Gran Fiesta debacle...

WhyteAL

I've read this whole post and this is what is most important to me at the moment...

I think there are more important things to worry about like why Disney is not offering Cherry Coke Zero in its refreshment carts....thats the real travisty.

What is the deal I like cherry coke too!!!!!! :shrug: WHAT!!!:shrug:

No really I would also want Disney to add Mountain Dew too!!! (I know it's made by pepsi....but Disney please make a small exception ppppplllllleeeeeaaaaassssseee!!!!!!! I need my addiction:( )*

*I know that this post is irealivent to this disscussion but there are some many different posts from different folks round here I felt I needed to be here too, I like to be amongst good company...LOL

:)

I've read this whole post and this is what is most important to me at the moment...

What is the deal I like cherry coke too!!!!!! :shrug: WHAT!!!:shrug:

No really I would also want Disney to add Mountain Dew too!!! (I know it's made by pepsi....but Disney please make a small exception ppppplllllleeeeeaaaaassssseee!!!!!!! I need my addiction:( )*

*I know that this post is irealivent to this disscussion but there are some many different posts from different folks round here I felt I needed to be here too, I like to be amongst good company...LOL

:)

As long as we are being petty, I'ld like Dr Pepper next time please.

Wilt Dasney

I just had a scene flash through my mind...

Newly hired Disney PR rep: "We've got to do something about this Gran Fiesta situation! The whole thing was a debacle!! Our image is taking a massive public hit!"

Seasoned Disney PR rep: "What are you basing that on?"

NHDPRR: "Well, just look at THIS!" *opens this thread*

SDPRR: "Hmmm? Ooooh, that's a merf! *chuckle* You had me worried there for a second! Yeah, we'll get right on that!"

NHDPRR: "What just happened here?"

kcnole

I mean isn't closing Grand Feista or whatever its called on the same level as closing a restroom? Yeah it might be inconvinent if your rushing to it and surprised its closed, but so what you find another one. Finding something to take the time you have had in one of the lamest rides this side of the tiki room shouldn't be that hard.

Judging by your response, you obviously don't know why people are upset. The old Mexico ride was closed down months ago and has been getting a refurb and a 3 cabellero overlay. Many people are excited about the opportunity to see a new ride. Disney even announced that it would be officially open on April 2nd, so many people went out of their way to head over to Epcot that day so that they could ride it on their opening day just as I would have done had I lived in Orlando. They all lined up outside the pavilion to see it and then nothing, not even somebody to say hey it's not ready this is when we plan to have it open.

Now had Disney not announced an opening date and it was just rumors off the internet then this post would be a little silly. As it was, Disney did announce it, many people did head out there specifically for that only, and then it wasn't there without any information at all. Disney knew it wasn't going to open the attraction on the 2nd, they could have at least put some announcement out saying it was going to take a little longer and they were sorry.

CBOMB

Ok, blame me. I was the CM who was supposed to be standing there to explain to all three of you that it wasnt going to open.

Finally, we can put this thread to bed....
Your fired, turn in your badge, and collect your paycheck.

What it really boils down to is, what date WDW gave out as the offical opening date. Was it April 2 or April 6 or just early April? I think this little insignificant ride is more popular than people give it credit for. Over 200 post so far. I'm still sulking over not being able to ride it last January, and then again, I also fantasize about Pineapple Dole Whips.

juan

Judging by your response, you obviously don't know why people are upset. The old Mexico ride was closed down months ago and has been getting a refurb and a 3 cabellero overlay. Many people are excited about the opportunity to see a new ride. Disney even announced that it would be officially open on April 2nd, so many people went out of their way to head over to Epcot that day so that they could ride it on their opening day just as I would have done had I lived in Orlando. They all lined up outside the pavilion to see it and then nothing, not even somebody to say hey it's not ready this is when we plan to have it open.

Now had Disney not announced an opening date and it was just rumors off the internet then this post would be a little silly. As it was, Disney did announce it, many people did head out there specifically for that only, and then it wasn't there without any information at all. Disney knew it wasn't going to open the attraction on the 2nd, they could have at least put some announcement out saying it was going to take a little longer and they were sorry.

Ugghhhhhh
Where is this official date?
Disney changed the date a while ago and Disney.com wasn't updated.

The times guide 4/2 said closed, CM times guide 4/2 said closed, sign out front said closed, and portal said closed.
Then why did people still think it would be open?

Whoever showed up that day made their own mistake.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ugghhhhhh
Where is this official date?
Disney changed the date a while ago and Disney.com wasn't updated.

The times guide 4/2 said closed, CM times guide 4/2 said closed, sign out front said closed, and portal said closed.
Then why did people still think it would be open?

Whoever showed up that day made their own mistake.

The website is official - so foo on you.

How was anyone to know not to show up from those things you listed? At best, a CM could have posted to this forum to advise people.

Those are in-park forms of media, which no one could possibly have outside the park to know not to attend at 11am in the morning.

juan

The website is official - so foo on you.

How was anyone to know not to show up from those things you listed? At best, a CM could have posted to this forum to advise people.

Those are in-park forms of media, which no one could possibly have outside the park to know not to attend at 11am in the morning.

yes, the website is official - but not readily updated

a simple call to just about any WDW CM or WDW phone number could have prevented a trip out in the morning. All of them would have had a CM guide with the dates and closing on it.

and epcot times guides can be picked up at hotels and downtown disney

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
yes, the website is official - but not readily updated

a simple call to just about any WDW CM or WDW phone number could have prevented a trip out in the morning. All of them would have had a CM guide with the dates and closing on it.

and epcot times guides can be picked up at hotels and downtown disney

I wasn't at a hotel or DtD. You're failing to see the problem. I'm not going to call WDW if I don't think there's a problem.

It's not my responsbility to double check information when Disney has stated "xx" or beleive anything could possibly be to the contrary.

Again, you're blaming the guest for Disney's mistake.

askmike1

I feel so much sympathy for people who can go to WDW on a whim only to find that a new attraction hasn't opened on time. Talk about a hard knock life. :rolleyes: (This smiley doesn't even come close to showing how far my eyes are rolling.)

You might want to remove the turkey leg from your rear orifice if you think this is a "debacle."

clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif

It's like boo-hoo, you got to go to Epcot and didn't get to go on one of the smallest, least-publicized rides. Boo hoo, you got to sulk on Spaceship Earth, go to Soarin and finish off the day with Illuminations. My heart goes out to you. :rolleyes: Cry me a freakin' river. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*sigh*

I hope when your trip comes around that they decide to take down something you consider major and then not even be as nie as to post a CM outside.

Yes, that's the curse I wish upon you - walking by an attraction, seeing it closed, and never having an explination. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Wilt Dasney

*sigh*

I hope when your trip comes around that they decide to take down something you consider major and then not even be as nie as to post a CM outside.

Yes, that's the curse I wish upon you - walking by an attraction, seeing it closed, and never having an explination. I'm sure you'll be happy.

I think the bolded portion nicely sums up the difference between the two sides on this. To my way of thinking (and I suspect of many others), seeing a sign that says "closed" IS an explanation. It explains to me that I can't ride that day. Anything beyond that doesn't change the central fact that I'm not getting on Ride X....so I really don't care.

Obviously, you and a few other people see things differently.

I'm not trying to be judgmental here, but I think that really sums this whole thread up. :shrug:

juan

WDW is prepared for and knows everything happening at WDW

Disney.com is operated by Disney Internet Group and doesn't know and isn't always updated on everything happening at WDW

-this is the cause of the problem

Mr. Friendly

clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif
clappingwc0.gif

It's like boo-hoo, you got to go to Epcot and didn't get to go on one of the smallest, least-publicized rides. Boo hoo, you got to sulk on Spaceship Earth, go to Soarin and finish off the day with Illuminations. My heart goes out to you. :rolleyes: Cry me a freakin' river. :)

I think this ride is more important to some than others. I love dark rides, and I love this one. I might be the wierdest person you know, but it might ruin my day to see this ride closed. While the rest you might not care about it being closed and say"lests go ride nemo again." I might be a little un-friendly the rest of the day.

jmvd20

I think the bolded portion nicely sums up the difference between the two sides on this. To my way of thinking (and I suspect of many others), seeing a sign that says "closed" IS an explanation. It explains to me that I can't ride that day. Anything beyond that doesn't change the central fact that I'm not getting on Ride X....so I really don't care.

Obviously, you and a few other people see things differently.

I'm not trying to be judgmental here, but I think that really sums this whole thread up. :shrug:

Completely agree with that - you have just summed up nearly 250 posts very quickly and accurately.

However it has been a fun journey hasn't it?

askmike1

*sigh*

1) Would I be happy? No. Would I instantly get over it? Yes. There's the difference

2) What the heck could a CM say to make anything different????????? If it is closed, it is closed. Know what a CM is going to say? "The ride is closed." If you honestly think the CM would have told you when it will open, you obviously don't know Disney enough. I would have the common sense to realize I will find out about the closure much more on WDWMagic then by a working Disney CM.

Scar Junior

*sigh*

Another thing you fail to realize is that your 'trip' was nothing like most others' on these boards. You go to Epcot how many times a week? It's not like Craig from New Mexico - who plans a trip 9 months in advance and saves for years so his family can go to Epcot... no, no, you're there all the time. And that's fine that you're there all the time. But don't try to compare your short drive with the trips of other posters on this board. When their 'trip comes around' is months away (if they're lucky), when your 'trip comes around' is when you have free time or feel bored. There's no contempt here, I'm just trying to show you how your comments look from the persepctive of others on the board. :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Im not quite sure what Im suprised at more....that this thread wasnt locked down yet, or that the conversation is still going on...:shrug:

EpcotServo

Yea, this is silly. This was just a minor morning thing that coud've been handled a bit better. It's not a 16 page discussion. I think that the people on one side need to accept that it was a bit of a mess (Not a big one, but a mess), and the other side needs to calm down. It was a deal, but not a big deal. I think everyone needs to agree to disagree, and start talking about the ride!
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom