Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

NowInc

Excuse the lack of touch up on these, just finished loading these off my camera. Its actually not bad at all in person.

vRgvyxd.jpg

V6d9e9P.jpg

NearTheEars

As the photos continue to roll in, I stand by liking the new entrance. Plenty of old mansions in spooky movies stood behind gates. I like the glow. I think they did a nice job and now have clearly marked entrance and exit.

I'll see it in person this weekend if we decide to head to Magic Kingdom for the day.

BoarderPhreak

I think if it were a subtle glow, just so you can see it - would have been plenty. Perhaps management felt the attraction was too dark... As if people didn't know HM existed... LOL. As long as it's at the entrance and nowhere near the mansion I guess it's okay.

Captain Chaos

I don't think it adds to the spookiness.. They killed the spookiness when they added in that queue... However, these new entrance gates are fine... I don't think they detract from anything...

HMF

it IS subtle. look at NowInc's photos.
It is as subtle as possible under the circumstances but not subtle enough to detract from the Mansion and call attention to itself. The problem I see with the current brain-trust at WDI. You can put all the details, Geeky tributes and fan service in the world into something but that won't save anything if the concept is flawed to begin with. In fairness to WDI though I understand that they have a metaphorical gun to their head saying "Do this OR ELSE" so I can sympathize with the sentiment, The ultimate point is If the people at the top don't care the whole entity suffers.

Last edited:

dadddio

Yeah, but you missed the point, if you pass someone, only to stop a few feet ahead, you didn't gain any time, you just skipped the people in front of you for no reason.
Agreed.

The fact is, I am not against passing people who refuse to move along with the line regardless of whether those people are playing a game or living in dreamland. That being said, courtesy would require that you also allow these people back in front of you if practical.

dadddio

... I don't think anyone thinks putting a FP+ on Haunted Mansion is anything but absurdly stupid in the first place...
I've blown off riding HM (two HMs, actually) because the queue was waaay too long. Given this fact, I can imagine that some (many?) people would be interested in obtaining a FP for that ride.

muteki

So are the entrance plaques still missing? Wonder who's office they are hanging in now?

Doesn't look that bad to me otherwise. All the switchbacks that bleed into Liberty Square for no reason bother me more.

Bairstow

I've blown off riding HM (two HMs, actually) because the queue was waaay too long. Given this fact, I can imagine that some (many?) people would be interested in obtaining a FP for that ride.

It sounds like something that will make sense only around Christmas or 4th of July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom