Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

Bairstow

You apparently are not familiar with Long Forgotten.

I like what he's said about the new queue, that it's essentially "fan fiction" about the Mansion that somehow has become part of the actual attraction.

Personally I wouldn't mind it so much were it not for the talking pen thing. I still think there shouldn't be any music or voices heard outside the Mansion itself.

DJMoore2011

What I've learned after reading 12 pages:

1) Everyone is worked up over a not so great night time picture, still no picture that is good.
2) I am an odd duck, I LIKE :eek: the interactive line walking through HM and don't care if others pass us while we are playing.
3) I am not as obsessed with Disney World as much as my Dear Husband thinks, because if I was then I would know all about this golden age of WDW that I have missed since my first visit was in 2011, instead I take the good and the bad and try to have a good time while there knowing the visit I am on may be my last.
4) I have way to much time on my hands to read a thread 12 pages long that talk about new signs and weather or not it's good, bad, ugly or that TDO is totally out of it's mind.
and last
5) I will be reserving my judgement of said signage until we go back but will more then likely be to damn happy to be there to really care about the sign.

Tom Morrow

Is anyone else a little irritated by the single rider line? We always go in 2 by 2 and i feel like they are too small to have a complete stranger next to you? I usually don;t mind, it just sees really unnecessary to add that line since the wait time is never too ridiculous.
Which line are you talking about? The only single rider lines at WDW are Test Track, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest.

Jakester

Which line are you talking about? The only single rider lines at WDW are Test Track, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest.
I was thinking the same, I heard their rider policy is unless the row as individual seats like EE, TT, RnR, ECT then they Cannot sit a stranger with you. Examples are Thunder Mountain, Splash, ECT "or anything with a row"

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was thinking the same, I heard their rider policy is unless the row as individual seats like EE, TT, RnR, ECT then they Cannot sit a stranger with you. Examples are Thunder Mountain, Splash, ECT "or anything with a row"

The word you are looking for is 'bench seats'

Prince-1

Yeah, but you missed the point, if you pass someone, only to stop a few feet ahead, you didn't gain any time, you just skipped the people in front of you for no reason.

Oh I got your point but it is moving ahead in small jumps. I am not trying to skip the line but I have seen several groups stopping and playing with the queue and I have passed them and moved much further ahead. If it would be just one person then yes I would agree with you but it's not. It is always several groups stopping.

AndyS2992

Queues that annoy me are the ones like Haunted Mansion, Test Track, Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster etc where you all get shoved in a room and lose your position in line. You could be the first one in the room but the last out making you wait longer than anticipated.

Tom Morrow

Queues that annoy me are the ones like Haunted Mansion, Test Track, Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster etc where you all get shoved in a room and lose your position in line. You could be the first one in the room but the last out making you wait longer than anticipated.
You maybe lose a max of 5 minutes tops from these situations. Usually probably 3 minutes or less.

Thrill

Yeah, but you missed the point, if you pass someone, only to stop a few feet ahead, you didn't gain any time, you just skipped the people in front of you for no reason.

However, if you don't pass someone, and the door closes with half of the room empty, you just got skipped for no reason.

I am a life long Haunted Mansion fan who converses with many a Mansion fan, and you are really the only person I've seen spew outright hatred towards the queue. That's not me saying you are wrong, but I think it's could also be a bit of an echo chamber thing.

I've been kinda vocal about my hatred towards the queue. I bash it when I get the chance around here, but HMF is more qualified for this sort of thing.

To me, the Haunted Mansion was (and still is, mostly) a perfect attraction; the very best of a still-young art form. George Lucas-ing the queue isn't doing it any favors.

cspencer96

Getting "shoved into a room" keeps the wait down in a way for everyone, because the crowd flow is consistently managed. It isn't just for show, it's a strategy for crowd control. Like someone else said, you may lose 5 minutes tops, but the wait would be much more frustrating in general if it weren't broken up into phases and the load queue kept under control by the preshow rooms.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Stand under this picture by the wall - this is where the exit will open.

hauntedmansion-stretchexit.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom