Gran Fiesta debacle...

jmvd20

from Linda Mac: I was in Epcot yesterday (April 2) and the
new Gran Fiesta Tour featuring the Three Caballeros (formerly El
Rio del Tiempo in the Mexico pavilion) was NOT open. A cast
member at the attraction told me that they needed to tweak a few
things and it would probably be open by Friday at the latest.

This was from another place..Seems like someone was there sometime today..

:eek:

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

maggiegrace1

Wish you were on the side of the fence that wanted to see Epcot do well and succeed. *shrug*
Oh Lord..You cannot be serious...:brick:

You seriously need to get out more...

Just because someone does not complain about every little thing does not mean they do not care if Epcot does well or succeeds...

CTXRover

If we don't complain about this small inconvience then next time Disney will do something even more insulting and if nobody complains than they will continue to abuse the goodwill of the guests. Thus Quality will continue to decline.

Voice your disappointment now to prevent Disney from turning into Six Flags.

Imo it is absolutely absurd to use this specific incident as a reasoning to complain about or even suggest that it is an example of declining guest service. There are many more cases that I would be more worried about. I appreciate that people went there with the idea that it would be open to enjoy, but from what I can gather, it was never promised to them. There was no special grand reopening event or party planned that you missed out on. Disney likely expected that this minor attraction with virtually zero press about its redo would gather a handful of guests planning their whole day around riding this particular ride.

Thus the 2 or three signs both outside and inside the pavilion, the construction wall, along with any CM within a few feet of the ride that someone could have asked "hey, isn't this ride opening today" should be enough to inform those who came that it wasn't reopening yet.

Apparently some CM informed someone, otherwise, where did the info that it was delayed to this weekend ever come from in the first place?

ToTBellHop

Wish you were on the side of the fence that wanted to see Epcot do well and succeed. *shrug*
Epcot's doin fine...attendance is up, refurbishments are up. Lost somewhere in this discussion has been props to Disney for actually refurbishing World Showcase. I guess that's unimportant if 30 guests end up in tears in Mexico, though...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Epcot's doin fine...attendance is up, refurbishments are up. Lost somewhere in this discussion has been props to Disney for actually refurbishing World Showcase. I guess that's unimportant if 30 guests end up in tears in Mexico, though...

Side note - did you see the pics of Lotus Blossom? It's stunning!

Pongo

where are these people who think it will be amazing...and can I have some of whatever they are drinking?

"wastin' away again in Margaritaville"

Okay. Maybe not amazing. But I don't think it will be worth making a special trip there when you don't even know it's opened yet.

Epcot is doing well. Epcot is succeeding. Epcots do-wellness and success do not hinge on GFT!

Why not complain about Soarin's extended wait times because of the closed queue? Why not complain about the datedness of all of the World Shocase movies? Why not complain about the perfectly usable building that is standing dormant in FW East? Why not complain about fact that the fireworks are over the lagoon and if youre standing in the wrong spot, the wind will make you wish you were never born?

These things matter to the success of Epcot. At least more than GFT opening date. That's probably at the BOTTOM of the success list.

ToTBellHop

Okay. Maybe not amazing. But I don't think it will be worth making a special trip there when you don't even know it's opened yet.

Epcot is doing well. Epcot is succeeding. Epcots do-wellness and success do not hinge on GFT!

Why not complain about Soarin's extended wait times because of the closed queue? Why not complain about the datedness of all of the World Shocase movies? Why not complain about the perfectly usable building that is standing dormant in FW East? Why not complain about fact that the fireworks are over the lagoon and if youre standing in the wrong spot, the wind will make you wish you were never born?

These things matter to the success of Epcot. At least more than GFT opening date. That's probably at the BOTTOM of the success list.
why not complain that the fact that Future World West is to the right and Future World East is to the left when you enter the park is counter-intuitive, and they really need to re-orient the park so that it is north-facing like the MK and AK...or offer an orienteering class at the entrance.

Hakuna matata.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Actually, Epcot needs capacity right now in the form of a real lure. Making El Rio in Gran Fiesta fits that bill, moreso then trying to reopen Wonders.

Even if people just casually ride Gran Fiesta as much as people ride Energy (which holds up suprisingly well in attendance) it will help the park balance signifigantly. El Rio on the other hand was not doing the job it needed to be doing and bringing people in.

It's along the lines of why Living with the Land dropped CMs and went automated to be able to move more people more quickly.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster

and I wont think Epcot is really "doing well" until it starts using the parking lot regularly again. It's at about 10mil for attendance yearly. It needs to be around 14mil.

Pongo

why not complain that the fact that Future World West is to the right and Future World East is to the left when you enter the park is counter-intuitive, and they really need to re-orient the park so that it is north-facing like the MK and AK...or offer an orienteering class at the entrance.

Hakuna matata.

Seriously. I actually had to think when I wrote that WoL was in FW East :lol:

I find it sad that if someone has a complaint on here (that they always complain) and if you dont agree that (you are anti-disney). I always thought that we had the first amendment to protect us for our speech unless it is not politicaly correct:ROFLOL: which I think is a joke if words hurt you go back to first grade and learn the hard way that life is not always fair. I have read on these boards for over a year and just became a member and I can not believe that some get their comments taken off if it stings:drevil: :fork: someone a bit. I for one don't like the color red but yet someone else does. Is this case would it be ok for me to be fined or edit me because I don't like red. I guess working at a Newspaper I can not believe the things people get mad over but yet we can offend other groups due to free speech!!!!!!!!!:hammer:

speck76

I just had a thought...

If Disney had any intention of opening Gran Fiesta Tour on April 2nd, then where were the CM's to staff the attraction?

Mexico CMs aren't cross trained at multiple locations. The restaurant and shops wouldn't need the extra CMs, and Disney can't just send people home like that.

So where were they? Why wasn't anyone posted outfront to meet people and tell them the ride wouldn't be opening? If they had the attraction to any true level of completeness to actually operate, then the CMs would have been staffed - and being staffed, if the ride isn't open when it's supposed to be, a CM would of been outfront greeting guests.

Thus, obviously they've known that the ride wouldn't open on time for a while. No CM's means they had time to not schedule them or tell them all to stay home. It's not a problem that came up April 2nd at 8am or something. They've known it wouldn't open with days worth of lead time.

Why didn't they post someone out front or update the website or put information in the times guide? I think the people who went and were met with just a rehab wall should be angry at Disney. They knew the problem was going to happen and wasted your time.

I suggest voicing your dissapointment. If anything, Disney will think twice about doing such a thing in the future.

I have come to the conclusion that you are the type of person that looks at a glass and says "That glass is half empty. If the Walt Disney Company were to fill that glass, they would probably break it. Let's all complain about the half empty glass!!!"

:rolleyes:

Wilt Dasney

I have come to the conclusion that you are the type of person that looks at a glass and says "That glass is half empty. If the Walt Disney Company were to fill that glass, they would probably break it. Let's all complain about the half empty glass!!!"

:rolleyes:

:ROFLOL:

Props.

Sometimes I do believe Disney does brake the glass trying to fill it and tell you its great even though its broken. I liked the El Rio ride before the changes, but it was not liked by many so they felt a change was do I hope it is for the good and not like living with the seas that they bring in cartoons for the brain dead slabs that seem to be coming more and more!!!!!:hammer:

juan

I'm gonna repost this because everyone is still arguing
So everyone is mad that it wasn't open Monday. Why?

Well if people took the time to notice end of refurb on Disney.com (which was never updated and is unreliable), then why didn't they try any of the following?

Anyone check the Epcot Time's Guide available everywhere? It clearly says CLOSED.

Did anyone ask any CM's if it would be open? Every CM everywhere has a personal times guide (should always have) that says El Rio closed 1/3/07-4/6/07

There are CM's standing 10ft away from the entrance - Anyone ask them?

If anyone tried any of the above, they would realize that it was CLOSED and not going to magically open.

Disney doesn't owe anyone an apology. If people would have just looked for 2 seconds, they would have got their answer. Even without leaving the front gate!

And Disney has even taken precautions to prevent people from getting upset for it not being open. The times guide for April 6th and 7th says closed even though it should open on the 7th. This allows Disney to not disappoint if the ride is not able to open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom