastpass" "Mission Track" "Quick Track" etc. for TEST TRACK.
Agreed.

The one that bugs me the most, though, for obvious reasons, is guests calling Tower of Terror the "Hollywood Tower of Terror".

rcapolete

When we were kids my younger brother called the monorail the "mommy Rail"
We all called BTM Run Away Train.
My parents call Buzz lightyear "Buzz Light" they seems to forget the year part. This applies to all aspect of BUzz Lighttyear not just the ride.
The thing that annoys me the most are people that get annoyed when someone calls a ride by the wrong name:lol::lol::lol:

Nemo14

When we were kids my younger brother called the monorail the "mommy Rail"
We all called BTM Run Away Train.
My parents call Buzz lightyear "Buzz Light" they seems to forget the year part. This applies to all aspect of BUzz Lighttyear not just the ride.
The thing that annoys me the most are people that get annoyed when someone calls a ride by the wrong name:lol::lol::lol:

:ROFLOL:

urbanvegan

A friend's kid used to call the Monorail "the Mono-Worm".

We still call Gran Fiesta Tour "El Rio de Aburrimiento" (The River of Boredom).

Vernonpush

Rockin'Roller Coaster is called: The Illianna Douglas Ride. The frist time we saw the preshow we recognized her but could not remember her name. When we fianally remembered her name, the ride's name changed.:lol:

calismic

When I was young I always called BTM "Runaway railroad." To this day when I think of the ride I still call it that in my head. =) Also TTA will always be the Peoplemover!

KC82271

MY daughter is 5 and has a few one liners that keep me rolling...
1) Imagination=stinked by the skunk ride
2) Haunted Mansion=Happily Ever After (her favorite part is when you look down into the banquet room and the ghosts are dancing "happily ever after" and yes I took my 5 year old on it-turned out to be her favorite ride!)

My 2 year old DD calls Imagination the stinky ride and holds her nose as she says it!

happymom52003

Here are a few of my DS's mispronunciations...not rides, but resorts: The Liverness Lodge, The Temporary, and the Grand Florilian.
And we will forever call the Monorail the "WonoWail" because that is what DD (2 1/2) called it on our last trip and it was so cute.

bhg469

I call peter pan's flight "european vacation" cause i like to say "hey kids look, Big ben.... Parliment!!" When flying over london.

New2WDW

My girls (6 and 3 at the time) called the Tea Cups at MK the "booty cups" when we first started going because I guess my wife told them "get your booty in the cup" and it has stuck ever since! The only bad thing for a while was when people would ask them what was your favorite ride during your trip? .......THE BOOTY CUPS! :lookaroun Then we had to explain.

coltow

I joke to my sister all the time that the Pooh ride should have been named the Tigger ride. For my family the People Mover will live forever.

hardcard

Well, for us:

Thunder Mountain = The Crazy Train
El Rio/Grande Fiesta = The Mexico Ride
Journey into Imagination = Figment

But hey, Disney does it too.... The Disney BUS = Motorcoach :)

AndreainNY

My daughters also say "Epacot", and my youngest calls the carousel "Horsey roun-roun", even though we have corrected her several times. Hearing her little almost 3 year old voice say horsey roun-roun is MUCH cuter than carousel - I think we will let her be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom