Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

SeaBreeze

Now, how much would THAT go for on ebay lol...

Haha no idea since I never checked it out but the next morning it was a story on CNN and my roommate was like "Isn't that what you were complaining about with that book you tried to knock the wall down with last night?"

EPCOT Explorer

Sounds like we could start a WDWMagic HP support group... I read them all cover to cover when I got them too :lookaroun And somehow at the end of the 5th one I had enough energy left to throw the book at the wall in anger; found out the next day that it was one of the 'rare upside down printing' editions. Oops :)
Ooooooh...Was the book OK?

SeaBreeze

I read the second book and I really enjoyed it, but I never read the first or any books after :(

If you liked one of the books you should give them all a shot. Most people think that each book was better than the last as they get more complex as the series progresses. Just make sure you have your day cleared :lol:

Ooooooh...Was the book OK?

Yeah, it wasn't harmed in the hissy fit. Those books are tough. Or I'm that weak. :lookaroun

Apologies for the thread drift :wave:

_Scar

If you liked one of the books you should give them all a shot. Most people think that each book was better than the last as they get more complex as the series progresses. Just make sure you have your day cleared :lol:

Well, I guess I forgot to mention I was in 4th grade and it took me almost the whole school year. I;m not much of a read, but I could probably knock a book out in a week if I dedicate a few hours everyday and I plan to read the whole series before the sixth movie to get all excited. :sohappy: I'm excited to delve into the books.

SeaBreeze

Well, I guess I forgot to mention I was in 4th grade and it took me almost the whole school year. I;m not much of a read, but I could probably knock a book out in a week if I dedicate a few hours everyday and I plan to read the whole series before the sixth movie to get all excited. :sohappy: I'm excited to delve into the books.

Take your time actually. I read them so fast I wound up forgetting a lot so I had to re-read them. I hope you enjoy them if/when you get around to reading all of them :wave:

_Scar

Take your time actually. I read them so fast I wound up forgetting a lot so I had to re-read them. I hope you enjoy them if/when you get around to reading all of them :wave:

:D Thanks. I also think that WWoHP will get me to want to get into the books even more.

jonnyc

I finished books 5, 6, and 7 in under 12 hours, when they were released. I didn't sleep. I did eat, however. With the book propped up on the water jug or somrthing.:D

Under 12 hours is pretty impressive. I did it for the last book to avoid spoilers, and i think i got the book at 9am and then read it till 2am. I did take time for a shower and food during though.

Going a bit OT i always Disney a great place to read, i think i got through 4/5 books on my last trip. Granted they were not the epic length of Goblet of Fire!

JustInTime

Under 12 hours is pretty impressive. I did it for the last book to avoid spoilers, and i think i got the book at 9am and then read it till 2am. I did take time for a shower and food during though.

Going a bit OT i always Disney a great place to read, i think i got through 4/5 books on my last trip. Granted they were not the epic length of Goblet of Fire!

5 is the longest one.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: Thanks. I speed read, but not to the point where I don't know what I'm reading. It's odd. And yeah, Picked it up at 9Am..Finished around 8.:lol: Just stayed home all day.

marsrunner

Did the midnight thing for Harry Potter 7. There's a Barnes & Noble right behind my house. If you preordered it (just basically said hey I want a copy) they called everybody up to the register in groups...A-D, E-G, etc. They had every register open. I was in and out of there in about a half hour and it was jam packed. Very smooth. Had to buy two copies...one the collector's edition, one the regular hard back because the wife and I both wanted to read it. We just got finished reading them together for the second time the day before. I'd read a book, then she'd read it so I was always one ahead of her. Fun. :)

CaptainMichael

I tried that for book 5 and it was a miserable experience. B&N was packed, hot and utterly gross. Waited in line for an hour. Went home. Slept. Got book at 9:00 with no wait. Done by 8:30 PM.:D

See, I would go to the big bookstore blowouts, leave, drive up to Wal-Mart, go in, pick up a book from a large pallet and go home. Took no time at all. For the last book, I got in line at a small bookstore in the mall. It didn't take long and was worth getting it from a "real" bookstore for the last time :sob:

EPCOT Explorer

See, I would go to the big bookstore blowouts, leave, drive up to Wal-Mart, go in, pick up a book from a large pallet and go home. Took no time at all. For the last book, I got in line at a small bookstore in the mall. It didn't take long and was worth getting it from a "real" bookstore for the last time :sob:

Ah...Smart. But then again, I wanted to sleep.:cool::lol:

And yeah, I was pretty sad the last time I went into the WalMart for a HP Book.
:(

Can't wait until she writes something else...

trr1

I have and have read all 7 books and tales of Beadle the Bard. I have all the books on cd read also.all read by Stephen Fry. (the narrator of the Harry Potter audiobooks in England) loved all of them
boy I wish Disney did aquire the right for the park and not Universal.

jt04

I have and have read all 7 books and have them all on cd read by Stephen Fry. (the narrator of the Harry Potter audiobooks in England) loved all of them
boy I wish Disney did aquire the right for the park and not Universal.

Not me. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom