Gran Fiesta debacle...

CTXRover

I still think this is blown WAY out of proportion. It was the opening of a modified, relatively minor ride that received basically no press or publicity of either the reopening or the fact that it is even being redone, with a reopening date based off an assumption that the end of a refurb schedule on Disney.com automatically meant an official reopening the day after. Comparing this to the opening of a major pavilion redo or major ride or any show that gets any press from Disney that had a CM stationed outside to answer questions is absurd imo, especially when every CM is needed to do other relatively more important jobs to make sure the other 90-95% of guests at Epcot yesterday during this busy period had an enjoyable time. I would never use this as an example of poor planning, lack of care or lack of attention to details as some have suggested in this thread. I honestly think in this particular case, that there is very little for Disney to learn other than keep the WDW website more up to date, in which there are countless, more legitimate cases that suggest that . Nobody has shown that April 2nd was an official date. The WDW website obviously listed the refurb schedule, but it was not updated (for whatever reason.

These signs from EpcotServo's great update from April 2nd should have been enough. What again would a CM not directly working on the refurb be able to tell those who showed up that these signs couldn't?:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4359471&a=32501546&p=75441175

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4359471&a=32501546&p=75441190

Pics courtesy of EpcotServo...his full update here:http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4359471&a=32501546&f=0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
They can use the same people who have to tell people trying to get into a park b/c it's closed due to capacity. They'll have thick skin, won't they? :lol:

Any CM who can't stand outfront of Gran Fiesta, tell folks the park is full, or stand outside any other attraction and apologize profusely for the inconvience has no place working at WDW. Just my opinion.

Pongo

Doesn't matter - all guests are special - a mistake is a mistake, no matter how big or small. You'd certainly be peeved if they did same thing for Everest wouldn't you?

It's not a good practice and someone should take the blame.

EXACTLY!

But you cannot begin to compare Everest and GFT.

Disney just didn't expect this. Forgive them. They did nothing wrong. At least on purpose.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
When Im there in October, and I find a water fountain that isnt working, there better be a CM there to explain to me why no water comes out when I push the button.....

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
These signs from EpcotServo's great update from April 2nd should have been enough. What again would a CM not directly working on the refurb be able to tell those who showed up that these signs couldn't?

"I'm sorry."

Which is actually Disney's policy, for everything, even if it's not their fault.

Enigma

Account Suspended
If we don't complain about this small inconvience then next time Disney will do something even more insulting and if nobody complains than they will continue to abuse the goodwill of the guests. Thus Quality will continue to decline.

Voice your disappointment now to prevent Disney from turning into Six Flags.

Pongo

I'm fine with it being your personal opinion - it should not be the opinion of Disney though.

That ride should have opened on schedule, sadly did not, and anyone inconvienced by it deserved an apology for it - from a person. That's Disney.

Not excuses, not "deal with it," not "oh, come back later or just stay home if you don't like it" which is very unDisney.

I think this is all a big misunderstanding. You didn't expect the ride to be closed. Disney didn't expect you to be waiting.

THEREFORE no need for the apology on their part. Do you want them to apologize for not apologizing.

Even better: Did you still have a fun day in Disney despite? If not, then I don't know what to say...

ToTBellHop

LOL! So there were signs. What a waste of time this has been...what's next? A thread complaining about a broken drinking fountain with no prior notice at the entrance? I noticed last time I went that one of the talking drinking fountains was not talking...I shoulda filed a complaint because there wasn't a CM at the drinking fountain to explain to me why it was broken, who was going to fix it, when it'd be fixed, and give me a free churro to qualm my frustrations.

The Fountain of Nations was closed this past weekend. Why weren't there any complaints?

The "seasonal" Wonders of Life isn't open this week. Shouldn't there be CMs positioned there to explain why it's closed?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If we don't complain about this small inconvience then next time Disney will do something even more insulting and if nobody complains than they will continue to abuse the goodwill of the guests. Thus Quality will continue to decline.

Voice your disappointment now to prevent Disney from turning into Six Flags.

Disney turning into Six Flags is like saying, Bloomingdales is going to turn into Walmart. Paleeeez.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
LOL! So there were signs. What a waste of time this has been...what's next? A thread complaining about a broken drinking fountain with no prior notice at the entrance? I noticed last time I went that one of the talking drinking fountains was not talking...I shoulda filed a complaint because there wasn't a CM at the drinking fountain to explain to me why it was broken, who was going to fix it, when it'd be fixed, and give me a free churro to qualm my frustrations.

The Fountain of Nations was closed this past weekend. Why weren't there any complaints?

The "seasonal" Wonders of Life isn't open this week. Shouldn't there be CMs positioned there to explain why it's closed?

When Im there in October, and I find a water fountain that isnt working, there better be a CM there to explain to me why no water comes out when I push the button.....

:lol: :lol:

DisneySaint

Ok I'm pulling myself out of this ... the opinions are so strong on both sides that a further discussion will accomplish nothing more than further refreshes and quick replies.

In the end, this will all be a big joke b/c the ride will open and everyone will have riden it and this will all be forgotten.

ToTBellHop

Gosh...I woulda never had a girlfriend for more than about an hour if I expected an apology for every mishap (and, more often, if my girlfriend at the time expected an apology every time I screw up...I do it so often I lose track...sigh).

DisneySaint

But before I go... :sohappy: to this guy. I'm so glad there are so many standing on this side of the fence.

Pongo

Ok I'm pulling myself out of this ... the opinions are so strong on both sides that a further discussion will accomplish nothing more than further refreshes and quick replies.

In the end, this will all be a big joke b/c the ride will open and everyone will have riden it and this will all be forgotten.

And it probably won't be as amazing as everyone thinks it will be :lol:

jmvd20

Smart thing to do, I should have dropped this about 4 hours ago but It is actually giving me healthy breaks from a tedious project for work.

Of course in the end all of this will be OK - but what about the thrill of acivil discussion for the time being :lookaroun

maggiegrace1

from Linda Mac: I was in Epcot yesterday (April 2) and the
new Gran Fiesta Tour featuring the Three Caballeros (formerly El
Rio del Tiempo in the Mexico pavilion) was NOT open. A cast
member at the attraction told me that they needed to tweak a few
things and it would probably be open by Friday at the latest.

This was from another place..Seems like someone was there sometime today..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom