Great Movie Ride Effects Watch

tissandtully

I haven't been on GMR in a while, is it still using a film-based finale or have they switched to Digital Projection? I did notice the last time I went, the print didn't look like it was in too great of shape. I'm sure they have plenty of those to swap out though.

OFTeric

Wow, that's crazy. I can't imagine how much they saved by not including that scene.

That said, I think for updates, the bare minimum they could do is re-do the finale film a bit. Some of the films are almost completely irrelevant to movie history - for example: Three Men and a Baby?

3 Men and a Baby hold a special place in Disney history, since it was the first true Block Buster film for Touchstone Pictures.

Touchstone's first film was Splash in 1984 which earned $62 million and all the movies in between were mild successes but with 3 Men and a Baby it grossed $167 million, finally putting Touchstone Pictures on the map, giving Eisner more clout, that would be followed by Good Morning Vietnam and Who Framed Roger Rabbit

dhall

Id be fine if they just put CM's who can play the role of the driver better. Last visit we had a girl with a heavy British accent that was the Cowboy/girl that high jacks the ride. It was dreadful. I never knew there were British cowboys. The part where she said "nows a good time to collect all your valuables" was nothing short of hillarious. Felt like I was being robbed by Hermione from Harry Potter!lol. I hope it was no ones first time riding it, as it would have surely confused them

I almost think I'd like that better! The driver/live actor part was really cool the first couple of times, but it's gotten pretty stale. Maybe they should rotate all of the cast members from the various Epcot countries through tGMR

cynic710

this is one of those rides where i would welcome an upgrade of sorts, but leaving it alone wouldnt sway me from riding every time i visit. CMS who come off corney and out of character add to the experience for me, in a jungle cruise sort of way, like they are bad actors obviously acting.

George Lucas on a Bench

I feel like many of the animatronics were toned down. The alien next to the car I think used to be retracted in the wall. Every time I've seen it for the longest time, it's out and just hunched over until the animation begins. If it's got the drool going on, that's an improvement.

The Wicked Witch I feel used to have more fluid and impressive animation in the 90s. Now the movements are slightly more robotic.

joanna71985

I just wish they would alternate the gangster/western scenes more often. I guess I could have bad luck but its been years since I have seen the western scene.

Western runs year-round. It may not run as long in the day during slower times, but it is still done

So glad to hear they are fixing this ride up! It was a mess the last time we were there. In all 13 times I've been to Disney I've only been in the gangster car, and up until about 2 years ago I had no idea there was a cowboy one. If I ask before loading will they let us in the car that does the cowboy scene?

Yes. As long as it is still running that day, they will get you on the next available vehicle

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
The finale scene was supposed to have a divider between cars and the characters taking a bow on the side. There was going to be a short Oz scene then the divider would be lifted and the characters would be visible. You can actually see the carpeted areas to the left and right I believe. Those were the areas the animatronics were supposed to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom