Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

TheGenXer

I loathe the interactive queue. Not necessarily the concept, but the execution here is pretty tone deaf to the foreboding tone set at the beginning of the attraction. This attraction doesn't get "silly" until the graveyard scene.

Ridiculous. The stretching room portraits are completely silly. If you don't like the interactive queue, fine. But stop using utter nonsense as a reason to be critical. The lighthearted nature of HM starts exactly at the beginning of the attraction.

lazyboy97o

Ridiculous. The stretching room portraits are completely silly. If you don't like the interactive queue, fine. But stop using utter nonsense as a reason to be critical. The lighthearted nature of HM starts exactly at the beginning of the attraction.
Which portraits are fun and cheery?

Last edited:

Marc Gil

One I took later in the night..better quality

vr8v5iD.jpg
I like how these look. The photos before just didn't do these signs justice. IMO, they look great.

NearTheEars

Which portraits are fun a cheery?

I think the woman with standing over the alligator's mouth waiting to be eaten is quite funny.
But, alas, I also like the interactive queue, especially when the line is long. It keeps things fun and interesting.

I have seen plenty of children freak out to their parents as they are walking into line because they are scared. The graveyard calms them down a bit and once inside they get to experience the fun the ride has to offer.

During the 15+ times i've been on HM and walked through the queue not once did I see a family drudging through, angry at the surroundings. They are having fun, sharing a laugh over the tombstones and dodging the squirting water.

I like the new gate, and I like the queue. But, that's just my opinion and I'm just one person.

Bairstow

It doesn't though.
There's some black humor here and there like the "tomb sweet tomb" needlework on the wall or the corpse yelling, "let me out of here" from his coffin, but nothing is really "lighthearted" until you see the ghosts drunk under the table and blowing out birthday candles.

Moreover, the beginning of the ride isn't blatantly haunted.
Other than the hosts, ghosts aren't showing themselves or speaking until after the seance.
The new queue screws up the Crump->Davis progression.

Tom Morrow

The portraits are funny but in a macabre sort of way. Each one reveals that what seemed to be a normal situation was actually a grim one. It does go with the unsettling mood the first moments of the Mansion are supposed to create.

A bathtub tombstone that sneezes out bubbles or whatever does not.

MissM

I've blown off riding HM (two HMs, actually) because the queue was waaay too long. Given this fact, I can imagine that some (many?) people would be interested in obtaining a FP for that ride.
It's a (near) continuous load omnimover ride. If the line is long, check back in half an hour and it will likely be better. Back when it had FastPass, it was a mess and made things worse, not better. I like FastPass and even I think it's absurdly stupid to stick a FP+ on HM. It doesn't need it. This is the exact kind of ride that gets harmed and not helped by FP.

HMF

It's a (near) continuous load omnimover ride. If the line is long, check back in half an hour and it will likely be better. Back when it had FastPass, it was a mess and made things worse, not better. I like FastPass and even I think it's absurdly stupid to stick a FP+ on HM. It doesn't need it. This is the exact kind of ride that gets harmed and not helped by FP.
Disney Management logic 101- If something doesn't work, Find a contrived way to make it work by default- artificially inflating the queues by loading them with interactive crap.

TheGenXer

Which portraits are fun and cheery?
Deliberately obtuse much? No one said "fun and cheery." I said silly. One of the portraits is a guy on a powder keg in his boxer shorts for crying out loud. The portraits are silly and they're tongue in cheek and they're at the beginning of the attraction.

Again, I have no problem with people that don't like the interactive queue. That's completely subjective. But this popular cry of outrage stating that the queue doesn't fit into the mood of the first part of the Mansion is absurd and blatantly ignores those portraits.

lazyboy97o

Deliberately obtuse much? No one said "fun and cheery." I said silly. One of the portraits is a guy on a powder keg in his boxer shorts for crying out loud. The portraits are silly and they're tongue in cheek and they're at the beginning of the attraction.

Again, I have no problem with people that don't like the interactive queue. That's completely subjective. But this popular cry of outrage stating that the queue doesn't fit into the mood of the first part of the Mansion is absurd and blatantly ignores those portraits.
Silly comes in various forms and the silly outside does not match what is initially seen inside.

FigmentJedi

Tone trouble aside, the extended queue just kinda shrinks the world of the Haunted Mansion. The idea is that all these ghosts are from different time periods and from all over the place, but then you throw in tombstones and crypts for the Graveyard Band, the Organist, someone that probably lives in the library, and the Hitchhikers and apparently now everybody knew the owners of the Mansion in life because I don't think a dead person can make a conscious choice to move their resting place to the Mansion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Tone trouble aside, the extended queue just kinda shrinks the world of the Haunted Mansion. The idea is that all these ghosts are from different time periods and from all over the place, but then you throw in tombstones and crypts for the Graveyard Band, the Organist, someone that probably lives in the library, and the Hitchhikers and apparently now everybody knew the owners of the Mansion in life because I don't think a dead person can make a conscious choice to move their resting place to the Mansion.
Because we all know that there was only one organist ever, there was only one Musical Band ever, and only one person who ever read a book.

Captain Chaos

The queue doesn't fit... The outside of the mansion is supposed to give the "aura of foreboding"... It is supposed to set a spooky tone, with the creepy music and howling in the background... Only when you enter the mansion are you to realize they are 999 happy haunts...

The queue gives the mansion an "aura of cartoon silliness"... They removed the foreboding... You no longer have that creepy feeling... It is too cartoony...

As for the paintings, again, INSIDE the attraction where the reveal is the ghosts are friendly, not sinister... The outside is supposed to give you that sinister feeling... Now, it makes me think I am heading into a Casper the friendly ghost cartoon...

ToTBellHop

Perhaps the ghouls requested that a mortal move their bodies to a new final resting place?
the-frighteners-michael-j-fox-chi-mcbride.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom