Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

Testtrack321

Really? 'Cuz last I checked "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye" wasn't located at IOA, but at Disneyland, Anaheim, CA.

What amazes me is that people complain about Toy Story Mania's reliance on 3D video, yet praise Spiderman like crazy. I think Dinosaur is a better dark ride than Spidy is...

krankenstein

What amazes me is that people complain about Toy Story Mania's reliance on 3D video, yet praise Spiderman like crazy. I think Dinosaur is a better dark ride than Spidy is...

I don't complain about TSMM (I actually love the attraction), but Spiderman does interact with its enviroment, which TSMM does not. I mean the pipes and set pieces actually move and the flames that are shot at you are real. It makes for a much more immersive experience when compared to TSMM.

As for CTX being better than Spiderman....IMO, they aren't even close. Spiderman blows CTX away. :shrug:

SirGoofy

I don't have a problem with TSMM's screens. I complain about its overall lack of story, and not up to Disney standards, IMO.

As for Dinosaur being better than Spidey, if you think a dark ride where half the ride is in the dark is better than an incredibly immersive experience, more power to ya.

RSoxNo1

**WWoHP will be good, I do not think Uni are these amazing innovators that people make them out to be. Spider-Man is an amazing ride and the main reason to go to IoA but it's not a game changer, and aside from Spider-Man nothing at IoA is especially innovative, and I will say it, HP won't be a game changer either ... it will be cool and I have no doubt about that, especially after reading whylightbulb's comments, that it will be very cool but at the end of the day it's not going to reinvent the wheel.

I went to IOA with my girlfriend in December and there was very little for her to do. It's a park geared towards teens - even Seuss land isn't that kid friendly because the Cat and the Hat ride spins and requires kids to be able to sit upright (no infants).

With that said, Spiderman is one of the best theme park rides on the planet, and I think Popeye and Blutos is the best rapid ride I've ever been on.

The Hulk and Dueling Dragons are cool coasters but The Hulk especially is more disorienting than thrilling. I think the Hulk would be a better ride if a few of the later inversions are removed in favor of other coaster elements.

marsrunner

I agree about Indy. When all its effects are working (which they aren't currently...Indy needs a long rehab) its my favorite ride in the states...well, that and ToT in WDW...can't ever decide. Not crazy about Spidey. Its okay, but not all its cracked up to be in my opinion. Then again, I'm not crazy about 3d as it never really works for me...its just blurry and hurts my eyes...same for TSMM and every other 3d ride/film I've ever seen.
Dueling Dragons is a heckuva lot of fun. Hulk...too many inversions for me...I feel a little dizzy afterwards. Popeye and Bluto is the best rapids ride I've ever been on...much much better than Kali or even Grizzly River Run at DCA...but Grizzly River is very beautiful and pretty fun.

Captain Chaos

No, no....Chasing people that have ignored or broken the laws of the constitution.:D:cool:

:dazzle::ROFLOL::cry:

So, you are going after politicians then??? :) LoL..

I don't complain about TSMM (I actually love the attraction), but Spiderman does interact with its enviroment, which TSMM does not. I mean the pipes and set pieces actually move and the flames that are shot at you are real. It makes for a much more immersive experience when compared to TSMM.

As for CTX being better than Spiderman....IMO, they aren't even close. Spiderman blows CTX away. :shrug:

Spiderman rocks!!! I have to admit, it is my favorite ride... And TSMM is fun.. I see nothing wrong with it...

RobGraves

I went to IOA with my girlfriend in December and there was very little for her to do. It's a park geared towards teens - even Seuss land isn't that kid friendly because the Cat and the Hat ride spins and requires kids to be able to sit upright (no infants).

im calling chris hansen now....

nerdboyrockstar

I love Dinosaur but it's so dark, it should be called Journey Into Imagination. :brick:

Yeah, how young is your girlfriend? :lol:

I agree about Indy. When all its effects are working (which they aren't currently...Indy needs a long rehab) its my favorite ride in the states...well, that and ToT in WDW...can't ever decide. Not crazy about Spidey. Its okay, but not all its cracked up to be in my opinion. Then again, I'm not crazy about 3d as it never really works for me...its just blurry and hurts my eyes...same for TSMM and every other 3d ride/film I've ever seen.
Dueling Dragons is a heckuva lot of fun. Hulk...too many inversions for me...I feel a little dizzy afterwards. Popeye and Bluto is the best rapids ride I've ever been on...much much better than Kali or even Grizzly River Run at DCA...but Grizzly River is very beautiful and pretty fun.

I agree with you about spider man. It isnt my favorite attraction by a long shot. I appreciate the technological achievements behind it but theres attractions at just Universal I like more.

Orange Bird

You're right they both rely on 3D too much. But I think Spidy is more clever about it. The way Spider Man jumps on your vehicle and it reacts to his weight. Clever and cool. Nothing like that in TSMM.

Plus Spidy opened 10 years ago when the concept was novel, not old and stale like it is now.

Hrudey3032

I am supposed to go see it tonight... If I do, I will report back on how crowded my theater was..

It was pretty empty when I went to see it Sunday 2 weeks ago. I was a little shocked by that myself but I imagine with IMAX showings it will be pretty packed as alot of ppl(myself included) love IMAX.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom