Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

RSoxNo1

I saw it in person, it's hard to tell that they're even lit. It's a necessary evil based on all of this Fastpass+ stuff, but like most of the other entrances and RFID readers, they've done a good job theming them.

RSoxNo1

The thing I've been trying to figure out on this is why rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates aren't walk ons at the end of the night. I don't think FP+ is the culprit, it's almost as if the capacity has decreased.

This was happening with only Jungle Cruise down in the park, not sure if it's a sign that even after Mine Train opens the park needs additional capacity.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A Standby Queue that would be much shorter if they were not trying to force Fastpass onto an Omnimover

It's less about Omnimover and more about total capacity/hr. Remember the loading of the attraction is pulsed by the stretching rooms. It used to be pulsed by the loading of the lobby and the outside door as well. The show timing is to ensure the hallway past the stretching rooms has a continuous feed. The exterior queue is not a continuous feed like a traditional Omnimover like Buzz. So merging some FP people in isn't going to impact the ride in anyway.. only perceptions about how the standby line should move. And in an attraction like HM, it was never continous to start with.

The only argument against FP here would be is that the wait is never long enough to justify it.. and that's based on the attraction's high ppl/hr capacity. But FP still has an advantage that you can spend your wait differently.

rodserling27

My photo from this weekend, took it with my iPhone - not quite as intrusive as I thought it would be. I'll agree and say this attraction does not need FP+. It ruins the standby queue.

k1x7xz.jpg

Edit: woops it's upside down. Tried rotating it, but it didn't work

Rob562

It looks horrible! I hope it's better in person...

EEeessh.

Since those carriage lights aren't as bright as floodlights in-person, and the new signs are dimmer than those, I'd presume that the new signs are fine in-person. (RSoxNo1 even said they're hard to tell that they're even lit up)

-Rob

NowInc

It looks horrible! I hope it's better in person...

EEeessh.

Its a lot less "bright" in person. Cell phone cameras will compensate for a low light (ie: nighttime photo) and cause things to be blown out that are self illuminated. Case in point, you cant even read the time panel in the middle of that pic. Those are very dim in person. Never trust a cell phone pic :)

NearTheEars

Every time I see a photo it still looks great. I've seen the gates in person few times during the day and in no way, IMO, don't hey take away from the atmosphere. I'll have to remember to walk over in the evening one of the times.

I do however agree with the folks that wish the green canvas was gone. That old photo of the attraction with little around it looked awesome.

If it was raining and I was standing in line, I might change my tune.

Mansion Butler

A Standby Queue that would be much shorter if they were not trying to force Fastpass onto an Omnimover. It failed before and it will fail again. unless of course Disney once again learns nothing and changes the system to Fastpass+ Booking one year in advance. fortunately, I think this is as bad as it's going to get. The Three Stooges will be gone in the near future.
As I said in another thread, FP+ is not currently affecting the Haunted Mansion standby wait. Currently being the key word, but the discussion here was standby times in the recent past, not the future.

lazyboy97o

Does "Disney" even need to be there?

For a second I thought I should thank McDonalds for my Fastpass+ experience.
For the same reason it's Disney's Grand Floridian or Disney Frozen. Some day's I'm surprised we don't cross the Disney Seven Seas Lagoon to get to Disney Magic Kingdom at the Disney Walt Disney World Resort.

muteki

For the same reason it's Disney's Grand Floridian or Disney Frozen. Some day's I'm surprised we don't cross the Disney Seven Seas Lagoon to get to Disney Magic Kingdom at the Disney Walt Disney World Resort.
It's still silly to get it made up on the FP sign. Is it on other FP signs?

Its like if I went to the apple store and bought a mac, then asked the clerk who handed it to me if it was an apple mac or a dell mac.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom