Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

EPCOT Explorer

Winky? Please let me go through my life without EVER reading a book with a character named "Winky". That's all I ask.

:lookaroun
If that's your excuse...It's a pretty lame one.:lol:

Read the first chapter of the last book. See if that gets you hooked. Then go back to Volume One....;)

If you are a fast reader, you can kill off a book a week.:wave: I did the series(again!) in two, this summer.

krankenstein

Wikipedia is your friend...

research-cat-lolcat.jpg

jt04

If that's your excuse...It's a pretty lame one.:lol:

Read the first chapter of the last book. See if that gets you hooked. Then go back to Volume One....;)

If you are a fast reader, you can kill off a book a week.:wave: I did the series(again!) in two, this summer.

Oh, so you are confirming it's challanging literature and not mass marketed pulp? It's difficult to tell. :shrug:

I'm just not into fiction and I am suspect of anything that appeals to the hysterical masses. (WDW being the exception). If something can't be critisized or questioned without generating reactionary comments from the sheeple, I stay away from it. I run away from it. Just my opinion.

Question Everything, even TDO. :p

Lunamis

So there's going to be a Magiquest? That's something I wouldn't go into IOA to do...you have to pay for the wand, the acessories and then the hours of gameplay unless they are changing that for this location.

It's a really fun attraction though. I have been to the ones in Mrytle Beach and up here in Hanover NJ (the one in NJ is small and lame though).

I hope it geared more towards Harry Potter though then the generic and slightly cheesy fanatsy that it is now.

marsrunner

orly?

:lol::ROFLOL::lol:

:lookaroun

I swear every time I read this forum he's found something to say that's even more hilariously ridiculous than the last time. Seriously, how does he do it? :)

I guess I'll enjoy being a member of the "hysterical masses" with Potter just like I am with Disney.
Honestly, I get more funny looks when I tell people I love Disney theme parks than when I tell them I like Potter, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings or Buffy. I've never had anybody ask me if I wasn't too old for those things, but I have been when I mentioned Disney!

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, so you are confirming it's challanging literature and not mass marketed pulp? It's difficult to tell. :shrug:

I'm just not into fiction and I am suspect of anything that appeals to the hysterical masses. (WDW being the exception). If something can't be critisized or questioned without generating reactionary comments from the sheeple, I stay away from it. I run away from it. Just my opinion.

Question Everything, even TDO. :p

Yes. I consider it to be a very high ranking book. It's done something special.

Trust me jt. You would like the Fantasy.;)I honestly think of her books like a WDW attraction...Highly immersive, very nostalgic, and leaving you wanting more. :wave:

GothMickey

We had a discussion at work yesterday regarding Disney and Universal. Our manager and a co-worker were talking about how they loved Disney. My co-worker said she loves Universal too, but my manager said he didn't care for it. I butt in and mentioned how Universal was going to add a Harry Potter ride. He rolled his eyes. I asked him if he liked the books and movies, and he stated he was a fan. I then asked if he'd go to Universal to see the ride. He confessed he didn't even know a Harry Potter ride was coming. Same for my co-worker. However, my co-worker seemed very interested in the ride, by manager couldn't care less.

Oh well. 1 less person to worry about then.

Captain Chaos

Two more chapters down today... Now it is getting good... Coming up to the parts I was really anticipating... At this pace, I should finish the first book by the weekend... :)

Captain Chaos

We had a discussion at work yesterday regarding Disney and Universal. Our manager and a co-worker were talking about how they loved Disney. My co-worker said she loves Universal too, but my manager said he didn't care for it. I butt in and mentioned how Universal was going to add a Harry Potter ride. He rolled his eyes. I asked him if he liked the books and movies, and he stated he was a fan. I then asked if he'd go to Universal to see the ride. He confessed he didn't even know a Harry Potter ride was coming. Same for my co-worker. However, my co-worker seemed very interested in the ride, by manager couldn't care less.

Oh well. 1 less person to worry about then.

Had a similar conversation with someone I used to work with... I knew she loved Universal more than Disney... So I brought up the Harry Potter attraction for IOA, and she couldn't control the excitement... She did not know about the new land being built... She totally geeked out...

SirGoofy

Two more chapters down today... Now it is getting good... Coming up to the parts I was really anticipating... At this pace, I should finish the first book by the weekend... :)

I honestly couldn't put a HP book down when I picked one up. I wouldn't sleep until it was finished.

Is that bad?:lookaroun

Captain Chaos

I honestly couldn't put a HP book down when I picked one up. I wouldn't sleep until it was finished.

There are help groups out there.. LOL.. Actually, I read it on the lightrail going to and coming home from work... I am going to try to get another chapter in before crashing for the night... Got some things to take care of first...

EPCOT Explorer

Not at all.

I finished books 5, 6, and 7 in under 12 hours, when they were released. I didn't sleep. I did eat, however. With the book propped up on the water jug or somrthing.:D

SeaBreeze

Not at all.

I finished books 5, 6, and 7 in under 12 hours, when they were released. I didn't sleep. I did eat, however. With the book propped up on the water jug or somrthing.:D

Sounds like we could start a WDWMagic HP support group... I read them all cover to cover when I got them too :lookaroun And somehow at the end of the 5th one I had enough energy left to throw the book at the wall in anger; found out the next day that it was one of the 'rare upside down printing' editions. Oops :)

Captain Chaos

Sounds like we could start a WDWMagic HP support group... I read them all cover to cover when I got them too :lookaroun And somehow at the end of the 5th one I had enough energy left to throw the book at the wall in anger; found out the next day that it was one of the 'rare upside down printing' editions. Oops :)

Now, how much would THAT go for on ebay lol...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom