Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

Stand under this picture by the wall - this is where the exit will open.

hauntedmansion-stretchexit.jpg
Is it the same portrait in both rooms? I just aim for the right side if it's the left stretching room, or the left side if it's the right stretching room.

The Empress Lilly

I loathe the interactive queue. Not necessarily the concept, but the execution here is pretty tone deaf to the foreboding tone set at the beginning of the attraction. This attraction doesn't get "silly" until the graveyard scene.
Oh, how I admire your economy of argument! I couldn't have put it this succinctly!

MissM

Having seen it in person, before this thread even started, I STILL don't like it. It's not a "freak out" to be passionate about things you enjoy or to express your dislike when you feel things are detracting from the visual and environmental aesthetic. ESPECIALLY when the reason for said detraction is a negative and not a positive benefit. I don't think anyone thinks putting a FP+ on Haunted Mansion is anything but absurdly stupid in the first place, so adding an ugly and loud sign to announce FP+ is like a double whammy of crappiness.

Given that the setting is dark with specifically designed low-lighting, a sign that is significantly brighter - and even this second photo shows a major lighting difference between the background and the foreground - is a disappointing distraction and takes away from the atmosphere and setting.

You can like it all your want, but to insult people that do not like it by painting them as overly dramatic "freaks" is belittling and insulting.

Bairstow

The sign's ok.

I still think the biggest problem is that with the awning covering the queue area all along the walkway there's no way to admire the mansion from most of the approach.
Also, the loud music/sound effect track blaring at the beginning of the queue is awful and out of place.

Tom Morrow

I loathe the interactive queue. Not necessarily the concept, but the execution here is pretty tone deaf to the foreboding tone set at the beginning of the attraction. This attraction doesn't get "silly" until the graveyard scene.
Also the ghosts should not be visible or communicating directly with you until the seance (besides the ghost host).
and even this second photo shows a major lighting difference between the background and the foreground
I darkened the photo so that the sign itself would appear as it does in person. My phone camera isn't the greatest. In person, the lantern lights on the brick columns are brighter than these signs.

Clever Name

The sign's ok.

I still think the biggest problem is that with the awning covering the queue area all along the walkway there's no way to admire the mansion from most of the approach.
Also, the loud music/sound effect track blaring at the beginning of the queue is awful and out of place.
I agree. I think they should replace the current music with something more appropriate:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom