Has anyone ever thought you'd be better off not visiting these boards?

SeaBreeze

I'm in the same boat as those who aren't influenced either way. It's like my co-workers saying they don't like WDW and pointing out why. Everyone has opinions and nothing will change how I feel about WDW. Then again, I think if you can work backstage, overnight and all hours of the day there and still feel like everything is magical, nothing will change your opinion :lol:

I'm sorry that these boards have had a negative effect on your trips though. It always makes me sad when people lose some of the magic :(

Disneykidder

I feel your pain, KC. I am new here as a member, but have been a watchful eye for sometime. While I have become so addicted to this, I find that the negative posts and comments by some people, and the ones that ignore me completely, are the problem. I love the inside info and the magic has not left me. The more I know, ther more I feel connected to Disney and feel like I am an honorary part of the Disney family. I agree, though, I do not like to hear negative comments directed at Disney or others.:p

dandaman

I'd be be better off if a few other people took some time off of these boards. Less offensive clutter for the rest of us. :lol:

the-reason14

When I first discovered these boards it was back in 2003. I was looking up stuff about Mission:Space and this was one of the sites I was drawn too. Since that time, I have read alot of the critiques and complaints, and I dont think alot of what is said here affects my trips at all. I mean, there are times when I go on a new ride and think of all the opinions about it, but most of the time it doesnt matter to me. I mean, I have my own mind. Just because some people arent really happy with the new SSE doesnt mean I feel the same way. Like I told my dad when we were standing in the line, alot people are mad about the change, but Ill see in alittle bit. I enjoyed the new SSE, I think the video at the end with your faces is alittle dumb because you have the same either goofy or mad facial expression and it looks kinda weird, but overall its good. There a bits about the previous version I would like back.

But anyways, before I got off topic, everyone has opinions. Alot of times I like to read people's thoughts on things, whether they are good or bad, because alot times I could careless. People thoughts dont shape mine. I like what I like and thats that.

joanna71985

several... wdwmagic is the site owner/admin, then there's eeyore, erika, and the mom

Or as I like to call them, Steve's Angels :D :zipit: :lol:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

To answer the original question, I have found that so much depends on your state of mind. The amount of enjoyment you get at WDW, whether you've been participating in discussions about things that are wrong or not, depends more on your state of mind when you go than it does on how much you've discussed thing here.

And when I go, and I'm in what I call the DISNEY state of mind, everything is magical. When I'm in that state of mind, I accentuate the positive and chalk everything else up to experience.

I know I'm coming across here as patting myself on the back, but I'm not really, and I don't know how to avoid that, but that's really not my intention. I discovered this by accident, and just do it naturally.

Example: last trip there were big t-storms moving towards NY/NJ area, and to make a long story short, our flight was cancelled late, and there was no other way to get out. Real bummer.

A small digression (you can skip this paragraph if you want to get to the point). As I was checking at a different airline, and the representative was just shaking her head, and saying "I'm sorry...", my DD then 9 came up and said, "Daddy, are we not going to be at WDW tonight?", and I said, "Gee, I'm sorry sweetheart, but I think that's the case - but we'll get out early in the morning, I'm sure". Then DD9 did that lower lip trembling thing and a tear rolled down her cheek, and the representative said, "just a minute, let me to talk to my manager about something...", and she put us on a "business class" only flight out of JFK (we were at Newark) and we had to move fast to get there. (We really didn't have that planned, but DD couldn't have done it at a better moment if we had planned it!) We made it, because it was delayed, too. Very cool!

So we got on an double-upgrade flight, because this was non-stop. But it was delayed so much that we didn't get to Orlando until about 3 AM. Naturally they had given my car away, but after a little wait we got like a triple upgrade, because that's what they had - no extra charge. Very cool again.

But they lost our luggage. So we check into the hotel and get a few hours sleep and then we're up and dressing in our same stinky clothes to go to Studios, because darn it, that was the plan.

With everything that had gone wrong (we still got an upgraded flight, and and upgraded car) it was going to be hard to be in a Disney state of mind. But they made it easy for us! After a magical encounter with on of the characters (the dumb pretty one - I can't remember her name) we saw the parade and then while waiting for HM on the "folding wing" lines we met another familiy and were talking with them.

When the floating stage passed and the CMs released the wing lines. There was a mad dash and since they had a stroller, they got caught up and got behind. Their two girls were a bit younger than my two, and I saw that they were all disappointed, so I said "my kids will watch out for yours!", and without waiting for a response, I sent them up there, saying to the crowd, "excuse me, could you please let these little girls through?". Everyone was happy to do it, and all four of them really enjoyed the show.

Afterwards the parents in the other family said, "Hey, that was really nice - you didn't have to do that". My response was simply, "hey it's Disney - this is what it's all about, making it magical for each other".

Now I could have focused on the fact that the CMs didn't do a good crowd control job, or that when you look at the show objectively, its really not all that great, or that it was hot, and we were all sweaty in clothes that we'd been wearing for two days, or that I couldn't get into the Brown Derby at any time that day, but what I take away from the experience is the beaming look on the other parents' faces when they were truly greatful for a small gesture of kindness that really made it worthwhile for their kids. And I'm not bragging really because I didn't do anything, really, it's just all about the Disney State of Mind.

Also I was teary eyed, because IASM afterall truly when this girl from rural England was about the same age as DD9, and they stood next to each other and knew all the exact same dance moves, because they had the same DVD at home that has the extra features on it where you learn the coreography!

So sorry, once again, for the long post (those of you that know me from here know I tend to do that once in a while), but in conclusion, yes, I noticed a lot of negative things, but in the right state of mind, everything is magical anyway in spite of that.

That was great!:sohappy:

There is going to be negativity and complaints on any forum that you go on..regardless of the topic..it is up to you to pick and choose what you want to read or not.

There are also negative,rude judgemental posters on every board that you go to also..you have the choice to use the ignore feature for them also or not..again your choice.

Now compared to most Disney boards that I have viewed this one is the best in my opinion and the people are nicer and friendlier..:)

Now there are a choice few that I think need to get over themselves and they only post only rude comments but that is everywhere and I just call them names in my head and move on..:)

It does not effect me at all.

I go to WDW as my escape..It is a place where I can relax and have fun with my family.

When I am there all my problems go away and I do not notice the "bad" things that I read on here.

Peeling paint and broken AA's..Who cares?

I don't.

Do you think I am going to spend tons of money on a much needed vacation and have it get ruined because the paper boy on SSE is facing the wrong way..or the paint on the TTA looks chipped?

No way...I just enjoy what I have always enjoyed and do not even think of what **** or ****** said on these boards.

I do not base what I am going to think of a new ride on show on what they say either.

If I like SSE I like it..If I hate SSE I hate it..But because I do..not because they did.

It is all what you choose to do and see..

Great posts Dana.:)

Yanks07

But anyways, before I got off topic, everyone has opinions. Alot of times I like to read people's thoughts on things, whether they are good or bad, because alot times I could careless. People thoughts dont shape mine. I like what I like and thats that.
Well said. Wish I could add to it, but I can't. I have no one on my ignore list because I think everyone can bring something to the table, even if it is only a tidbit or a laugh. If I disagree, I go to the next topic. The negative posters only want some type of attention, so pay no attention to them if your insulted. The Mods. do there job

The Mom

Premium Member
This thread is on my radar. ;)

So far, people are being fairly civil; I've seen far, far worse. But I wouldn't be surprised if things got nasty. I wouldn't be happy about it, either.

So, let's think before posting, and refrain from personal attacks.

Thanks!

Steve's Angels. :rolleyes: :lol:

wdwmomof3

I have often thought I'd be better off not visiting these boards, but for a different reason - I spend WAY too much time here and I can't get anything else done!

My thoughts exactly but I love it. I think that this board is full of information that helps me plan our visits. I have learned a lot here. I tend to not let the negative remarks bother me to much, and one a few weeks ago made me mad but I just brushed it off.

I love going to Disney so much that I don't focus on anything but having fun while I am there. I think the OP is thinking to hard, just relax and enjoy reading about Disney and while you are there just have fun.:animwink:

Computer Magic

I have to be honest and I hope not of offend the site or anyone. But I was spending too much time on Disney Internet Boards and was losing the magic. The complaints about new attractions, rides, etc were taking the thrills out of the ride. I'm not one for all the ins and outs of a ride, I don't notice the little things others do. Also all the spoilers took away the thrill of visting a new attraction for the first time. I remember staying away from the EE threads and it was the best decision I made.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the site. But I stay in upbeat threads and keep away from spoilers. I look for input and trip reports.

Disney Sites have a place for everyone. Some like the spoilers and detail. Some come on for information...I now visit for information.

Laura

Premium Member
On my last trip that my wife and I went on before I got involved on these sites, for some reason (and we couldn't explain why) our favorite park that we visited out of all 4 of them was MGM. Now I find that I don't think I could step foot into DHS without being greatly annoyed by the hat, the lack of quality rides, etc... And I'm a bit sad that I'll probably never be able to experience the parks with that naive eye that I once had.

I really don't experience any of what you talk about. I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinions of things and I've learned not to listen to the opinions expressed in these forums because I rarely agree with them.

It's all about your mindset. If you go into the parks looking for the bad stuff you read about I'm sure you'll find it. On the other hand if you go in as I do and marvel at the detail and wonder and beauty of every inch of Disney you'll feel like you're in heaven the whole time you're there. I can't ever get enough of it.

It's the same as the people who complain about strollers and ECVs and screaming kids and all of that. When I'm in the parks I don't even notice any of that stuff and it really shocks me how many people do. I'm so enthralled in my own personal happiness while I'm in Disney I am pretty much blind to anything negative going on.

maggiegrace1

Great posts Dana.:)

I agree, well said.:)[/quote]
Thank you!..:)
I really don't experience any of what you talk about. I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinions of things and I've learned not to listen to the opinions expressed in these forums because I rarely agree with them.

It's all about your mindset. If you go into the parks looking for the bad stuff you read about I'm sure you'll find it. On the other hand if you go in as I do and marvel at the detail and wonder and beauty of every inch of Disney you'll feel like you're in heaven the whole time you're there. I can't ever get enough of it.
That is what I do..:)

I get so happy just being there and seeing everything and hearing the music that I never want to leave.

I can sit on Main Street for 2 hours and be completely happy..:)
It's the same as the people who complain about strollers and ECVs and screaming kids and all of that. When I'm in the parks I don't even notice any of that stuff and it really shocks me how many people do. I'm so enthralled in my own personal happiness while I'm in Disney I am pretty much blind to anything negative going on.
Me too..:)

I never witness any of this happening..So apparently I do not want to see it.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom