Great Movie Ride Effects Watch

Figments Friend

Ceiling scared the hell out of me the first time I saw him working. I haven't seen him lunge properly in years, though. That show scene is really effective - the scale of Nostromo is just perfect.
-
Yes, i agree..the Nostromo is beautifully done. It has always been my favorite section, next to Oz. Absolutely LOVE how it was designed..perfectly captures the feel of the film.
The way the intensity builds once your ride vehicle enters that section is great...first the setting, then the warning lights, then Ripley freaked out and the dripping slime...and then...THE VOICE of 'Mother' !
Awesome stuff. Just wish the alien in the ceiling was working to full capacity.

Figments Friend

Man, I love the Wicked Witch. She's by far the best animatronic on site. She looks so convincing that I could have sworn that it was a real person when I was younger, especially as she 'talks' to the ride CM. Seriously cool considering her age.
She is awesome...even today...she still impresses.

I was at HS in late January with a couple of friends, and we rode through. It was the first time either of them experienced the attraction, and they live locally!

One of said friends owns his own Animatronics company and knows figures inside and out, but when he rode TGMR he was completely fooled by the Wicked Witch.
He thought it was a live performer, and you should have seen the look on his face when i told him it was a AA!
He was very impressed...even more so when i told him the attraction opened in 1989.

I am guessing he assumed that the Witch was also a CM, since two other performing CMs are involved in the ride through on any given vehicle.

Figments Friend

yes but is he singing? That was something I noticed last time I was on was how many weren't singing...

Oh for anyone that wants some great history on GMR and really Disney/MGM here is part two of a great tribute someone (not to point fingers) put together.

He was singing when i saw him in late January.

Oh..and thanks for posting the video. Martin has some awesome stuff !
:)

Bairstow

She is awesome...even today...she still impresses.

I was at HS in late January with a couple of friends, and we rode through. It was the first time either of them experienced the attraction, and they live locally!

One of said friends owns his own Animatronics company and knows figures inside and out, but when he rode TGMR he was completely fooled by the Wicked Witch.
He thought it was a live performer, and you should have seen the look on his face when i told him it was a AA!
He was very impressed...even more so when i told him the attraction opened in 1989.

I am guessing he assumed that the Witch was also a CM, since two other performing CMs are involved in the ride through on any given vehicle.

A-100s like the Witch have always been impressive, but to your friend's credit, didn't she receive a major upgrade sometime after 1989?
Anyone know when that was?

Figments Friend

A-100s like the Witch have always been impressive, but to your friend's credit, didn't she receive a major upgrade sometime after 1989?
Anyone know when that was?
Ah yes...you may be well right in saying Ms. Witch has had a upgrade since installation in 1989.
My memory is hazy...but perhaps it was mid to late 90s ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom