Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

RSoxNo1

I went to IOA with my girlfriend in December and there was very little for her to do. It's a park geared towards teens - even Seuss land isn't that kid friendly because the Cat and the Hat ride spins and requires kids to be able to sit upright (no infants).

im calling chris hansen now....

Yeah, how young is your girlfriend? :lol:

Lol, well played. I guess I need to choose my words more carefully. Those were two separate thoughts. Because we went in December she had no interest in going on the water rides, simulators of any kind (Spiderman) make her sick, and believe it or not, the spinning in Cat and the Hat has the same effect. That meant when we were there she want on The Hulk, Jurassic Park (after seeing that the splash was curbed down), and one of the Dueling Dragons coasters. My point being is that most of the attractions there lack the family appeal. They're far better themed than your average Six Flags, but it's park full of thrill rides that as I said, caters to teens and young adults. And to your answer your question, she's 26.

trr1

Lol, well played. I guess I need to choose my words more carefully. Those were two separate thoughts. Because we went in December she had no interest in going on the water rides, simulators of any kind (Spiderman) make her sick, and believe it or not, the spinning in Cat and the Hat has the same effect. That meant when we were there she want on The Hulk, Jurassic Park (after seeing that the splash was curbed down), and one of the Dueling Dragons coasters. My point being is that most of the attractions there lack the family appeal. They're far better themed than your average Six Flags, but it's park full of thrill rides that as I said, caters to teens and young adults. And to your answer your question, she's 26.

you know that 2+6= 8 :ROFLOL:
just like in herbie goes bananas the boy calls herbie ocho
and when asked why he calls herbie that the said
5 and 3 are 8 everyone knows that :drevil:

mraw

I really should get to seeing it again....Maybe in IMAX?:D

I saw the movie in IMAX '3D' today and I was pretty underwhelmed by it. Only the first 10-20 minutes are in 3D, then they flash the symbol at the bottom of the screen for you to take off your 3D glasses, and the rest of the movie is in 2D. I probably would've enjoyed it much better had I gone in not expecting it to be 3D in its entirety. I think they would come off better advertising it as an IMAX film and the few 3D elements at the beginning can be an unexpected treat. I saw it on a true IMAX screen and had to drive approximately 40 miles from home to see this movie.

Captain Chaos

Saw the movie tonight to an empty theater... Movie pretty much dragged for 2 and a half hours... The only good part, in my opinion, was the 5 minutes before the end... My friend, who read the book, said the book was better...

EPCOT Explorer

I saw the movie in IMAX '3D' today and I was pretty underwhelmed by it. Only the first 10-20 minutes are in 3D, then they flash the symbol at the bottom of the screen for you to take off your 3D glasses, and the rest of the movie is in 2D. I probably would've enjoyed it much better had I gone in not expecting it to be 3D in its entirety. I think they would come off better advertising it as an IMAX film and the few 3D elements at the beginning can be an unexpected treat. I saw it on a true IMAX screen and had to drive approximately 40 miles from home to see this movie.
Yikes.:( That's not cool at all....I was looking forward to the Match.:(

mraw

Saw the movie tonight to an empty theater... Movie pretty much dragged for 2 and a half hours... The only good part, in my opinion, was the 5 minutes before the end... My friend, who read the book, said the book was better...

It definitely felt like a 'bridge' movie to me. It seemed like it was all set up for the next movie IMO. Until the end, nothing noteworthy really occurred. This is the first HP movie I've seen in theaters, whereas I watched the first 5 movies within the timespan of about a week last year. I have the final book and I plan on reading it asap.

Hrudey3032

I agree with most of the statement except there was a few other scenes I found very good. I did get the feeling thhis was a bridge movie too and can only hope the last 2 parts will amp things up.

Captain Chaos

I agree with most of the statement except there was a few other scenes I found very good. I did get the feeling thhis was a bridge movie too and can only hope the last 2 parts will amp things up.

For sure it was a bridge movie.. no doubt... some of the scenes with them being all high were funny... other than that, it was just eh.... nothing special...

marsrunner

Unfortunately I wouldn't hold out much hope for Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2. Its the same director that's managed to butcher Order of the Phoenix and then turned Half-Blood Prince into a snore-fest. How do you not have some of the very important information about Snape in this movie? It ties directly into events that are very important in the final book. It was just a mess.
Its such a strange beast. They manage to cast the characters (and I mean ALL of the characters) almost perfectly in every movie. Dolores Umbridge was pitch-perfect in OotP and every moment that Jim Broadbent was onscreen as Horace Slughorn was wonderful. He's my second favorite character in all of Harry Potter now right after Snape, and I didn't even care for him in the book!
Hopefully they manage to turn it around for parts 7a and 7b, but I'm hesitant to get too excited. There are moments in book 7, specifically in the final chapters that have the potential to be jump out of your seat moments...hope they make it work!

Captain Chaos

hey mars, I am with you.. I really felt like Half Blood was a bore of a movie.. I was very bored watching it, until, like I said, the last 20 minutes or so... if this is how JK protects her work, and makes sure only the best is released, I am holding out very little hope for 7a and 7b..

trr1

your friend is right read the book and see for yourself

imagineer boy

In all fairness though, HBP is easily the least action packed of the HP books. Mostly its just character delopment and lead up to the seventh book.

marsrunner

In all fairness though, HBP is easily the least action packed of the HP books. Mostly its just character delopment and lead up to the seventh book.

Unfortunately they took out most of the interesting character development (in regards to Voldemort and Snape) in the interest of teenage hijinx...which there needed to be some of, but it seems a better balance could have been struck. Its not that what was in the movie was bad, it was just uninterrupted stretches of nothing else of interest going on. There was a substantial mystery to be solved in the book that seemed almost inconsequential in the movie. Then they took out the big action scenes from the book (and they were substantial) because they were afraid it would detract from the action scenes two movies later? That really made no sense at all. Something the movie failed to do, in my opinion, was make Voldemort an omnipresent character like he was in the book. He wasn't physically in the book, but you could feel him directing things all the time. It was actually pretty impressive.
The movies biggest crime (much like it was in OotP vis-a-vis the death of Sirius Black) was that the death of a major character was kind of "Oh, that's sad." In the book it was horrible. You really felt Harry and everyone else's anger, sadness and hopelessness at the end. In the movie I was kinda like..."Well, that sucks."
All my opinion, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom