Great Movie Ride Effects Watch

aladdin2007

They have also added new mega bright strobe lights to the alien on the right side, I MEAN WICKED BRIGHT!!!. Sorry if this was already noted here, i just kinda quickly skimmed the thread.....but everything though did look good today except that opening footlight parade scene, wow TDO really? You wont even pay to use real bubbles anymore? Would it really take that much out of your bonuses? I also dont like the new broom the witch got recently, it looks way too light colored and brand new and fake, the old one fit the part so much better.

Jerm

Pre 3/6: Props in queue updated, now includes Freddy's Sweater from Nightmare on Elm Street and Holo Chess Board from Star Wars.

3/6: Black Limmo added to courtyard.

I know the Chess Board has been in there forever, but the Sweater is pretty new. I was on it last week and have to say it is looking great!

Genie of the Lamp

I love this ride! Don't get me wrong, but I can recite the script of the ride..

You should be a ride operator/vehicle driver for this ride then. BTW, I understand that the changes @Thrill Seeker is talking about happened recently, however I found this 3 week old Youtube vid of the ride if anyone wants to watch. So I don't know if what's in the video looks like what it does today.

Part one on top, Part 2 on bottom

Tinkerbell 8

So glad to hear they are fixing this ride up! It was a mess the last time we were there. In all 13 times I've been to Disney I've only been in the gangster car, and up until about 2 years ago I had no idea there was a cowboy one. If I ask before loading will they let us in the car that does the cowboy scene?

Mad Stitch

It would also be neat if they could make the exit scene really spectacular and add something other than a movie montage.

The original plans did have more planned for the finale. Something along the lines of all the animatronics you see throughout the ride come back at the end and take a bow as you exit the movie montage room. Unfortunately I can’t find the article right now.

Bairstow

Last visit we had a girl with a heavy British accent that was the Cowboy/girl that high jacks the ride. It was dreadful. I never knew there were British cowboys. The part where she said "nows a good time to collect all your valuables" was nothing short of hillarious. Felt like I was being robbed by Hermione from Harry Potter!lol.

Bob's her uncle.

Rob562

I have been looking for the article for the last 20 minutes and can't find anything. What I remeber from it was that Footlight Parade was supposed to spin and have water effects (when the ride originally opened it did, but matinence problems with the water caused it to be stationary and have a skim put in front of it), there was never supposed to be a Fantasia scene, that room was to be used for a Wizard of Oz scene involving Dorothy's house spinning in the cyclon (which is why there is wind in the Fantasia room now), and like what @Mad Stitch said, there was supposed to be Audio-Animatronics on platforms in the grand finale scene. That's all I remeber from the article and I'm sorry I can't find it right now.

I'll look for it, but I believe it was a Jim Hill article. The idea was that the finale room would be the Wizard's throne room from the Emerald City. There would be a wall down the middle so each set of cars would have its own room. Somehow during that segment the "man behind the curtain" would be revealed (possibly by your tram driver after leaving the vehicle) to have been the same gangster or bandit who hijacked your vehicle earlier. Curtains would then rise along the side of the room and copies of all of the main animatronic "actors" would take a bow along with the gangster/bandit.

-Rob

Tom Morrow

Wow, that's crazy. I can't imagine how much they saved by not including that scene.

That said, I think for updates, the bare minimum they could do is re-do the finale film a bit. Some of the films are almost completely irrelevant to movie history - for example: Three Men and a Baby?

articos

I have been looking for the article for the last 20 minutes and can't find anything. What I remeber from it was that Footlight Parade was supposed to spin and have water effects (when the ride originally opened it did, but matinence problems with the water caused it to be stationary and have a skim put in front of it), there was never supposed to be a Fantasia scene, that room was to be used for a Wizard of Oz scene involving Dorothy's house spinning in the cyclon (which is why there is wind in the Fantasia room now), and like what @Mad Stitch said, there was supposed to be Audio-Animatronics on platforms in the grand finale scene. That's all I remeber from the article and I'm sorry I can't find it right now.
skim = scrim :).

Jeffxz

At this point, would DHS be considered the most show-ready park? This thread got me thinking about the other show issues at the park and the worst I can come up with is the broken Roger Rabbit outline. I realize the backlot tour is a shell of its former self, but I believe most of what is intended to be there is working. With the improvements in GMR, are there any other cronic show issues around the park?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tower has numerous show issues. It's one of those that has so many effects that some not working correctly can go unnoticed.

GMR was looking good last year too, sadly the AAs in general are showing their age. Some now have compliance, and the witch was the first A100, but in general they look..... robotic....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom