Great Movie Ride Effects Watch

pumpkin7

Wasnt this little toy bird hidden in the Alien scene? I saw a thread a while back that mentioned it. Anyone know if it was or is still there? We looked for it in January but could not find it.

Tedco-Toys-Drinking-Bird by wdisney9000, on Flickr

I remember reading that too. I'm sure I looked out for it in 2010, and it might have been there but I can't remember. I know all the names of the crew who put together GMR are on a computer screen on the floor on one side of the ride vehicle. I'm trying to confirm if the bird was ever there or not.

Slipknot

I remember reading that too. I'm sure I looked out for it in 2010, and it might have been there but I can't remember. I know all the names of the crew who put together GMR are on a computer screen on the floor on one side of the ride vehicle. I'm trying to confirm if the bird was ever there or not.

The bird was there. I'll see if it still is tomorrow.

jeff59rt

Rode the ride today and everything looked great! Was in the gangster scene and the car was moving, the guns were popping and the steam was steaming!..our gangster guy was cheesy and flubbed the Indiana scene at the end though. For someone who doesn't know the first two cars are the cowboy scene and the last two are the gangster scene, and both were playing today as the park was crowded.

JafarMaleficent

The bird was there. I'll see if it still is tomorrow.

I rode it a couple weeks ago and it was still there. I know you know where it is but for those who don't, it is on the righthand side when you first enter the Alien scene. I may see you out there tomorrow. I was debating whether or not to go.

articos

Neither of the aliens have ever spit, though imagineers have spit and acid on your mind through the combination of the "dripping" chains in the entrance and the dripping effect where you can see the spot where the facehugger's blood melted through the bulkhead.
The lunging aliens both make "spitting" sound effects which also adds to the experience.

I was also totally freaked out by the alien sequence as a young kid, though I was also totally interested in the alien creature as a result. My dad bought me an expensive "Giger's Alien" artbook in the giftshop, though I wouldn't actually see Alien itself until many years later.

If they ever did remove the Alien sequence from the Great Movie Ride, I would be heartbroken, but on the bright side an Alien-themed darkride would be such an awesome addition to the Studios if they still retained the license... just so long as they don't include anything from that hackjob Prometheus.

The ceiling Alien has a water spritz effect to go with the sound FX. I don't remember if the wall Alien does, but I don't think so. No idea if it works, has been turned off or is broken. The glycol ooze at the entry sets the stage. I took a spin through last fall, and there was no water, but depending on where you sit you could easily miss it. I was more annoyed they were running the show with the finale projectors clearly screwed up, and evidently had been all day.

dreamscometrue

He wasn't working on any of three rides on 2/28, 3/1 or 3/2...nor on any ride in Jan or Feb of this year, or Oct, Nov or Dec of last year....so of maybe 12 times I've gone on it in the last six months, its never worked

Fyi: This was filmed during the first week of February 2013 (not by me). Watch from 2:20 mark on. :)

FettFan

Pre 3/6: Props in queue updated, now includes Freddy's Sweater from Nightmare on Elm Street and Holo Chess Board from Star Wars.

The holo chess board isn't exactly new....it pops up from time to time. I really want them to bring back the Nostromo space suit.

FettFan

If I knew Alien ended well, maybe I would watch it, but the woman gets bitten by the alien and becomes half alien...no thanks.

Nope. Ripley survives and becomes the main character in Aliens
ALIENS-001.jpg

and Alien3.

aliencb33.jpg

We won't even talk about Alien: Resurrection. That movie was a major turd and deserves to be struck from canon.

joanna71985

The Great Movie Ride deserves a refurb for sure. And wouldn't it be great if the originally-planned tornado scene was someday actually installed? The Fantasia scene is pretty damn weak anyway. A well-done tornado scene would add a bit of thrill that the ride needs. And IMO, the Alien scene needs to be replaced. It has never seemed scary to me. Just lame. I'd put a Star Wars scene in there instead.

Unfortunately, I don't see Fantasia being removed for that

jeff59rt

The alien that comes out of the ceiling wasn't working tonight when we rode with the cowboy scenario, but did work on Wednesday with the gangster, don't know if it makes a difference or not. Did get pictures of the little bird though will post when we get home.

Captain Hank

The ceiling Alien has a water spritz effect to go with the sound FX. I don't remember if the wall Alien does, but I don't think so. No idea if it works, has been turned off or is broken. The glycol ooze at the entry sets the stage. I took a spin through last fall, and there was no water, but depending on where you sit you could easily miss it. I was more annoyed they were running the show with the finale projectors clearly screwed up, and evidently had been all day.
From what I've heard, it isn't actually an effect, but rather condensation dripping down as an unintended side effect of the CO2 in use.

articos

I believe youre right because theyre always raving about how Stitch is the first "spitting" AA
He was, but there's a difference between an AA that's rigged with a spitting effect and an AA that also has a separate water effect hidden in the scenery nearby. All in the marketing. I don't know for sure on the Alien scene, but I seem to remember there was a water effect somewhere there. May be mistaken though. Will look into it.

Figments Friend

The Alien scene is awesome, mainly for the alarm and "danger! the emergency destruct system is now active" announcement
I love the original film, so to actually be able to *visit * the Nostromo and hear those famous words...oohhh....i so geek out in a good way.

I find the ceiling alien has a less effect on the audience as far as the scare factor goes compared to the wall alien. Both are cool...but i wish the ceiling one would lunge out of his hole a bit more.
Ah, the pre-Yeti days of AAs....

articos

I love the original film, so to actually be able to *visit * the Nostromo and hear those famous words...oohhh....i so geek out in a good way.

I find the ceiling alien has a less effect on the audience as far as the scare factor goes compared to the wall alien. Both are cool...but i wish the ceiling one would lunge out of his hole a bit more.
Ah, the pre-Yeti days of AAs....
Ceiling scared the hell out of me the first time I saw him working. I haven't seen him lunge properly in years, though. That show scene is really effective - the scale of Nostromo is just perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom